Restaurant Guide - Page 43 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-12-2013, 23:41   #631
Missyelliot2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Fox View Post
Double thumbs up on Red Torch Ginger.
We were half an hour late (slap wrist), but the lovely front staff didn't make a fuss at all. The place was buzzing, queues trying to get in.
Dived straight into cocktails - they were very generous in size and pretty outstanding too, great value.
We ordered between us:
duck green curry - seriously delicious, light curry with chunks of vegetables and slices of roast duck that was so tender and crispy on the outside, and didn't leave a certain gamey after taste.
Fillet of beef stirfry which I can't exactly the name of it - mild but very very tender and packed with flavour.
Stirfry chicken in chilli and basil - beautiful, but maybe I should've gone for a seafood dish instead.
Prawn pad Thai - lovely, a tad sweet but very tasty.
Pavlova for dessert. Yum.
Thanks all....just bought a meal voucher for here-Christmas has officially begun!!!!

Last edited by The Hill Billy; 12-12-2013 at 13:05. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Advertisement
15-12-2013, 21:30   #632
Pang

Visited Zunis and Campagne in Kilkenny over the last month.

Both served fabulous food. I was impressed with both especially with the scallops in Zunis and their salted caramel cheesecake.

In terms of setting, I prefered Campagne as the tables were further apart and it was more private.
(2) thanks from:
18-12-2013, 20:20   #633
Pang

I was in Pichet last night. Fabulous starter and main course. Steak tartare was absolutely delicious as were the scallops. I felt the dessert wasn't as good as it was previously when I was there before. Cookies and cream with honeycomb semifreddo, chocolate mousse and honeycomb. The cream in the centre of the two cookies just didn't work for me. It needed a heavier consistency.

Been eating alot of rich food over the last two months so going to try go cold turkey for a while.
18-12-2013, 21:26   #634
kenco

Was in Pichets a few months back. Couldnt fault the food but the service was poor but saved by the good humour of the staff involved which for me was a positive. Its a good spot but dont go expecting silver service. Its a Bistro concept so somewhat to be expected.

Would definitely recommend them
09-02-2014, 02:00   #635
bobwilliams

this isn't city centre so I hope this is ok

Had a super 3 course meal in The Box Tree,Stepaside last night.
Early bird on a Saturday from 5-7.It was €25 for 2 course or €29 for 3.
I had smokies,followed by a lovely cod dish and probably the best berry crumble ever with a lovely crème anglaise and home made vanilla ice cream.

My wife had similar exept she had a lovely duck starter(that was a tad small tbh)
I would recommend it very much,the early bird I think is available all night mon-fri
All the food was very tasty and I will be back SOON
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-07-2014, 20:02   #636
nails1

Abrekababra is digusting, a rip-off and provides terrible customer service

I went into Abrekadabra Drumcondra yesterday where I was greeted by an ignorant woman who seemed offended that I chose to get food from there. Ordered a burger which came with frozen bacon, chips were drowning in garlic sauce and were accompanied by a teaspoon of grated cheese. It took a lot of convincing to have the chips re-heated as well. Can of coke was just short €2 and the unsatisfying meal came to €13 in total. No rush back there especially with Burger King providing a triple whopper meal for €8.90.
Thanks from:
20-08-2014, 21:39   #637
kowloon

Which place in North County Dublin or the nearer areas of Louth/Meath would people recommend? Have guests over on Friday.
20-08-2014, 21:45   #638
Slattsy

Send a message via MSN to Slattsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowloon View Post
Which place in North County Dublin or the nearer areas of Louth/Meath would people recommend? Have guests over on Friday.
The Snailbox. Great bit of grub whenever i've been.

http://www.snailbox.ie/
Thanks from:
20-08-2014, 22:16   #639
Dizzyblonde

Quote:
There are some good suggestions in this thread in the Dublin County North forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055224918

I'm sure the Louth and Meath forums will have similar threads too
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-08-2014, 22:40   #640
foodaholic

Quote:
The eastern seaboard in Drogheda is lovely
Thanks from:
21-08-2014, 10:43   #641
dudara
Category Moderator

Quote:
The Eastern Seaboard is my top choice always.
Thanks from:
21-08-2014, 13:34   #642
Irelandcool

Has anyone here ever enjoyed any restaurant in the mitchelstown area if not the hunters rest is a really great restaurant
01-09-2014, 17:24   #643
artvandelay48

a group of us, 6 in total, had the family style dinner at 777 in dublin on saturday. despite the 38e a head cost, it was good value, they brought out a HEAP of food and it was amazing
Thanks from:
01-09-2014, 17:30   #644
donkeyoaty0099

First time in here. Was at the rustic stone at the weekend for the missus' birthday. Lovely food and nice atmosphere. We shared wings to start, my god they were amazing. I then had the steak (as you do) which was fantastic with a side of pesto fries. Going to try to make them at home. She had a gourmet burger with polenta fries which she says was lovely. Desert, chocolate and pistachio cake with grapefruit and orange sorbet thing. Again very nice, hers was some Catalan custard dish which I wish I had gotten, it was the nicest dessert I've had in a while. 100 dollery-doos all in including tip. No wine as I was driving and she doesn't drink. Relatively pricey but extremely nice.
Thanks from:
06-09-2014, 21:23   #645
uberalex

Went to Duck BBQ this evening. It's on Fade St, around from the Asia Market (which I think is connected to it).

I liked the food, but my friend thought the duck was a bit greasy. It's definitely high-on-fat duck, not the really dry Peking-style. I thought the portions were very generous and overall I'd recommend it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion