Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run for your life.

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Congratulations, Vitruvian! Great report, I think that this is my favourite bit:
    "I told myself to forget about it, that it would ease. And it did. Only took 15k :)"

That's some improvement on the bike, well done. It's true about the seconds, I know only too well myself from last Sunday. But in my case, it was shaving off 27 seconds, not two of them. Two bloody seconds! Arghhh!!!!

Well done.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ronanmac wrote: »
    Congratulations, Vitruvian! Great report, I think that this is my favourite bit:
    "I told myself to forget about it, that it would ease. And it did. Only took 15k :)"

That's some improvement on the bike, well done. It's true about the seconds, I know only too well myself from last Sunday. But in my case, it was shaving off 27 seconds, not two of them. Two bloody seconds! Arghhh!!!!

Well done.
    Your time was truly epic. And I sympathise with the 27. Frustrating, isnt it? :p Now all I have to do is get that HOUR off as well, damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Oryx wrote: »
    Your time was truly epic. And I sympathise with the 27. Frustrating, isnt it? :p Now all I have to do is get that HOUR off as well, damn you!

It helps when you don't have to do the full swim ;)

ronanmac wrote: »
    It helps when you don't have to do the full swim ;)
    Ah, ok then. 50 mins so. ;)

Well, I think its almost time to park this log, it has done what it set out to do. I am no longer a slightly wobbly non swimming, stabiliser wheeled 30 something, but a 40-ish terribly slow swimmer, who can also keep a bike upright, most of the time. So it's time for a change.

With a bow to those of you who listened to my ramblings here, I will sign off, and reopen under new management in the near future with the next chapter: Oryx goes long. Which is not a comment on my sex life but the next stage of the journey, IRONMAN!

Onwards! to better, harder, faster things!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Oryx wrote: »
    Onwards! to better, harder, faster things!

ahem, what was that about not being about your sex life?!

Nice colourful report to close off Oryx and another entertaining read. I'm looking forward to your going long musings. I'll make a new years resolution to add a sprinkle of eloquence to my log in you honour, or indeed at the very least, awkward attempts at such :D

I think this place will be stuffed with IM logs come the freezing fog of winter training... :)

• Advertisement

The challenge begins here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Great report and great race - some bike improvement there. Well feckin done.

Looking forward to following your IM journey.

Advertisement