Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-12-2013, 23:41   #631
Missyelliot2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Fox View Post
Double thumbs up on Red Torch Ginger.
We were half an hour late (slap wrist), but the lovely front staff didn't make a fuss at all. The place was buzzing, queues trying to get in.
Dived straight into cocktails - they were very generous in size and pretty outstanding too, great value.
We ordered between us:
duck green curry - seriously delicious, light curry with chunks of vegetables and slices of roast duck that was so tender and crispy on the outside, and didn't leave a certain gamey after taste.
Fillet of beef stirfry which I can't exactly the name of it - mild but very very tender and packed with flavour.
Stirfry chicken in chilli and basil - beautiful, but maybe I should've gone for a seafood dish instead.
Prawn pad Thai - lovely, a tad sweet but very tasty.
Pavlova for dessert. Yum.
Thanks all....just bought a meal voucher for here-Christmas has officially begun!!!!

Last edited by The Hill Billy; 12-12-2013 at 13:05. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Advertisement
15-12-2013, 21:30   #632
Pang

Visited Zunis and Campagne in Kilkenny over the last month.

Both served fabulous food. I was impressed with both especially with the scallops in Zunis and their salted caramel cheesecake.

In terms of setting, I prefered Campagne as the tables were further apart and it was more private.
(2) thanks from:
18-12-2013, 20:20   #633
Pang

I was in Pichet last night. Fabulous starter and main course. Steak tartare was absolutely delicious as were the scallops. I felt the dessert wasn't as good as it was previously when I was there before. Cookies and cream with honeycomb semifreddo, chocolate mousse and honeycomb. The cream in the centre of the two cookies just didn't work for me. It needed a heavier consistency.

Been eating alot of rich food over the last two months so going to try go cold turkey for a while.
18-12-2013, 21:26   #634
kenco

Was in Pichets a few months back. Couldnt fault the food but the service was poor but saved by the good humour of the staff involved which for me was a positive. Its a good spot but dont go expecting silver service. Its a Bistro concept so somewhat to be expected.

Would definitely recommend them
09-02-2014, 02:00   #635
bobwilliams

this isn't city centre so I hope this is ok

Had a super 3 course meal in The Box Tree,Stepaside last night.
Early bird on a Saturday from 5-7.It was €25 for 2 course or €29 for 3.
I had smokies,followed by a lovely cod dish and probably the best berry crumble ever with a lovely crème anglaise and home made vanilla ice cream.

My wife had similar exept she had a lovely duck starter(that was a tad small tbh)
I would recommend it very much,the early bird I think is available all night mon-fri
All the food was very tasty and I will be back SOON
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Today, 20:02   #636
nails1

Abrekababra is digusting, a rip-off and provides terrible customer service

I went into Abrekadabra Drumcondra yesterday where I was greeted by an ignorant woman who seemed offended that I chose to get food from there. Ordered a burger which came with frozen bacon, chips were drowning in garlic sauce and were accompanied by a teaspoon of grated cheese. It took a lot of convincing to have the chips re-heated as well. Can of coke was just short €2 and the unsatisfying meal came to €13 in total. No rush back there especially with Burger King providing a triple whopper meal for €8.90.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion