The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 425 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-11-2014, 19:45   #6361
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingItOut View Post
Some people should not be allowed dogs at all.
+1 Guy in our park (who doesn't pick up the poo ) is always forcing his 2 dogs into the river when they clearly don't want to go in. It's still quite high and Bailey and Lucy don't want to go in - which is fine with me because it's dangerous when it's like that. My neighbour told me he picked one of them up this morning and threw them in! ... They're lurchers not like they're designed to swim like my two with their webbed feet and a coat designed for it. Got very rude when somebody told him it wasn't fair on the dogs! Tool

I don't have patience for people any more lol - I'm not spending my free time standing around with people who irritate me lol! I was told yesterday I was being too protective of Lucy for putting her on lead and going to a different part of the park/leaving when the latest aggressive dog is running around off lead I replied that like my happy, confident dog as she is so no way will I put her in a situation that could leave me with 2 injured dogs - Bailey would step in if anything happened.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-11-2014, 20:11   #6362
SingItOut

I would do the same TK, moone being a typical terrier would fight back if another dog attacked her whereas Alli wouldn't so neither help matters. I'd rather be overly cautious than risk injury to my dogs.
23-11-2014, 20:24   #6363
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingItOut View Post
I would do the same TK, moone being a typical terrier would fight back if another dog attacked her whereas Alli wouldn't so neither help matters. I'd rather be overly cautious than risk injury to my dogs.
Everyone is afraid of that dog! Some people give her treats to pacify her hoping she'll go away - I've done it myself but not anymore.
24-11-2014, 13:03   #6364
Pumpkinseeds

Toby's developed a real taste for our bed. Last night he came to bed with us and stayed until after 5am, which is a first and he slept half way up the bed beside me instead of closer to the bottom. He took himself up to our bed a few hours ago, making his purry little self warm for the Winter.
24-11-2014, 13:54   #6365
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinseeds View Post
Toby's developed a real taste for our bed. Last night he came to bed with us and stayed until after 5am, which is a first and he slept half way up the bed beside me instead of closer to the bottom. He took himself up to our bed a few hours ago, making his purry little self warm for the Winter.
Twice now in the last week I've woken up to Lucy making noise on the floor at the end of the bed - I don't know if she's sliding off like what she does on the couch or if she's actually falling off in her sleep lol Last night when it happened Bailey jumped off the bed into this crate for some peace!

Anyways mini-rant - why is it when i ask people not to feed the dogs certain types/brands of treats it's ignored but when it's THEIR dog they expect me to respect their wishes!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-11-2014, 14:04   #6366
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
So Reb is a bit brighter today but they're still waiting for cultures to come back so they're 100% sure what it is. He looked alert in a photo my friend sent me earlier so hopefully he's finally on the mend!

We just left the park there and while Lucy was sniffing in the flowerbeds outside we saw some friends leaving with their retriever. As they were getting nearer the gate the called her but she kept walking and next started barking, bolted across the road and got clipped by a car. There's no way the car could have stopped in time - she kind of ran in a zigzag into the traffic. The driver was very apologetic and the owners were as well. She seems fine (probably in shock) but OMG I just feel sick thinking of it!
It can happen so fast. Once in summer a fellow trader at market was playing fetch with his dog and a rubber ball. There is a large green area in the middle of the village by the stalls. Suddenly the ball hit a post and ricocheted right across the road and by a miracle there was nothing passing. The owner was utterly shocked.
24-11-2014, 14:24   #6367
Pumpkinseeds

Toby won't come in the cat flap when it's shut as he's afraid Felix will be waiting on the other side to attack him, so we got into the habit of pinning the flap open permanently so he can come and go. We've been shutting it when they're asleep during the day since the weathers been colder and they've all forgotten how to use it now.
24-11-2014, 19:06   #6368
Pumpkinseeds

Well, 7pm and Toby has just surfaced from his morning nap.
(4) thanks from:
24-11-2014, 19:37   #6369
honerbright

This afternoon I was just casually giving my former-feral/stray-cat-who-used-to-run-from-humans kisses on the top of his head without an ounce of fear from him.

I'm such a proud cat-mammy.
Advertisement
24-11-2014, 22:42   #6370
muddypaws

We're hoping to do a sled dog trek at the end of December, 54 miles over 2 days, so stepped the training up this morning, I'm shattered, even though I spent most of the 4 hours stood on the rig, with the dogs pulling. My old bones ache tonight, but was great to have it so cold for the dogs, that my fingers were numb even with my gloves on.
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 08:19   #6371
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinseeds View Post
Toby won't come in the cat flap when it's shut as he's afraid Felix will be waiting on the other side to attack him, so we got into the habit of pinning the flap open permanently so he can come and go. We've been shutting it when they're asleep during the day since the weathers been colder and they've all forgotten how to use it now.
After the dog ruined two cat flaps ( ever seen a collie trying to get out through a small cat flap!) and the incursion of ferals, our cat flap is now just a hole covered by a baard kept over it with the old dead microwave. The door is PVC and I cannot get glue or anything to stick. My two can somehow wriggle in but not out and so far the feral has not learned to do that.. Faces north on a high mountain so essential to block it..
Yesterday, 09:38   #6372
tk123

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Lucy rolled in poo again this morning!! I'm thinking of making her a vest (a coat rustling would annoy her I think) so then if she rolls the poo will be on the vest and not her. I know people say don't wash the dog blah blah but when your dog is covered in poo you don't have an option!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 10:01   #6373
aonb

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddypaws View Post
We're hoping to do a sled dog trek at the end of December, 54 miles over 2 days, so stepped the training up this morning, I'm shattered, even though I spent most of the 4 hours stood on the rig, with the dogs pulling. My old bones ache tonight, but was great to have it so cold for the dogs, that my fingers were numb even with my gloves on.
Wow! Whats involved? How many dogs pull? How long is each stage? How long do they run for at a time? How heavy is the sled? This sounds so exciting. How many teams take part? I once saw a dog sled race in Alaska - the excitement - the joy of the dogs starting out, was incredible. What kind of course is there here? Any photos of the rig? I bet your dogs just love it?
(5) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion