Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-07-2013, 12:45   #586
paulboland

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzacalcio View Post
http://www.upc.ie/television/digitalmaxplus/

No ESPN just Setanta Ireland! I think this shows what to expect

Can this get me out of contract?
Espn will be part of the Setanta Pack

Setanta Sports 1 now called Premiere Sport
Espn
Bt sport 1
Bt sport 2

HD
Espn
Bt Sport 1
Bt Sport 2

Setanta Ireland separate still free no need to get Setanta Pack
Advertisement
31-07-2013, 12:47   #587
forzacalcio

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
Espn will be part of the Setanta Pack

Setanta Sports 1 now called Premiere Sport
Espn
Bt sport 1
Bt sport 2

HD
Espn
Bt Sport 1
Bt Sport 2

Setanta Ireland separate still free no need to get Setanta Pack
I know, what Im saying is ESPN being part of the Digital Max was a good pull for UPC, now its a premium service I dont see any pull sticking with UPC, its just channel loss after channel loss and lack of Sky SPorts F1 etc, This is the final straw for me
31-07-2013, 12:50   #588
McLoughlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack presley View Post
I heard that too but was thinking he meant it in the worldwide sense in that ESPNA across the world was shutting down.

It isn't listed on the new ESPN's schedule for tmw or Friday and both are off in the States for 2 weeks I think from next week but hopefully it'll appear (with clips!) after that. Probably wishful thinking on my part though.

At least we'll still have the podcasts.
I didn't know it was off the air in USA , I'll really miss ESPN America I was bed ridden and in and out of hospital for over a year between 2010/2011 and all I watched was ESPN America
31-07-2013, 12:54   #589
paulboland

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLoughlin View Post
I didn't know it was off the air in USA , I'll really miss ESPN America I was bed ridden and in and out of hospital for over a year between 2010/2011 and all I watched was ESPN America
Espn America is no longer available from 1st August
Notting UPC or Sky or Bt sport
can do about it its only allowed in USA from Friday
Espn Classic is shutting down worldwide from Friday
31-07-2013, 13:00   #590
jack presley

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLoughlin View Post
It usually takes a 2 week break in early August and I'm just presuming it'll be the same this year. I haven't looked at the listings though.
Advertisement
31-07-2013, 13:50   #591
MuddyDog

Still no announcement from UPC?
31-07-2013, 16:58   #592
lertsnim

I guess we can forget about an announcement today
31-07-2013, 17:07   #593
paulboland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lertsnim View Post
I guess we can forget about an announcement today
I say that be correct
I was talking to UPC yesterday about Horizon and while I was on the phone I asked about Bt Sport/Setanta and Espn
Was told there should be announcement made on Thursday/Friday
Asked what it was she told she don't know herself only to confirm Espn some channels closing
I expect there will be a press release tomorrow or by Friday
She agreed with me when I said UPC leaving this very late and lot of customers might not even be aware of this

We will know soon what that is we can only guess until we see in writing the press release or they put up a updated setanta package details on upc webpage
31-07-2013, 17:15   #594
Mr Cumulonimbus
Closed Account

Thread called "Setanta's Announcement" running over in the UPC forum. Deafening silence from the reps in there at the moment despite a number of posts requesting info. Not exactly good PR for UPC today so far........
Advertisement
31-07-2013, 17:29   #595
KellyPavlik

See below online chat with UPC Rep:

Welcome to UPC Live Chat Service. A representative will be with you shortly.

You are now connected with Kris

Kris: Welcome to UPC Webchat, home of Ireland’s 150Mb broadband and On Demand Tv. My name is Kris, how can I help?

XXXXX: Hi Kris, Just wondering if there is any news on the BT Sports add on and pricing.. No doubt you have been asked this a thousand times today., but in any case here is one more...

Kris: We have ben asked a thousand times this week! Unfortunately there is no update on pricing at the moment, but there will be an announcement tomorrow on the BT Sports channel and information on how to sign up and the pricing etc. I am sorry I would not be able to help today, but tomorrow will be the day we can confirm everything to our customers.

Kris: Is that ok?
31-07-2013, 17:31   #596
Infoanon

May mean nothing but ESPN is no longer listed as being available as part of the eg Max digital pack.

(as an aside ESPN America has listings for tomorrow on UPC TV guide when I checked earlier)

UPC are now saying that details on pricing and how to subcribe - not looking to good for a 'freeview' period - we live in hope !

As an aside, Virgin Media have not done a deal with BT Sport for carriage in the UK.

Last edited by Infoanon; 31-07-2013 at 19:23.
31-07-2013, 18:07   #597
paulboland

http://www.espnamerica.com/static.php
Thanks from:
31-07-2013, 19:28   #598
icdg

We may hear something tomorrow. The pure speculation now seems to be that Setanta Ireland may remain in the basic package with the others, including ESPN), forming the Setanta or (perhaps Premier Sports) package, at an additional price. But as I say pure speculation, nothing to back it up other than Setanta still being in the packages on the website whilst ESPN has been removed.

In the meantime, the only way we'll know if we still have ESPN tomorrow morning is to switch on and look. And its goodbye ESPN America and ESPN Classic from midnight tonight either way, for everyone across Europe.
31-07-2013, 19:44   #599
Infoanon

Last program on ESPN Classic is the 1966 World Cup Highlights at 11.45 tonight, last program on ESPN America is 30 for 30:The U (Documentary series celebrating ESPN's 30th year on air) - ESPN America ceases at 6am August 1st.
Thanks from:
31-07-2013, 19:52   #600
brick tamland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infoanon View Post
Last program on ESPN Classic is the 1966 World Cup Highlights at 11.45 tonight, last program on ESPN America is 30 for 30:The U (Documentary series celebrating ESPN's 30th year on air) - ESPN America ceases at 6am August 1st.
Have the DVR set gor the U. Meant to be excellent

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion