Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"An Idiot Abroad" (Season 2) - Sky1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

+1. i haven't laughed like that at a TV show in a long, long time. Brilliant wit.

When he found out he had to eat Toad... magic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

loved every minute of it.

specially how he described himself as a freak for eating monster munch lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

really funny - karl is a hero for me now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

it's not the great wall. it's the all right wall. The All Right Wall of China.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

I wasn't sure if I'd like it, as I didn't know what involvement Mr. Gervais was going to have in the episodes, as I found his constant high-pitched laughter so off putting in the preview episode - but really enjoyed it last night. Looking forward to India next week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bleh, only saw this thread now that show looks great

is it being repeated soon? I'll most likely have to record it as the chances of my stealing some tv time away from my flatmates is likely to be nil

can't find it in the usual places either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

is it being repeated soon?
    10PM tonight on Sky 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
    Already eclipses Dom Joly's Happy Hour, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm watching it on Sky Two now and I find it great.

Oh yeah and I loved - 'was that a massage? Or have I just been mugged?' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Seillejet wrote: »
    Karl's best line so far, Beijing, not worth having this in HD. Very ironic considering how much Sky pug HD.

Ya it's funny they left that in. He was on about it in the preview show as well. "China in HD. It's even greyer". But he did say the Amazon would be good because it's colourful.
    Daroxtar wrote: »
    "I thought this was where they made the iPhone...."

"iPhone? They should get toilet paper first." :D
    And the man walking down the road with his chair with a hole in it. "When he leaves the house in the morning, he has to think about if he's going to go for a crap or not"

I thought it was great from start to finish.
    "I'm worried that I'll get a liking for grilled toad & when I come home I won't be able to get it" all the way through to the bit about the water not being that deep.
    Can't wait for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I loved the podcasts and this show was brilliant!

Laughed my ass off watching it. Loved the constant state of confusion Karl was in and he'd some epic one liners.

Can't wait for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 NatWW

Episode 1: The "Alright" Wall of China

Well guys, what did ye think?

I thought it was hilarious, not the biggest fan of Ricky G myself so didn't quite know what to expect but that Karl Pilkington guy is simply hilarious.

I mean, is he for real or is he a comedian? Despite his being narrow-minded and all, Ricky G was right: he really is lovable.

It's like he's saying out loud everything that goes through his head, with no editing!

Best bits: KAR-L at the calligraphy place + eating the toad...

Looking forward to episode 2 I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

I thought it was great too. You should check out "Ricky Gervais Guide To" series of podcasts if you like Karl. He's not playing a character, that's really what he's like.

The frog bit was great, especially when he tried to pretend the womans' child was choking to divert attention from himself.

Kepti wrote: »
    I thought it was great too. You should check out "Ricky Gervais Guide To" series of podcasts if you like Karl. He's not playing a character, that's really what he's like.

Will do. I saw there was An Idiot Abroad book out. Wonder if it's any good. Might have a look at it.
    Kepti wrote: »
    The frog bit was great, especially when he tried to pretend the womans' child was choking to divert attention from himself.

I thought that was pure genius alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Not a big fan of Ricky Gervais, never heard the podcasts but happened upon this last night and it was hilarious. My fave line was the bit about the Great Wall, you can just walk around it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

The bit where he threw the needle and hit the cameraman was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've only watched China and I have to say it was bloody hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I've never heard of the guy before but the first episode was hilarious. I havn't laughed that much in an hour for a long time. Loved the bit where the Chinease woman was spoonfeeding him the toad. He kind of reminds me of an english Larry David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I loved the show. I think Karl is absolutely brilliant and the fact he isn't trying to be funny makes it all the better.

I picked up the DVD of the Ricky Gervais show last week and Karl is brilliant to listen to in them also. Although Gervais does kind of ruin it with his laughing and aggresive shouting at Karl. At least gervais does'nt seem to be on camera much on An Idiot Abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If the DVD boxset has all the deleted stuff, I'm buying it the day it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Scien wrote: »
    I laughed so hard at this, they should have left it in.

"It's like opening an airplane window!" :D

That deleted scene is enough for me to pre-order the Blu-ray (out mid November).

EDIT: If anyone is interested, Zavvi have the best price for the DVD and Blu-ray pre-orders:

DVD for €16.50 (including 99p delivery)
    Blu-ray for €20 (including 99p delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

basquille wrote: »
    Some of his comments and reactions tonight mirror how I am on holidays.. but I'm not nearly that unknowingly witty! :D

em, how would you know:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Can not STAND Ricky Gervais but I have to admit I thought An Idiot Abroad was one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long while.
    I will reserve judgement on the series until I see the next show this week.. in case it was just a fluke!

:)

clived2 wrote: »
    em, how would you know:pac:
    I've my girlfriend and friends to tell me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone know if this is repeated this week.

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is repeated this week.
    Doesn't appear to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's on Sky Anytime if you are a Sky+/HD user (red button while on EPG front page).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

Haven't laughed that hard in a long long time...that scene where he's looking over at the Chinese woman battering the toad, knowing that he's gonna be called over to eat...it was like a man waiting on the guillotine. Still chuckling away now thinking about some of the scenes...10/10 so far, Karl you are my hero!!

Advertisement