Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Stop People From Sitting In My Bus Seat!?!?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭28064212

UCDVet wrote: »
    Seats are first come, first serve. If I get two before someone else and I pay for two - how is that unfair?
    Because you don't get two. Your bag "gets" the seat. But a bag can't "get" a seat. So you don't have two seats, you have one seat

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

28064212 wrote: »
    Because you don't get two. Your bag "gets" the seat. But a bag can't "get" a seat. So you don't have two seats, you have one seat

Exactly; seats are reserved for passengers. A bag is not a passenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jynx59

you are paying for your journey, not for seats, it annoys me when people have small children 2/3 years old taking up seats, they could easily put them sitting on their laps

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Seats are not allocated on buses, they are not numbered. If your ticket specifically said you have seat X ans seat Y, then by all means your 2 ticket approach is acceptable.

If I sat down beside you on a bus and you said that you have 2 tickets and 2 places on the bus and that I am sitting in your seat. I would simply respond by saying you are sitting in my seat.

Also...the seats do not specify that they are for 2 people either, that is just a common understanding based on size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

aloyisious wrote: »
    So, IT'S YOU.............:mad:

ZiiiinnnG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

9959 wrote: »
    Huh?

Like he said, back under your bridge you heinous scumbag sympathiser. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

OP is lacking in proper ambition, borrow a disabled badge off a grateful elderly neighbour and you can take up half the bus with your books and notes on your commute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Why are so many people taking this seriously?
    And even worse - getting angry at the op and telling him he's unintelligent and selfish etc?!
    And all the people calling 'troll'?

It's obviously just a joke, and I personally found it funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

So you buy two passes because you dont want anyone sitting next to you...but I bet your two much of a chicken to actually have the balls to stand up and say to someone who wants to sit down or moves your stuff "I paid for this seat, you cant sit here" your afraid cause you'd be told to f**k off, or get laughed at by the entire bus. Your fare, however it may be paid, only guarantees you a valid bus journey, says nothing about where you sit, sure did you forget you can also stand on a bus? so you've no right whatsoever right to claim a whole seat to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

spurious wrote: »
    Put on some weight. People don't like sitting beside the fatties.

Or smelly people:pac: Well me for one anyways...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

So I have two of the student rambler passes. Since the bus I take each day is normally crowded and I like to read and do school work on the bus - I bought two passes. When I get on the bus, I scan them both, naturally.

Then, I sit down and take up two seats.

Seems reasonable.

But once the bus becomes full (which it inevitably does) people will ask me to move my stuff so they can sit down. It's as if they don't realize I've paid for two seats! Some have even tried to actually move my stuff themselves, while others have insisted 'Ye can't do that!'

How do you guys keep people from sitting in your seat?

You didn't pay for 2 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

I don't know about the rest of you, but I often intentionally look for someone that is taking up 2 seats and obviously does not want to share and sit next to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

emul8ter25 wrote: »
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I often intentionally look for someone that is taking up 2 seats and obviously does not want to share and sit next to them.

Yes, I have been known to do that, particularly if the person doesn't make any moves to remove the bag or whatever.

I wonder has anyone ever tried to sit on the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

So I have two of the student rambler passes. Since the bus I take each day is normally crowded and I like to read and do school work on the bus - I bought two passes. When I get on the bus, I scan them both, naturally.

Then, I sit down and take up two seats.

Seems reasonable.

But once the bus becomes full (which it inevitably does) people will ask me to move my stuff so they can sit down. It's as if they don't realize I've paid for two seats! Some have even tried to actually move my stuff themselves, while others have insisted 'Ye can't do that!'

How do you guys keep people from sitting in your seat?

Wow, just wow, does the seat have your name on it? Have you bought shares or bonds to only sit in that seat? :eek:

Advertisement