Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BAC Aware 10k Challenge!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

911sc wrote: »
    I'll be wearing runners and shorts:)
    Not me. I prefer 'au natural'. :)
    Look out for me, I'll look a little like this: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I'm registered but not under Boards. Will I be able to register under Boards when collecting my number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I'm registered but not under Boards. Will I be able to register under Boards when collecting my number?

Same as myself.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

From other thread:

I registered yesterday. Just these 5 from Board AC?
    How do we identify ourselves for a chat before/after the race?
    I'll be wearing runners and shorts:)

I'm in but plodding (seriously, I train at a 11 minute mile). :pac:
    Given my dislike of the cold, I'll probably be in tracksuit bottoms or running tights.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How do we identify ourselves for a chat before/after the race?
    Somehow you'll just know who the Boards people are, I don't know how but you just will. Also, there are a couple of them identifiable in the mugshot here from the last BHAA race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Thanks for the photo.
    Here is what i look like.
    Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

I'm registered. So what are people aiming for.Me a 49:59 hopefully as my PB is 5034 and it would round off the year on a great note after a disappointing first marathon time.Will take it easy then until an alcohol free January leading into the Raheny 5.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm registered but not under boards. I'll be the small girl in the Leeds United jersey and canterbury base layer if it's really cold. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I registered before i joined up to Boards so do you have you sign up to be a member of Boards AC? What i wear depends on the day and would love to it beating the PB which is 48 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

Since the marathon my training to say the least has been crap!. I have been running 4/3 times a week doing 4 milers each time just plodding along as my legs were in bits. Looking forward to Sunday though it will kick start me back into the training again, is there anyone in the same boat as me or are ye all going full tilt in training?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Not long to go now! Someone organised should probably get together a list of entrants and targets...

On teh question about registering as Boards AC I don't think we are allowed to yet as we are not an official AAI club yet, the lads are working on that, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I'm in. My target is 39 59.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

greenplain wrote: »
    Looking forward to Sunday though it will kick start me back into the training again,

To save any confusion the aware10k is on Saturday morning.

MP1972- Your really going to wear a leeds jersey after last Sunday?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Where is the carparking/ registration being done for the Aware race on Saturday?

oh yea thats right Saturday!!!....Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

robinph wrote: »
    Where is the carparking/ registration being done for the Aware race on Saturday?

For number pickup they usually have a caravan at the entrance to the Papal Cross car park. I assume same this year.

From their web site - Late Registration takes place in the Garda Boat Club on the Chapelizod Road from 7.30 till 9.30 Sharp. €25

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What's the story with changing facilities for the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

in a car? behing a tree? not sure if we can use the organiser caravan though!:rolleyes:

Is there finishers tee shirts ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

gerard65 wrote: »
    MP1972- Your really going to wear a leeds jersey after last Sunday?

Of course. It's all part of the fun. :D

However, in the highly unlikely event that it's warm, I won't be wearing it as I'd be melted in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Hi,

Does anyone know if there'll be distance markers along the route in Phoenix Park this Saturday?

Thanks,

R

rigal wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if there'll be distance markers along the route in Phoenix Park this Saturday?

Thanks,

R

There were markers every km last year. Ran up the Kyber twice today in a 5m run,it looked slippy but i stayed upright--saturday morning looks decent enough on the weather front:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Yep Ill be doing this and the jingle bells 5k the following week.

Ill have to head for the boat club for late registration though.

On a side note I felt €25 euro was a bit steep. Maybe its just me being a broke student around Christmas time though....and I suppose its for a good cause.:pac:

Its going to be hard to get the balance right between not freezing to death at the start and not sweating to death in the last 2 miles. Im thinking of wearing a long sleeve T-shirt. Would that be alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm really looking forward to Saturday, it's a great route, the forecast is looking good and it's my first 'race' since the marathon. I'm back running for 3 weeks and my legs feel great so I'm planning to push myself hard on Saturday to see how I do.

Last year, I'd just started running and I did it in 1.08 so want to really improve on that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Just be careful getting too carried away over the first half. Its run over very much the same route as the simon 5 mile and take it from me if you hav'nt much left in the tank on the kyper pass you'll suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

gerard65 wrote: »
    Just be careful getting too carried away over the first half. Its run over very much the same route as the simon 5 mile and take it from me if you hav'nt much left in the tank on the kyper pass you'll suffer.
    Very true. Until I get up that hill in the wood/track area I'll take it easy enough so I can get up the kyber pass and up that final horrible little hill in the last 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Hi Guys, is meeting point for boards runners tomorrow and for Sunday's run in Marlay Park.

Thanks

I wonder will they grit/salt the course as the forecast predicts -5 for tonight,it will be treacherous otherwise!:confused:Everyone will end up on the grass or with StJohnOfGods i fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hasn't been raining much though hawkwing.
    Reckon it'll be fine, the Kyber pass will be a bit slippy because of the surface but we'll be running uphill then so it'll be easier to control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Guys,

Doing the race with a couple of mates tomorrow and we're not used to running fast :o...

Any thoughts/advice on pace during each section of the route? I ran the route last weekend in 50 mins at just above training pace and was fine afterwards, think I went a bit too slow at the start. We are aiming for a time just under 45 minutes which for me will be pretty tough going.

I think if I can keep a good pace during the first 2kms (c.4.5mins per km) which are on an incline I can recover on the downhill part and maybe even make up a decent bit of time there before tackling the hills in the latter half.

Thanks,

R

Advertisement