Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Don't forget that CM is not Sense.

I tried a bunch of the sense 6.0 roms in the past week, best I've found (most reliable/etc) has been Maximus ROM (http://llabtoofer.com/). To each their own though. You'd want to install Titanium and get backing up first before you begin flashing ROMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

dulpit wrote: »
    Don't forget that CM is not Sense.

I tried a bunch of the sense 6.0 roms in the past week, best I've found (most reliable/etc) has been Maximus ROM (http://llabtoofer.com/). To each their own though. You'd want to install Titanium and get backing up first before you begin flashing ROMS.

Good point. I had no qualms about abandoning Sense, and some of the stuff in Sense that I didn't like was the main reason why I wanted to root in the first place.

Out of curiosity, would you rate a sense based ROM above something like cm? I like that I have the latest version of Android by using cm. Any compelling reasons why I should think about trying a sense based ROM?

Good point. I had no qualms about abandoning Sense, and some of the stuff in Sense that I didn't like was the main reason why I wanted to root in the first place.

Out of curiosity, would you rate a sense based ROM above something like cm? I like that I have the latest version of Android by using cm. Any compelling reasons why I should think about trying a sense based ROM?

I personally prefer sense, I know others prefer the more vanilla android feel though, so that's a personal choice.

Sense does include an FM radio app, which you won't get with most (any?) AOSP-style ROM like CM. I like the radio, it's nearly a deal breaker in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Is YouTube working for people on their HTC one.

It won't work for me the last few days for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

CptMackey wrote: »

Working fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

CptMackey wrote: »

Working fine here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

My One is repaired! Alas I am in London with work and my phone is in the Vodafone store in Mahon Point. But still, huzzah.

How long were you waiting,gave mine in to o2 4 weeks ago nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

whats the story with the htc one e8, does anyone know. price, release date etc. would it be as good as the m8?

ofcork wrote: »
    How long were you waiting,gave mine in to o2 4 weeks ago nothing yet.

Em... I handed it in on a Friday evening, it was back into the shop on the Wednesday 2 weeks later, so just over 2.5 weeks. It was 3 before it was back in my hands though, as I was travelling with work.

Having said that, they didn't repair, they replaced - so if they're repairing it might take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

Got it back today checked the dates and was nearly 5 weeks so hopefully stays working now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Mine was 3 1/2 weeks. Replaced with a new one.

Fired it up today. Phone showing full signal and Internet working. Won't make calls or texts.

I had it sold and had drove to meet the buyer. Never thought to test it before as it's supposed to be new.

Have been playing with the TV app for the last while, I had never really given it much attention until now. It's quite nifty, and works surprisingly well. Only fault I see with it is that when you volume up or down it occasionally keeps pressing the button on the TV after you stop pressing the button on phone. Easy fix is to block the IR blaster or twist the phone around, mildly annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Just put Windows 8.1 on the PC, can't get Sync Manager working, seems to be a common problem.
    Any suggestions for a straightforward way of transferring files to the One (M7)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

MOH wrote: »
    Just put Windows 8.1 on the PC, can't get Sync Manager working, seems to be a common problem.
    Any suggestions for a straightforward way of transferring files to the One (M7)?

doesnt it show up as removable drive in windows or dropbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

irishgeo wrote: »
    doesnt it show up as removable drive in windows or dropbox?

Nope, it shows up as "CD Drive (E:) HTC Sync Manager". Tried uninstalling HTCSync and the HTC drivers from the PC and made no difference.
    I'm not even seeing the drvice properly, just a folder with a load of HTC stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Has anyone else noticed battery life has seriously improved since the last update? I rarely need to recharge in the evening now. Or is it a temporary coincidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hochspitch

Hey guys looking for a bit of advice. I had the HTC One (M7) for a couple of months and by far its the best phone I've ever had; wouldn't dream of getting another phone. Unfortunately some scumbag robbed it on me while I was on holidays and I need to replace it. I was thinking though, with the new One, the M8 out, would I be better off getting that instead? I suppose for anyone who has/had both phones, is it worth the extra amount for the new features on the M8, or should I just stick with M7 again. Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

hochspitch wrote: »
    Hey guys looking for a bit of advice. I had the HTC One (M7) for a couple of months and by far its the best phone I've ever had; wouldn't dream of getting another phone. Unfortunately some scumbag robbed it on me while I was on holidays and I need to replace it. I was thinking though, with the new One, the M8 out, would I be better off getting that instead? I suppose for anyone who has/had both phones, is it worth the extra amount for the new features on the M8, or should I just stick with M7 again. Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

I've used both, the M8 is better and newer (obviously) and as an M7 owner I can't justify upgrading. However if you don't currently have a phone then I would suggest you go with the M8, as the M7 is now older, and will lose support from HTC earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

I've used both, the M8 is better and newer (obviously) and as an M7 owner I can't justify upgrading. However if you don't currently have a phone then I would suggest you go with the M8, as the M7 is now older, and will lose support from HTC earlier.

The M8 got better bigger battery than the m7 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Has the 8 better camera ar the one in 7 is pathetic ?

• Advertisement

rai555 wrote: »
    Has the 8 better camera ar the one in 7 is pathetic ?

If you're referring to the M7 and M8, the M8 would be slightly better. Don't know what you base the M7 camera being pathetic on, but when I had one it was definitely the best phone camera I'd used, coming from S3 and Note 2. Most of my shots would be of my kids and/or in average light, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I haven't used a flash since I got the m7 at launch. I love it for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Hey Guys,

I have an M8 from Three running 4.4.2. The "Ok Google" search functionality works, but the options to enable Ok Google from any screen or from the lock screen are greyed out.

Anyone else have this issue? Do I need to wait for 4.4.3 or 4.4.4? I read on some forums that people have these options with 4.4.2

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

scudzilla wrote: »
    Think i've found the issue, done a lot of searching last night and most big sites recommend a factory data reset after a big update, i did that at 22:00 last night.

Went to bed at around 23:00 and handset was on 68%, got up at 6.30 and was on 64% so a LOT better.

I know it's a pain in the hole but i guess it makes sense after such a large update

Hey did the Factory Reset fix this issue permanently? I got the same problem since last week but I haven't updated phone in a month or two so don't know why its an issue all of a sudden.

What do you need to back up for factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Hey Guys,

I have an M8 from Three running 4.4.2. The "Ok Google" search functionality works, but the options to enable Ok Google from any screen or from the lock screen are greyed out.

Anyone else have this issue? Do I need to wait for 4.4.3 or 4.4.4? I read on some forums that people have these options with 4.4.2

Thanks

You need to change the language from UK English to US English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anyone know where I can get a new screen in Dublin at a reasonable price.
    Mine is scratched to bits.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

irishgeo wrote: »
    You need to change the language from UK English to US English.

Thanks man! :)

Hey, having an issue with my M7, was wondering if anyone could help. I ordered a new one which arrived today. It had not been updated to the newest update yet (Sense 6) so I tried to do it manually (About > Software Update, etc) but it said there was no update available for my phone. Not sure why, my last M7 got the update the day it became available. I ordered this phone from Amazon which came from somewhere in Europe (whereas the last one I got off expansys). I tried resetting the phone and nothing. Anyone any ideas on how I can update to Sense 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

hochspitch wrote: »
    Hey, having an issue with my M7, was wondering if anyone could help. I ordered a new one which arrived today. It had not been updated to the newest update yet (Sense 6) so I tried to do it manually (About > Software Update, etc) but it said there was no update available for my phone. Not sure why, my last M7 got the update the day it became available. I ordered this phone from Amazon which came from somewhere in Europe (whereas the last one I got off expansys). I tried resetting the phone and nothing. Anyone any ideas on how I can update to Sense 6?

Was the device new or second hand ?

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    Was the device new or second hand ?

New. Why?

Advertisement