Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Finally got it working today before and after

321657.png

321658.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hococop wrote: »
    quick question if anybody could help, it says Fibre Broadband Cabinet is expected to go Live on 24/09/14 for us, i am just wondering we are roughly 2km away from the cabinet are we too faw away to get any improvement on our broadband speed?

Most likely, unless you're getting less than 7Mb presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Check your number on the Eircom site, the check availibility. Enter your phone number and then see available expected speed

My cab is due to be live on 1st Oct, but the checker says I am live and gives estimated fibre speed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ED E wrote: »
    Most likely, unless you're getting less than 7Mb presently.

roughly 1.2 to 1.4 mb at the moment we are getting

Hococop wrote: »
    roughly 1.2 to 1.4 mb at the moment we are getting

Then if you're connected to that cab and dont bypass it, and your line could manage a 7Mb VDSL sync then yes you'll be able to upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

There is white reflective sticker picture here:
    copy.com/s/uaLmLKollUEE/white%20reflective%20sticker/DSC00039.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

jowkon wrote: »
    There is white reflective sticker picture here:
    copy.com/s/uaLmLKollUEE/white%20reflective%20sticker/DSC00039.JPG

Sooner the better this is in, really tired of this crap

speedtest12sept2014-21-15.JPG

Constantly get 6MB/s at 5am everyday but after 8am till about 1am its awful.

Kn is not here anymore (since last week). @Logic which cabinet/area do you live in?
    BTW We are currently connected to gory exchange for same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

For Eircom yes, not for Vodafone as Vodafone save costs by not paying for the engineer to install the modem. With Vodafone the engineer doesn't care if it locks on as long as the line test passes. He's not even supposed to touch the modem, that's up to the customer, supposed self install.

Fibre is not self install. The engineer is supposed to install the modem and check for sync. In this case he got sync but no internet which means he's done his job properly. The rest is out of his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Fibre is not self install. The engineer is supposed to install the modem and check for sync. In this case he got sync but no internet which means he's done his job properly. The rest is out of his hands.

Not true, the engineer is supposed to test the attainables and actual speeds with his meter from the socket. They are not allowed to touch the Vodafone modem, but most do as it's less hassle. If it locks on with his meter but not with the Vodafone modem he will take a picture of the meter to close the job down and get paid as the problem is not from the cab to the house and not his problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Not true, the engineer is supposed to test the attainables and actual speeds with his meter from the socket. They are not allowed to touch the Vodafone modem, but most do as it's less hassle. If it locks on with his meter but not with the Vodafone modem he will take a picture of the meter to close the job down and get paid as the problem is not from the cab to the house and not his problem.

That's shocking I'm glad I went with eircom.

Can't find it now of course :P but I had a copy of the technical handbook for fibre installation and it specifically mentioned and detailed modem installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Can't find it now of course :P but I had a copy of the technical handbook for fibre installation and it specifically mentioned and detailed modem installation.

For Eircom yes, not for Vodafone, Like I said Vodafone do not pay for the install of the modem. The engineer is supposed work from the Eircom NTU as he is not paid to touch the modem, the modem is sent out in the post to the customer. It's a crafty move by Vodafone as they know the engineer will most likely just plug it in, it's easier than trying to explain why he can't touch it.

For Eircom yes, not for Vodafone, Like I said Vodafone do not pay for the install of the modem. The engineer is supposed work from the Eircom NTU as he is not paid to touch the modem, the modem is sent out in the post to the customer. It's a crafty move by Vodafone as they know the engineer will most likely just plug it in, it's easier than trying to explain why he can't touch it.

I stand corrected. Twas an Eircom Wholesale publication so I assumed it covered all operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

jowkon wrote: »
    Kn is not here anymore (since last week). @Logic which cabinet/area do you live in?
    BTW We are currently connected to gory exchange for same reason.

I'm in beachside estate, CRT1_007. Are we connecting through the courtown exchange? Gorey exchange would be too far for us to be connected directly I presume?

I checked speed "availability" online -about 2 weeks ago. It said "good news fibre in your area September 14...."
    and another pointless info from eircom site which for me in other words with mine experience with eircom meant: "Call as now to make sure we won't screw up anything and you will get proper service!" ;) I did call for fun to check what this is for and number was to sales department and I heard that fibre in Octobre. Anyway woman said that we are connected to Gorey exchange now. I did make sure if its not courtown She said its Gorey, maybe for testing.
    Btw im in Riverchapel and speed goes down evenings and weekends, day tame is OK But for me Upload upgrade is most import and

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, but Fibre is due to go live next April in my area. The nearest cab planned is going to be at the exchange which is about 5km from me. I can only get 2MB max on DSL at the moment. Will I be too far for Fibre at 5KM?

Many Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

5km is too far unfortunately, start looking into fixed wireless broadband suppliers that might be in your area

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

BArra wrote: »
    5km is too far unfortunately, start looking into fixed wireless broadband suppliers that might be in your area

Ok, thanks BArra...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Hi all long time lurker of this thread but have a question that I but cant see if theres an answer, that could just be my issue though. Cabinet 3 in saggart has started with the ground work power and opening in place for the e-fibre cabinet. Does anyone have a rough timeline from initial ground work to cabinet in place? I know the times from cabinet in place to being live vary but coudn't see an answer from start to cabinet in place.

Thanks in advance,
    W

• Advertisement

There is no answer, and even if there was the RFO date is arbitrary. Just sit tight.

Thanks for the reply I thought that may be the case but I'm just glad that it's started as I didnt think it would be started until later on next year.

2 new cabinets were installed yesterday in our estate still a ways to go but progress at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Where do you get the information about when a cabinet is expected to go live? All I can find on Eircom's wholesale site is that the cabinet is under construction (as far as I can see it's actually done since I haven't seen anyone from Eircom near it in the last three weeks and they started on it back at the start of July).

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's been 6 months since the cabinet outside my building was installed, still no sign of it going live. How is there that much of a delay in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

I am hoping some one can help here. I'm 700m from an efibre cabinet. I checked the length on the irelandoffline map, which is very helpful if you want to have a look. It says our area is live on the eircom efibre map but the phone checker says it isn't. Is there a difference with live and available? It's been like that for a while now, a few months actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

I am hoping some one can help here. I'm 700m from an efibre cabinet. I checked the length on the irelandoffline map, which is very helpful if you want to have a look. It says our area is live on the eircom efibre map but the phone checker says it isn't. Is there a difference with live and available? It's been like that for a while now, a few months actually.

Yes, it can take a while before your line prequals

For eircom its huge difference. You may ask them here on forum and you will get "we don't know when" answer but in the long "smart" few sentences: "everything is great and its nobodies fault. contact as in a while we would like to pissed you off again".
    However i wish you Im wrong and you are in 40% of lackey ones an enabled/life cabinets in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Test if other phone numbers nearby (Business's near you )are coming up as available, if they are then its possible that you may be on a direct fed line - in other words expect long delays.

Give them a call they should be able to tell you that at the very least. ask them if you are on direct fed line to the exchange, as not everyone gets plugged into cabs even if they are very close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Advertisement