Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What's the deal in full Mac?

Lamela, Hernandez and Borthwith-Jackson will follow Laporte and Griezmann too Spain shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Porto would like to announce that they came way too close to following Moskva down a division and there for are going to try and be a little more careful in transfer dealings ... no idea who's available ... just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

With the greatest player EVER coming in at Lazio I need some reinforcements in other areas, CB and wing but I'm open to all areas of the pitch bar GK....

I'm looking to use my youth team and cash, for the right deals I'll give 4-5 youths including likes of Januzaj, Bardi, Cancelo, Rekik, Jedvaj, D Santos, Amavi and so on... everyone in the your team too...

So basically I'm using a combo of 4-5 quality young players to get in some highly rated ones anyone building for the future this is a great oppertunity!

Cancelo, Januzaj gone.....

I still have more than enough though to overpay for a good defender lads

Cancelo, Januzaj gone.....

I still have more than enough though to overpay for a good defender lads

damn, was just coming to talk to ya ... for those 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lamela, Hernandez and Borthwith-Jackson will follow Laporte and Griezmann too Spain shortly

This deal is obscene. I can't look it's horrible. Horrible.

MY EYES!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

baza Rakus wrote: »
    This deal is obscene. I can't look it's horrible. Horrible.

MY EYES!!!!!!

Which way!? Mac came out miles on top IMO

With the greatest player EVER coming in at Lazio I need some reinforcements in other areas, CB and wing but I'm open to all areas of the pitch bar GK....

I'm looking to use my youth team and cash, for the right deals I'll give 4-5 youths including likes of Januzaj, Bardi, Cancelo, Rekik, Jedvaj, D Santos, Amavi and so on... everyone in the your team too...

So basically I'm using a combo of 4-5 quality young players to get in some highly rated ones anyone building for the future this is a great oppertunity!

The squad rebuild is going very nicely at Lazio

In: God, Mertins, Maicon

Out: Griezmann, Laporte, Lamela, Hernandez, Brothwick, Januzaj, Cancelo, Advjaj, H Costa, S Oliviera, Rekik....

As ye can see, I'm CLEARLY overlaying for players with top youths tonight, I still have loads of youths I'm willing to use in deals.....

Hit me up lads, almost done now so be quick

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well the Benfica first team is getting torn to shreds. Will be in for a painful year next year, have to think of the long term gain though :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I'm willing to sell any youths and non Dutch/Danish players. I am however looking at offers for De Vrij.

Still surprised I've managed to stay up for a 2nd season, hopefully I'll be able to make some more progress during the off season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

TheGunns wrote: »
    I'm willing to sell any youths and non Dutch/Danish players. I am however looking at offers for De Vrij.

Still surprised I've managed to stay up for a 2nd season, hopefully I'll be able to make some more progress during the off season.

Not only did you stay up, you've every chance of qualifying for "Europe", and ahead of some big sides too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Everton into the smfa shield final with a 9-1 aggregate victory, up against Dortmund in the final.

And since my stones transfer seems to of kicked off the transfer season everyone at Everton is available, but will be looking for players aged under 27 in any deal.

Tupac, it means barkley is available for the right offer!!!!

Everton into the smfa shield final with a 9-1 aggregate victory, up against Dortmund in the final.

And since my stones transfer seems to of kicked off the transfer season everyone at Everton is available, but will be looking for players aged under 27 in any deal.

Bit bloody late now!!! I've sold everyone!!!!

I'll buy your three best players off you (for cash) but the deals must all go thru before Tuesday 12th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

f01.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I'll have to apologise to anyone who has bid or tried to bid on my youths. Atm i have a squad full of 87 and 88 rated players so i'm only planning to bring in higher rated players now. My better youth players aren't rated high enough yet to trade for the players i want so i'm hoping for them to get more established before considering letting them off. Hope this makes sense

Some people have bids offers in with me.

Bare with me, im negotiating some deals and depending on the outcome i will or wont be able to sell others

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Which way!? Mac came out miles on top IMO

It's obscene to be taking 5 players for one player. It doesn't matter that it's Messi - we all know that Messi is the best player in the real world, in Soccer Manager he's not even one of the best 5 strikers. If you play him in midfield he scores 11/12 goals a season. If you play him as the main striker he'll score in the 20s, in the 30s if you're lucky. Never will he get the 40/50 goals he's supposed to get in a season. So 5 players (even if it's Messi) is an obscenity. The selling manager is taking advantage.

ON the other side of the deal losing 5 players for one player is also obscene. Just mental.

It's a damning indictment of all that's wrong with this gameworld - it's all about the trading, never mind the games.

baza Rakus wrote:
    It's a damning indictment of all that's wrong with this gameworld - it's all about the trading, never mind the games.

Or....

You could view it as the Best part of the GW??? It depends on how you choose to play the game....

In my view, Messi replaces Griezmann... Hernandez I was selling anyway because of formation changes (I have a striker coming in for him) Martins in for Lamela..

Only real hit I took was Laporte, got an 89 in to replace him, not ideal but I'll more than take that hit for Messi

Looking at the deal straight up yeah I overpaid, look at the overall DEALS I did last few days and I'm more than happy how I came out the other end

You choose to look at JUST the Messi deal instead of the entire squad rebuild I did, that's the difference man, I plan for far more than JUST Messi

Or....

You could view it as the Best part of the GW??? It depends on how you choose to play the game....

In my view, Messi replaces Griezmann... Hernandez I was selling anyway because of formation changes (I have a striker coming in for him) Martins in for Lamela..

Only real hit I took was Laporte, got an 89 in to replace him, not ideal but I'll more than take that hit for Messi

Looking at the deal straight up yeah I overpaid, look at the overall DEALS I did last few days and I'm more than happy how I came out the other end

You choose to look at JUST the Messi deal instead of the entire squad rebuild I did, that's the difference man, I plan for far more than JUST Messi

I already know you tink trading is the best part of the game. Call me old fashioned but, while I enjoy buying players when a gw starts once that first week or two is over, it's all about the matches. What's the point in trading for trading's sake. It's Insania is what it is! Peter André understands me.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

I already know you tink trading is the best part of the game. Call me old fashioned but, while I enjoy buying players when a gw starts once that first week or two is over, it's all about the matches. What's the point in trading for trading's sake. It's Insania is what it is! Peter André understands me.

Some really good looking young teams down in division 2 and 3 .... seems to be a lot of turning up noses at older players in this GW. I have currently nobody interested in e.g. Michael Carrick. 92 rated .. will probably keep a 90+ rating for another few years which in this GW is 4 or 5 seasons .. can play at CB and CM.

It is a strange GW .. but I'm wondering if we will see a return to form of Barca and Bayern next season with the game engine tweaks seeming to favour the higher rated teams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Just checked for interest ... .

Atlético Madrid 92
    Bayern München 91
    Barcelona 91
    Real Madrid 91
    Manchester United 91
    Manchester City 91

don't think the game engine algorithm gives a shyte about the names or ages .. well, we'll see if there is any weight to this next season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd care about matches if I felt I had any control over them tbh. When you see teams get relegated with Messi and Ronaldo in it, you realise that matches seem too random to pay massive attention to, at least in my opinion.

Team building is the name of the game for me. I've had more joy following Sadio Mane from Salzburg to Southampton (to United? :P) after scouting him years back. I enjoy seeing Isco linked to big teams where he'll get to play. It's basically a big scouting simulator to me :pac:

=======

Anyway, I've been trying to bring in a goalkeeper for the past two days in a bid to free up Neuer, so people wouldn't need to offer GK replacements in any deals, but not to much avail. I'm not 100% tied to the idea that I need a GK replacement; if I can get two big names, I'll take them and work a replacement out then. Big names though. Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the game by a margin. I'm trying to do an overhaul, keeping Vidal, Savic, Kos, Isco and Mane as first teamers. Schweinsteger is available, as is Fellaini, Cuadrado, Nagatomo and Schurrle (though Schurrle has had some interest already, so he's probably tied up until I see what way things go).

People dont do deal --> there's complaints that managers arent active enough, infrequency of deals

People do deals --> there is complaints over the sanity of the deals, imbalance of the deals, the reason behind the deals, the frequency of the deals...

Cant win

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

For barkley I'd need a youngish fc or a youngish dc as part of the deal. Or a goalie....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Udinese still open for business but it's probably pointless making a straight offer for balde keita. Best bet would be to include him with another player of mine in a deal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Not really following the world of soccer much lately.
    Anyone know anything about Adrien Silva of Sporting?
    Had a few pm's about him lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

How soon after the final game of the season, this Thursday, are the playoffs? Will my players be tired after Thursdays match for the playoff semi final? If so, I'm tempted to play my 2nd team on Thursday to keep them fit.

And before anyone complains, I'm guaranteed 3rd place and i'm playing City who have guaranteed promotion and 2nd place so nobody will be affected by it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Colemania wrote: »
    How soon after the final game of the season, this Thursday, are the playoffs? Will my players be tired after Thursdays match for the playoff semi final? If so, I'm tempted to play my 2nd team on Thursday to keep them fit.

And before anyone complains, I'm guaranteed 3rd place and i'm playing City who have guaranteed promotion and 2nd place so nobody will be affected by it!

If they complain let em feck off, do what ya gotta do for you benefit!

Colemania wrote:

Learned the hard way.....

Don't mind what others say/think...... Your team bud

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Some really good looking young teams down in division 2 and 3 .... seems to be a lot of turning up noses at older players in this GW. I have currently nobody interested in e.g. Michael Carrick. 92 rated .. will probably keep a 90+ rating for another few years which in this GW is 4 or 5 seasons .. can play at CB and CM

Just on the point you've raised here.

I have pain stakenly built my young team into a first 11 with every player 89+ and a good few more rising up slowly to the first eleven and tbh it took a long time and was very frustrating.

I get lads offering me 30 year old 91s and that for some younger 89s and I know well will be making at least 90 within a year or so.

Why would I waste a top young player just to get a high rated older player who I would never be able to replace in future as that older 91 is only going one way.

When I took over Schalke there was a good team for that specific time but I knew if I was to have any chance of ever getting to D1 and stay there I had to become Del Boy and wheel and deal to bring in top youths and just wait on them to rise. I often swapped 89s from my first team and brought in say an 87 and 85 and had to suffer league wise and dropped down to D3 but I knew it would come good eventually.

Most lads just won't deal on here and a lot want your best players for nothing or else want a ridiculous deal to suit them and cripple you.

I was trying to offer Moreno Rodrigo a very good 89 that plays for Valencia and would ya believe lads wouldn't even swap for a good young 87/88 even when I offered to throw in Mastour or Odergaard plus a sweetener like Marcus Rashford of Man United.

Then you have all these clubs that will never be managed again with one or two good players wasting away there. If lads could pick them up they might be open to more deals as you would know your 99% sure to pick up a decent 89 eventually at a team that's left unmanaged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement