Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The DP World Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

Those young English players, Willett, Hatton and Fitzpatrick, are a breath of fresh air and great for the game in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

Great win for Marco. It is great to see a journeyman golfer taste major success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

lostatsea wrote: »
    Marco Dawson is looking good. He never won a PGA tour event - best finish was second. More interestingly he was involved in two incidents involving the disqualification of playing partners after incorrect drops. The players involved were Brandel Chamblee and Esteban Toledo. Toledo was so pissed he sacked the agent they both shared. Don't see too much talk with Dawson and his playing partners. I'm cheering for Dawson at the moment but he is painfully slow.

Monty seemed to be really pissed off, but that is Monty. Great to see Philip Walton on page 1 of the leaderboard. €48,705 for his week's work too.

It looks like they are actually managing to get the Madeira Open played without fog delays! Ruaidhri Magee and Kevin Phelan the only ones insided the projected cut line at the moment.

Another 69 from Kevin Phelan has him nicely in the mix.

Michael Hoey has won again today in the matchplay in Aberdeen. Meets Gregory Havret in round 3 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Hoey destroyed Havret 7&6 this morning to make it to the last 8 at the matchplay in Aberdeen.

Even if he loses the quarter he'll get €38,500, which takes him to over €233,000 for the season, which is right about the amount that was needed last year to keep your card.

So win the quarter and I'd say his card is safe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Michael hoey beaten in the quarters by Aphibarnrat

Semi final lineup

David Howell vs Robert Karlson
    Aphibarnrat vs Marc Warren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Rikand wrote: »
    Michael hoey beaten in the quarters by Aphibarnrat

Semi final lineup

David Howell vs Robert Karlson
    Aphibarnrat vs Marc Warren

Hoey had a complete collapse. Went from two up to nowhere on the back nine. Last few holes were ugly. We've all had such days I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Nice finish to the Warren-Hatton match, with Warren holing his approach shot for an eagle two and Hatton laughing and giving him a high five. Great to see such sportsmanship.

Important win for Warren. He needed to make the semis to get into the top 50 in the world rankings and gain a place in next week's WGC event.

• Advertisement

Kevin Phelan had been going so well in Madeira, but is +2 so far today thanks to a double on the 3rd hole.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Kevin Phelan had been going so well in Madeira, but is +2 so far today thanks to a double on the 3rd hole.

It's developed into a full scale meltdown, unfortunately. Now 6 over after 7 holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just looking at the top 10, can't say I know any of them.

What next for European tour!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Plenty of Irish interest this week's field in Denmark - Clarke, Hoey, McGrane, Phelan, Thornton and Lawrie all playing.

Nice 5 under opening round from Peter Lawrie. Tied 4th.

Nice 5 under opening round from Peter Lawrie. Tied 4th.

Great atmosphere there - huge crowds.

First Up wrote: »
    Great atmosphere there - huge crowds.

Very nice interview by some English journalist with Peter Lawrie on RTE radio this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Very nice interview by some English journalist with Peter Lawrie on RTE radio this evening.

Probably Nick Dye.

Nice to see Peter Lawrie in another strong position at the half way mark. Let's hope this is the week he breaks his pattern of moving backwards on Saturday.

There's a very large field playing for the weekend - 87 in total! Can't remember the last time I saw as many as 28 players tied on the cut mark.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Nice to see Peter Lawrie in another strong position at the half way mark. Let's hope this is the week he breaks his pattern of moving backwards on Saturday.

There's a very large field playing for the weekend - 87 in total! Can't remember the last time I saw as many as 28 players tied on the cut mark.

Tied sixth for Peter Lawrie. But Damian McGrane's miserable season continues.

Peter Lawrie holding his own today - -3 after 12 today and lying tied 3rd at -10.

Darren Clarke on a good burst too. -3 today after 17.

Tied sixth for Peter Lawrie. But Damian McGrane's miserable season continues.
    Great news for Peter, good chance to secure his card tomorrow.

Pity about Damien, looks like a trip to Q School :(

Peter Lawrie slipped back to -1 for the day. Needs a good day tomorrow to help his 2016 card prospects.

Great to see Darren Clarke back in the top 10

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Jeez I completely jinxed him, dropped 6 shots after that post to finish 3 under. pity.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Dropped shot at the last by Peter Lawrie to finish in a six way tie for 14th. Will pick up just over €20,000.

Unbelievable miss by Kjeldsen just now.

Anothergood day for Damian McGrane - tied 12th going into the weekend. Badly needed.

Michael Hoey going nicely - tied 7th.

