Drogheda Restaurant Reviews - Page 75 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-04-2012, 23:30   #1111
kk7
Closed Account

What do we have to do to convince businesses how important it is

Vote with your feet!!
Advertisement
07-04-2012, 20:56   #1112
gipi

Went to Relish in Southgate for the first time today. The place was packed (about 3pm) but I managed to get a table. I ordered the Bacon Butty (actually a sausage and bacon sandwich with red pepper relish on thick crusty bread), which was enormous and delicious! The bacon was several layers thick, and there were several sausages. The bread was a real "doorstep" cut, very fresh and the crust was really crunchy.

Their coffee was very tasty, if not quite as hot as I like it (I like to mull over my coffee not drink it quickly because it's getting cool!).

Service was prompt and friendly, I couldn't fault it.

The decor was interesting (looked like some of the pictures were for sale - I thought I saw prices on them), it's not typical of a shopping centre café at all. Background music wasn't intrusive (it wasn't a radio station either).

Enjoyed the experience, I'll be back!
07-04-2012, 22:25   #1113
Antibac

Was in Relish other day was impressed. Just had a coffee but service and atmosphere were great. However was in Bia today and had the Triple Decker sandwich. Was plenty on it but wad inedible with the amount of salt. Service wasn't great either seemed bait unusual for them!
10-04-2012, 14:49   #1114
Shoe Lover

Went to Sorrentos (again) on Saturday night. How much do I love that place? Anyway, himself got the special - a 12oz Rib Eye Steak. Have to say it was very impressive! It came with onions and mushrooms, Genoa chips. It was served with either a Pepper Sauce or a Tomato Sauce and the girl brought him both for no extra charge. The tomato sauce was amazing! First time that I've ever seen them doing a special like that before, fair play to them for trying something different! And it was very reasonable too, only 16.95 for the steak.
Thanks from:
27-04-2012, 08:16   #1115
sudzs

Had the misfortune to have eaten in the D Hotel last week. Was with a couple of friends and all the meals were pretty grim. The only part of any meal that was ok, was a piece of pork belly. but this came with a lump of stodgy mash and watery cabbage, both luke warm. The falafals were dire.... barely warm and in a cold untoasted pitta with a lot of bad salad. Really pricey for what we got, won't be going back.

Had a lovely meal in the Eastern Sea Board on a busy night but a week later had another meal that wasn't half as good with slow slow service even though the place was half empty.
Advertisement
27-04-2012, 11:34   #1116
Rossin

Bia, food was nice, good portion, the sort of place you go if youre too lazy to cook but still want a homely dinner
(2) thanks from:
27-04-2012, 23:03   #1117
_Godot_

Was in Harpers today, we only had a coffe and cappuchino, very nice. Will be going back on monday to try the food.
28-04-2012, 00:12   #1118
markc1184

Has King of Kings Chinese closed? Noticed last night it wasn't open and then tonight the same and the letters for the name of the shop have been taken down now too. I'll be gutted it it's closed down, my favourite Chinese in Drogheda.
28-04-2012, 14:00   #1119
Darksaga87

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc1184 View Post
Has King of Kings Chinese closed? Noticed last night it wasn't open and then tonight the same and the letters for the name of the shop have been taken down now too. I'll be gutted it it's closed down, my favourite Chinese in Drogheda.
Ill be very disappointed i never got to try it.
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 20:07   #1120
Kaylee

West29 - Wescourt Hotel

Husband and I had a meal in West29 last night, and we were very impressed.

The food was great - nice selection of starters with the Tapas and Antipasti board, lovely mains, we didn't try desert mind you - too full at that stage.

There was a nice lively crowd too, atmosphere and decor is lovely... but what made the evening were the staff. They were excellent - attentive, friendly and helpful but not OTT. Nice touch with the complimentary bread and soup taster also.

We only went there because we couldn't get a reservation at ESB !

King of Kings
I will also miss King of Kings - we got our weekly take-away from there every Friday. Suprised though - I thought it was really popular, maybe not during the week though?
28-04-2012, 22:15   #1121
Dingatron

Quote:
Has King of Kings Chinese closed?
Anyone know the story here? Only Chinese we really use.How's Woks these days as an alternative?
28-04-2012, 23:16   #1122
CMpunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingatron View Post
Anyone know the story here? Only Chinese we really use.How's Woks these days as an alternative?
A worthy competitor.
Thanks from:
29-04-2012, 19:48   #1123
Darksaga87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMpunked View Post
A worthy competitor.
true.
Thanks from:
29-04-2012, 23:31   #1124
coolhandluke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee View Post
Husband and I had a meal in West29 last night, and we were very impressed.

The food was great - nice selection of starters with the Tapas and Antipasti board, lovely mains, we didn't try desert mind you - too full at that stage.

There was a nice lively crowd too, atmosphere and decor is lovely... but what made the evening were the staff. They were excellent - attentive, friendly and helpful but not OTT. Nice touch with the complimentary bread and soup taster also.

We only went there because we couldn't get a reservation at ESB !
Have eaten there 3 times now and every time it has been top notch, service excellent and the food great. Nice variety in the menu

My only regret writing this is it will get far more difficult to get a table now as it is not the biggest place.

Oh and the rolo cheesecake is savage......
29-04-2012, 23:47   #1125
CMpunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
Have eaten there 3 times now and every time it has been top notch, service excellent and the food great. Nice variety in the menu

My only regret writing this is it will get far more difficult to get a table now as it is not the biggest place.

Oh and the rolo cheesecake is savage......
What time do they start serving on a weekday, or is the kitchen open all day for lunch etc like ESB?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion