Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage/Marriage Equality/End of World?

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

macyard wrote: »
    Why is SMOKINGMAN's musing taken for fact, my musing is calling out his musing, since his came first his must be establish before mine.

It's not, it was a suggestion/musing.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Ok all post will be prefaced with I would imagine from now on, English is my second language so this might be where difficulties come from.

I would imagine priest are seen as having more links to paedophilia then gays, why are their life expectancy not lowered due to this?

I gathered that you are not very proficient in English and therefore have been cutting you some slack. However, despite it being said several times now that paedophilia has nothing to do with the topic under discussion in this thread you persist in trying to introduce it to the discussion.

Here is a link to an academic study http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/faculty_sites/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html which discussed the myth that there is any connection between homosexuality and paedophilia. Go away and read it. When you have done so you will hopefully understand why discussing child abuse does not belong in this thread and your continued attempts to do so is deeply offensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 380 ✭✭macyard

SW wrote: »
    It's not, it was a suggestion/musing.

Then my suggestion/musing is just as valid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

Why is SMOKINGMAN's musing taken for fact, my musing is calling out his musing, since his came first his must be establish before mine.

Because mine was based in reality as opposed to the right wing, hate-filled, fantastical and moronic rhetoric you are pushing.

Y'know, I was looking at that ignore button but I've changed my mind now. I'm just going to follow you around this site and post warnings and evidence of your deceitful purpose.

Have a nice day now!

smokingman wrote: »
    Because mine was based in reality as opposed to the right wing, hate-filled, fantastical and moronic rhetoric you are pushing.

Y'know, I was looking at that ignore button but I've changed my mind now. I'm just going to follow you around this site and post warnings and evidence of your deceitful purpose.

Have a nice day now!

Your's are based in a liberal left wing fantastical and moronic rhetoric you are pushing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Mod:
    So will you now show facts that prove me wrong [...] I await eagerly to learn the academic facts for the above points so I can change my opionion. Until then I will have the opionion there was more abuse in the priesthood then gay community
    That's not how debate works, mac.

You're the one making claims about the gay community so it's up to you to substantiate the claims or withdraw them. If you refuse to substantiate your claims then your claims will be withdrawn by default and people will be free to carry on the debate as though they were no longer your views.

Mods here in A+A don't usually need to make this basic rule of debate as clear as I've done here, but it seems necessary in your case. For clarity, if you don't substantiate you claims, one of the moderators will formally withdraw them for you.

Your's are based in a liberal left wing fantastical and moronic rhetoric you are pushing.

Do you wake up every morning and ask yourself, "who will I hate today?".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Mod:
    Thougj if you post any more of that kind of tripe, you're more likely to end up banned before you have time to substantiate your wild claims.

robindch wrote: »
    Mod: That's not how debate works, mac.

You're the one making claims about the gay community so it's up to you to substantiate the claims or withdraw them. If you refuse to substantiate your claims then your claims will be withdrawn by default and people will be free to carry on the debate as though they were no longer your views.

Mods here in A+A don't usually need to make this basic rule of debate as clear as I've done here, but it seems necessary in your case. For clarity, if you don't substantiate you claims, one of the moderators will formally withdraw them for you.

I did withdraw them as opinion and asked for smokingman to do the same or substantiate his claims.

Also isn't saying you will follow a poster across boards to attack the poster not the post against site rules as smoking man has just done

Y'know, it's at times like this, during a national debate on something important, that boards should really use geoip services to show a "posted from x country" so we can see the attempts to derail our internal societal dialogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Also isn't saying you will follow a poster across boards to attack the poster not the post against site rules as smoking man has just done

Not a mod so I don't know. All I can tell you is that when you posted similar conjecture linking homosexuality to paedophilia in AH, I reported you as having popped up on 3 different threads at that stage (one of which you created yourself) spouting the same tripe. You got banned. Not my doing, but your own doing for pushing a sick agenda, to my mind.

I did withdraw them as opinion and asked for smokingman to do the same or substantiate his claims.

Oh, I will be only attacking your posts alright; every single one of them. :)

Oh, I will be only attacking your posts alright; every single one of them. :)

Following me around is a vendetta against me and against site rules.

Deceit with malicious intention is also against it. I'm just going to be really interested in your views is all ;)

Shrap wrote: »
    Not a mod so I don't know. All I can tell you is that when you posted similar conjecture linking homosexuality to paedophilia in AH, I reported you as having popped up on 3 different threads at that stage (one of which you created yourself) spouting the same tripe. You got banned. Not my doing, but your own doing for pushing a sick agenda, to my mind.

I got banned in ah for a week for pointing out when people say, you are against gay stuff so really you are a gay in the closest.

I used example that line of thinking is faulty

Constantly trying to make a connection between homosexuality and child abuse is walking a fine line bordering incitement to hate speech which is against the law - yet you persist...

I got banned in ah for a week for pointing out when people say, you are against gay stuff so really you are a gay in the closest.

I used example that line of thinking is faulty

You mean Internalised Homophobia and it exists. It is a genuine thing.

Here is evidence : http://her.oxfordjournals.org/content/15/1/97.full

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Constantly trying to make a connection between homosexuality and child abuse is walking a fine line bordering incitement to hate speech which is against the law - yet you persist...

I have never said all homosexuals are paedophile only ones that abuse kids are, in this thread I have being trying to say the public think there is less homosexuals that abuse kids then priests that abuse kids but got flack for it.

But I don't think all homosexuals or priests are child abusers only the small minority are the ones that abuse kids

You mean Internalised Homophobia and it exists. It is a genuine thing.

Here is evidence : http://her.oxfordjournals.org/content/15/1/97.full

Can't that then be extrapolated as internalised misogyny, internalised paedophobia, internalised anything, if you dislike something it's cause you are internalising it.

You see to much on boards if you say something the gay community don't like they will dog pile and say oh you are really just gay in the closet and cannot handle it.

I have never said all homosexuals are paedophile only ones that abuse kids are, in this thread I have being trying to say the public think there is less homosexuals that abuse kids then priests that abuse kids but got flack for it.

But I don't think all homosexuals or priests are child abusers only the small minority are the ones that abuse kids

I don't think all heterosexual men are child abusers only the small minority are the ones that abuse kids therefore I am going over to the Gentleman's Club and continually discuss straight men and paedophilia taking care to place both terms in the same sentence.

Are you a straight man by the way?*

*This question has nothing to do with the paragraph proceeding it. No inferences should be drawn by their proximity.

Mods - any chance Maccy could be asked to get a new tune to sing? This is going around in meaningless circles.

• Advertisement

Can't that then be extrapolated as internalised misogyny, internalised paedophobia, internalised anything, if you dislike something it's cause you are internalising it.

You see to much on boards if you say something the gay community don't like they will dog pile and say oh you are really just gay in the closet and cannot handle it.

Hey , you said it was faulty logic, I merely pointed out that there is evidence that such a thing exists. Are you logiphobic by any chance?

I don't care why you have a problem with the gay community to be honest - internal, external hateful is as hateful spouts.

I don't think all heterosexual men are child abusers only the small minority are the ones that abuse kids therefore I am going over to the Gentleman's Club and continually discuss straight men and paedophilia taking care to place both terms in the same sentence.

Are you a straight man by the way?*

*This question has nothing to do with the paragraph proceeding it. No inferences should be drawn by their proximity.

Mods - any chance Maccy could be asked to get a new tune to sing? This is going around in meaningless circles.

Yes hetro men that abuse kids are paedophiles, I did not bring up paedophilia in this current discussion if you stop talking about it and smokingman admits his line of thought about it reducing life expectancy is faulty this discussion would be over.

I am not a straight man

Yes hetro men that abuse kids are paedophiles, I did not bring up paedophilia in this current discussion if you stop talking about it and smokingman admits his line of thought about it reducing life expectancy is faulty this discussion would be over.

I am not a straight man

You are consistently lying about what I said in a deceitful manner. I'll try and make this quite simple for you.

My point was that it is hate like yours that is reducing the life expectancy of lgbt people, especially when you constantly describe them as pedophiles.

Now retract those lies please.

Yes hetro men that abuse kids are paedophiles, I did not bring up paedophilia in this current discussion if you stop talking about it an smokingman admits his line of thought about it reducing life expectancy this discussion would be over.