Damian McGrane finished tied 8th and got about €20K - not enough to get his card unfortunately.

Just looked at field for this week's tournament - hardly recognise any of the names!

Just looked at field for this week's tournament - hardly recognise any of the names!

In theory, this should be a good opportunity for Lawrie, McGrane, Hoey and Phelan to pick up some much needed Race to Dubai points. A win would get them an exemption until the end of next season - not beyond the realms of possibility, looking at that field.

• Advertisement

In theory, this should be a good opportunity for Lawrie, McGrane, Hoey and Phelan to pick up some much needed Race to Dubai points. A win would get them an exemption until the end of next season - not beyond the realms of possibility, looking at that field.
    That's exactly what I am thinking.....and hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

In theory - but with weaker tournaments - a good performance as Mcgrane had last week - only gets you 20,000.

I think if you are not playing well - the field doesn't matter - you need to be able to get 4 rounds in the 60s , you could be at a weaker field event and it could be on a course that will not fit your game.

Surprised to see Phelan where he is - but that is more to do with with the fact he is Cat 17 an not 10.

The whole thing is a bit of a nightmare for the lads. Your on the edge of your job all the time.

Looking at what Mcgrane has earned 80,000 - not sure he is earning enough to cover all his expenses ?

In theory - but with weaker tournaments - a good performance as Mcgrane had last week - only gets you 20,000.

I think if you are not playing well - the field doesn't matter - you need to be able to get 4 rounds in the 60s , you could be at a weaker field event and it could be on a course that will not fit your game.

Surprised to see Phelan where he is - but that is more to do with with the fact he is Cat 17 an not 10.

The whole thing is a bit of a nightmare for the lads. Your on the edge of your job all the time.

Looking at what Mcgrane has earned 80,000 - not sure he is earning enough to cover all his expenses ?

Not if he is relying just on prize money but there are the sponsors also, who usually contribute to costs as well as some matching of prize money. It depends on his deals of course and for sure he isn't negotiating from a very strong position.

McGrane who would be considered a journey man pro has done well with over 5 million euro in winnings on the European tour. He was very unlucky not to win this event last year. He bogeyed the last while Horsey was chipping in for eagle on 17th. Bogeyed 18 then in the play off as well :(

Shame its a different course this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Just heard this today - http://www.headfortgolfclub.ie/blog/blog_detail.asp?postId=3205

Great to see it.

Haven t seen much on Mc namara lately

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Just heard this today - http://www.headfortgolfclub.ie/blog/blog_detail.asp?postId=3205

Great to see it.

Haven t seen much on Mc namara lately

Strange looking field this week, but a great chance for some guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I nearly fell asleep watching coverage of the Golf from Russia today. I say they're no more then 100 spectators around the course too, not that I was expecting thousands.

I nearly fell asleep watching coverage of the Golf from Russia today. I say they're no more then 100 spectators around the course too, not that I was expecting thousands.

I watched for a while in the afternoon and felt it was like watching paint dry.

Still too tough for some. Kevin Phelan is 4 shots off the cut and a Belgian lad is 38 over par through 33.

Looks easy from your armchair though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Same last year too. The lads could be out playing a casual round with a few people out walking their dogs on the course. :(

It's a close thing as to whether there's more players, caddies plus officials than spectators.

• Advertisement

Peter Lawrie bogied his final hole and looks likely to miss the cut by one shot. He just can't seem to catch a break.

First Up wrote: »
    Still too tough for some. Kevin Phelan is 4 shots off the cut and a Belgian lad is 38 over par through 33.

Looks easy from your armchair though.

That's some card for that Belgian - but got a birdie on the last to cheer him up.

Yes, easy for us to criticise with remote in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I will state though the course looks terrific and see players have lot of Positives on Greens, some saying best they have played on this season.

That's some card for that Belgian - but got a birdie on the last to cheer him up.

Yes, easy for us to criticise with remote in hand.

I think the attached story puts his score in context. http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2015/tournamentid=2015068/news/newsid=269523.html#35UmMuT3yUTX4ILS.97

Well that put me in my place. What an achievement! Great story, and thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Serious scoring at that KLM open. Paul Lawrie had the chance of a 59 with 2 holes to go, finished with a 61

Rikand wrote: »
    Serious scoring at that KLM open. Paul Lawrie had the chance of a 59 with 2 holes to go, finished with a 61

Preferred lies helping.

Tom Watson playing on the European tour?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tom Watson playing on the European tour?

Yeah sponsors invite.

• Advertisement

Worrying times for Damian McGrane - such a pity - he seems to have been a fixture on tour for ages.

Advertisement