Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 19 - Penn, Edgar + Pendred & Fields! **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Something fishy about that.

On a scale of one to ten I'd say you floundered with that joke, I'd put you in tenth plaice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

On a scale of one to ten I'd say you floundered with that joke, I'd put you in tenth plaice.

You must be coddin me. That was, without a trout, the best fish pun you'll hear to-ray.

I think I should close my account after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lads, stop derailing the thread.

It's like you're doing it on porpoise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, stop derailing the thread.

It's like you're doing it on porpoise!

Other people have a right to post their opinions here.
    Don't be so shellfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Oh my cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Could you lot speak up please? My herring is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Stop being so damn shellfish looking for thanks' and get back on topic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Word on the street is that Sean salmon, Sean shark and Curtis trout are making a ufc comeback soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

All of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Advertisement

All of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm struggling to see how that relates to fish???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'm struggling to see how that relates to fish???

Some people should get the rod! This thread was going swimmingly until this nonsense started. Its a load of Pollocks now.

P.S: Dolphins are mammals not fish.

P.P.S: I heard Cathal was too defensive and not offensive enough with the dolphin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

P.P.S: I heard Cathal was too defensive and not offensive enough with the dolphin.

Wow lets keep it PG here thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just put the radio on and Cathal talking to Tubridy about the dolphin save :pac:

EDIT: News just in, the dolphin came back to the beach an hour later and died. Can we rename this thread to 'RIP Baby Dolphin Cathal failed to save'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Fields was very lucky, it seemed to me like he was well on his way to a pounding there.

Cathal and Chris will be on beyond the octagon tomorrow night at 9pm bt sports. I'm guessing they will be announced as fighting in the dublin card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Cathal and Chris will be on beyond the octagon tomorrow night at 9pm bt sports. I'm guessing they will be announced as fighting in the dublin card.

They will NOT announced on the card as they could well be fighting on the TUF Finale in July.

If they announced them to fight in Dublin then everyone would know they didn't make the final, if they announce them on the card fighting the finale in Dublin people would know, spoiling the whole series.

But then again, some already do know ;)

Ya was thinking that, wasn't sure how secretive ufc would be about tuf. Anyway looks like we'll be getting some kind if info about the dublin card.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya was thinking that, wasn't sure how secretive ufc would be about tuf. Anyway looks like we'll be getting some kind if info about the dublin card.

Probably tickets on sale next week, with Conor/Miller & Picket/Mcall as Co-mains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

scudzilla wrote: »
    Probably tickets on sale next week,

Bloody better not, I'll be nowhere near a computer!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bloody better not, I'll be nowhere near a computer!

Sounds that way, announcement this week, tickets out next week, maybe wrong but thats the way it usually goes.

I'm still working on an FC Presale code, don't really wanna spent 60 quid on 1 just for 1 event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭crybaby

himself and Fields talking about how the Irish are "bred to fight" and "born fighters" is bloody nauseating too.

as far as i can see in history we've only had success hiding in the shadows planting bombs in civilian pubs and shopping areas, shooting Englishmen in their beds, massacring soldiers trying to surrender, burning people alive in barracks, and other such pussy guerilla tactics.
    Hardly "bred warriors" now in fairness.
    ok we do alright in the Olympic boxing but when they turn pro they generally get nowhere.

cheesy talk obviously aimed at the American audience about the fighting Irish or being an Irish warrior has NOTHING to do with the IRA or anything related, what are you on about?

Delighted to see an Irishman win a fight in TUF he looked out of it in round 1 but did very well to recover deffo needs to show more aggression though in his next fight

Fields fairly out of his depth in his fight in episode one but love to see him comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Sounds that way, announcement this week, tickets out next week, maybe wrong but thats the way it usually goes.

I'm still working on an FC Presale code, don't really wanna spent 60 quid on 1 just for 1 event

What do you mean working on? Do any of the regulars fancy all chipping in on one FC membership to get the tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

crybaby wrote: »
    cheesy talk obviously aimed at the American audience about the fighting Irish or being an Irish warrior has NOTHING to do with the IRA or anything related, what are you on about?

Delighted to see an Irishman win a fight in TUF he looked out of it in round 1 but did very well to recover deffo needs to show more aggression though in his next fight

Fields fairly out of his depth in his fight in episode one but love to see him comeback

Isn't fields fighting a weight class above himself like Cathal?? I think Chris will find the strength and size difference harder to deal with than cathal tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'll be renewing this week, will have to leave my details with a friend and trust him to do the buying while I'm away. I'm in India until the 9th on a charity trip.

adamski8 wrote: »
    What do you mean working on? Do any of the regulars fancy all chipping in on one FC membership to get the tickets?

I was an FC member from when it first started for 4yrs then i just gave up, the place was a crock of shoite and run really badly.

Have a few friends in U.S who i've met at events and 1 is still a member, ya get 2 pre sale codes, 1 for U.S events, 1 for outside U.S, so he's giving me his ;)

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'll be renewing this week, will have to leave my details with a friend and trust him to do the buying while I'm away. I'm in India until the 9th on a charity trip.

Don't get raped ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

A few of you saying great to finally see an Irish man in the TUF house, do you not remember Norman? he maybe N.Irish/British but still I count him as the first, even if he did break the rules. (don't want to get dragged into a who is irish / n.irish battle here just pointing it out.)

I hope they all do well Fields come across as a good guy from what I have seen and the whole preacher thing/angle I hope they turn KA-HAL into a heal will be great to have a decent heal in the house.

Call me a bad fan but tbh I fast forward the whole background story bit of the show, since the producer/format changed its getting very X-Factor with who has the better story. I just want to see the training and the angles that happen in the house not what happened before it.

Also anyone else see the Ward guy wearing the Irish sweat band maybe a mini group starting?

Plus nice wee mention for Cage Warriors too which is more than some got
    "Bellator champs don't belong here":rolleyes:

$ausage$ wrote: »
    A few of you saying great to finally see an Irish man in the TUF house, do you not remember Norman? he maybe N.Irish/British but still I count him as the first, even if he did break the rules. (don't want to get dragged into a who is irish / n.irish battle here just pointing it out.)

In fairness this kind of debate starts wars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

A few of you saying great to finally see an Irish man in the TUF house, do you not remember Norman? he maybe N.Irish/British but still I count him as the first,

I dont think people discount Norman, I just think Cathal and Chris are the first Irish men in the main TUF house. No disrespect to the smashes but the level of competiton wasnt up to the usual standard that is in the main house.

Callanutd wrote: »
    I dont think people discount Norman, I just think Cathal and Chris are the first Irish men in the main TUF house. No disrespect to the smashes but the level of competiton wasnt up to the usual standard that is in the main house.

So is the Smashes like Hollyoaks after dark? :eek:

• Advertisement

Callanutd wrote: »

I think it's while Norman is Irish he thinks of himself is british, where as the two lads think of themselves as Irish so feel more irish

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

I see Norman has said today that he wants onto the Dublin card...would be a good addition.

No offence to him or the card but TUF fighters seam to never really hit the heights they used to or is it just me?

Or is it just the fact the sport is more popular hence more people = better quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

I think the sport is more popular worldwide and therefore they need to increase the size of their roster. They have obviously improved their scouting networks and are picking up the best fighters before they have to go down the TUF route (like McGregor). I think the quality of TUF fighters is diminishing and TBH I think it will die a natural death like other reality shows.

So what do you see replacing it? just poaching champs from other factions?
    Neil's rise has been great and call me old fashioned but I like the "promotion" aspect better then say TUF. would the likes of Norman be still in the UFC if he had to go the route Neil did? I am not so sure.

I think the smashes and other "spins offs" are really watering it down but a good way to get to see emerging nations etc. I personally only watch TUF when UK/Irish guys are in it any more or the coaches are good.
    I still to this day can not watch the scene in anchorman where Ron shows his local awards speech and not think of the Ken v Tito TUF where Ken just lectured them. Some great epps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

BeepBeep! wrote: »
    I think the quality of TUF fighters is diminishing and TBH I think it will die a natural death like other reality shows.

If they didn't launch a new season every 4 weeks they could milk it for years. They're really picking out up and coming fighters, some of who are utter ****. The only problem is that if they wait around for fighters to get more experience = more talent they risk losing them to another org.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

No offence to him or the card but TUF fighters seam to never really hit the heights they used to or is it just me?

Or is it just the fact the sport is more popular hence more people = better quality?

Dillishaw and Dodson from Tuf 14 will both have fought for titles by the end of May.

Now I know their divisions were just being formed and so the show catapulted them fairly quickly up the ladder but still.

Not exactly Sanchez, Griffin, Evans cant see many names like that coming from any of the current crop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Uriah Hall was rubbish in his John Howard fight but a lot of people think he's going to go far. Kelvin Gastellum is also very steadily rising.

It's worth remembering that the UFC has expanded an awful lot since the Griffin/Bonnar days. It was the number two promotion in those days and a lot of the top international talent was fighting in Pride.

So I don't think that the TUF guys are lower quality, but they're coming up against much tougher competition when they start fighting in the UFC than they did back in the day.

• Advertisement

I would be of the suggestion that if you get two guys who are matched well then it can be better/more entertaining than say a title fight where two guys reach the top. Some of the best fights I have seen in Pro and Amateur are all about match making. I wonder how much goes into the match making for the entry into the house as there where some guys going home who I think could have done well, plus to say Dana white would not have a list of 100 guys who would have come and fought KA-HAL on a days notice is a bit much for me, kind of made me feel like it was a storyline!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

... plus to say Dana white would not have a list of 100 guys who would have come and fought KA-HAL on a days notice is a bit much for me, kind of made me feel like it was a storyline!

None of those 100 names would have time to go through the strict vetting process necessary before they will risk putting them on national television though. They had a short list of alternates and it was just one of those things that none of them were able to step up when the opportunity arose. They may look to make better arrangements for such an outcome for future shows now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JojoD51

Thought the lads did very well on BT last night, came across very well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Just a heads-up for anyone who set this up to record with the 'series link' thing on their UPC box. It was on BT Sports 1 the last 2 weeks but it's scheduled to be on BT Sports 2 tonight (and at least next week too). As far as I can tell it won't record the episode for you as it is. You'll need to set up the recording again for BT Sports 2.

Come back VHS, all is forgiven!

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Just a heads-up for anyone who set this up to record with the 'series link' thing on their UPC box. It was on BT Sports 1 the last 2 weeks but it's scheduled to be on BT Sports 2 tonight (and at least next week too). As far as I can tell it won't record the episode for you as it is. You'll need to set up the recording again for BT Sports 2.

Come back VHS, all is forgiven!

It won't record on my sky series link either

A nice brain-fart moment from someone in BT Sports!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

upc ftw. Just checked and its all set to record

adamski8 wrote: »
    upc ftw. Just checked and its all set to record

Not for me. It's in the TV planner as 'not yet available' on BT Sport 1.

cathal and chris definately seem to be getting good airtime

• Advertisement
Advertisement