I am not a straight man

Thing is, you have form and the evidence of this is right there in your post record so blaming smokingman really isn't going to cut the mustard.

Would you like to discuss why in a western democracy one set of citizens who happen to belong to a minority should be denied rights and privileges available to the majority?

Do you believe all citizens of a democratic Western European society should be treated equally under the law?

If not, can you provide a non-religiously based argument why one minority set of citizens should continue to have less legal rights in a Western European democracy which has legislation on it's Statute Books declaring that discrimination against that particular minority is illegal?

That is actually the topic of this thread. Would you like to take part in the discussion?

You are consistently lying about what I said in a deceitful manner. I'll try and make this quite simple for you.

My point was that it is hate like yours that is reducing the life expectancy of lgbt people, especially when you constantly describe them as pedophiles.

Now retract those lies please.

Where is your evidence of that fact it reduces life expectancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

The church run institutions issues with child abuse come down to people with absolute, unaccountable power and often dehumanisation of their victims who were often viewed as "illigitmate" or criminals where they were in industrial schools.

The organisations put protection of face ahead of protection of children and other vulnerable people. So predators continued to operate.

As for male predators in these institutions targeting male children that's most likely due to access. Nuns ran institutions that had girls and priests and Christian brothers ran institutions for males.

There was absolute and total segregation between males and females in those institutions.

You're talking about abuse of power and rape. That has nothing to do with sexuality it has usually got a lot more to do with power and control.

This is nothing whatsoever to do with normal heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or transgender people who are interested in having consensual sex with other adults and forming relationships on a completely normal, natural, positive basis.

Rapists are rapists and they come in all sexual orientations they're usually just power tripping psychopaths.

So please stop deliberately trying to conflate homosexuality and rape. Because that's exactly what you're doing and it's both disturbing, upsetting and quite frankly a dispicable thing to do.

Two men or two women marrying has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this. If anything it's the complete opposite to this!

What you're doing is exactly the same tactic as accusing the "outsider"of being a "witch" or "in league with rhe devil" in the medieval era. It's an old and rather disgusting tactic.

It's been used to justify the persecution of women, gay people and minority groups for millennia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Deceit with malicious intention is also against it. I'm just going to be really interested in your views is all ;)

Hmm...considering macyard started out stating they were in a polygamous relationship before sneering Iona-style about SJWs and leftists/liberals, you'd just wonder if they came here to troll.

Hmm...considering macyard started out stating they were in a polygamous relationship before sneering Iona-style about SJWs and leftists/liberals, you'd just wonder if they came here to troll.

I cannot be polygamous and not be a leftist liberal , I am libertarian was center left that has swang more right in the last few years.

I know plenty of gay people that are not leftist liberal sjw's also. I do like the dole the leftists give though

I cannot be polygamous and not be a leftist liberal , I am libertarian was center left that has swang more right in the last few years.

Yet the Libertarian Party is in favour of same sex marriage http://www.libertarianism.org/publications/essays/gay-rights-libertarian-approach

How far further right have you swanged exactly?

But, seriously, enough about you. Really. Enough.

Have you decided whether you are going to partake in the topic under discussion in this thread (which is not macyard btw) or not?

• Advertisement

Yet the Libertarian Party is in favour of same sex marriage http://www.libertarianism.org/publications/essays/gay-rights-libertarian-approach

How far further right have you swanged exactly?

But, seriously, enough about you. Really. Enough.

I pm'd bannasidhe to ask if he wanted me to answer this direct question or not but from the reply he does.

I since 07 when the main sjw pc click took over the femnazi's and radfems have pushed me pretty right(I was mostly in female circles). Like if this vote was in 07 I would have been voting yes straight away, I also don't like these people attack religion and free speech and although I am agnostic I will fight the removal of our culture and free speech.

I love that the liberals are fighting to remove christian religion and free speech against Islam and is incurriging Islam cause of diversity and minorities, I hope in years to come it comes to it's logical conclusion as Muslims will fight for their religion and culture and the pc crwod will bend over to the unprivileged minority they are. Then see how your gay culture is in shira controlled Ireland.

I only replied as it was a direct question and pm'd you to see if you actually wanted me to reply

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement