Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potentially cheap DTT/SAT HD Combo €129

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Saorview certified boxes and TVs likely a drip feed between 1st November 2010 and when ever in 2011 the Public Launch is.

1) Entirely new Boxes /TVs: Unlikely before March / May 2011
    2) Existing boxes / TVs with Saorview sticker added due to passing.
    3) Existing boxes / TVs with NEW firmware to get Saorview sticker added due to passing.

Nothing dramatic will happen overnight as the Public Launch date has not been decided.
    See http://www.techtir.ie/saortv "Speculation on Time Scale"

Not all USB interfaced drives are equally suitable for Live Media recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

Slegs, Thinking of going this route but 1 quick question, is the PVR external, i.e. can any hard drive be attached or is there an option for an inbuilt hard drive.

Finally, if the Irish DTT is being launched in Oct are you expecting specific boxes to be launched at the same time.

Thanks

To answer your other question, the disk must be external USB.
    Personally I'm using an old 2.5" disk powered over USB in a cheap caddy I got on eBay and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

what is the media playback capability of the edision box, i.e. AVI/divx files etc ?. If its not great at present, are there any plans to improve on this ?. Would be a great box if it could do this nicely as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

New software released for this yesterday. Version 1.2.86.

Loaded it up and don't see any changes. If anything, it seems a bit slower changing stations.

Still no sign of recording terrestrial while watching satellite and vice versa.

Note: Don't forget to backup before installing new software or you'll lose your channel lists.

Thanks for the update, just updated myself and can confirm that a new (English) splash screen is about as exciting as it gets. At least it works though unlike the last update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 silver70

i bought a Ferguson Ariva Combo some weeks ago, 170E. HD terrestrial and satellite plus pvr. Can watch satellite while recording terrestrial and vica versa, :confused:have 1tb hdd.
    am not knowledgeable enough to test properly, perhaps someone else could do that but it works no problems yet. only fault to comment on is that i find the sound on the low side.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

I don't suppose anyone has a backup channel list for this box?

Pretty please

Paul007 wrote: »

Pretty please

I can post mine if I get a chance but might not get to it until after the w/e.

Pretty please

PM me your email address and I'll send you my channels.

Cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

maybe someone can enlighten me. I have a humax foxsat hdr and a sky box, will I have to get a new box to view SAORVIEW. am thinking of giving sky the boot shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Hint ..
    Saorview = Digital TV via a Regular TV aerial from a mast on a hill. Not Satellite.

yes.. you need a Saorview or at least a Uk "freeview HD" (not "Freeview") box.

What's the most stable firmware for this box?

The box is running 1.0.83 but getting random reboots which is pretty annoying.

BTW, still waiting on a channel list :)

I emailed you a backup file with channel list on Friday. Was there something wrong with it:confused:

I emailed you a backup file with channel list on Friday. Was there something wrong with it:confused:

Sorry Paul didn't realise you had sent it as gmail had put your message straight in the spam folder.

Thanks again

What's the most stable firmware for this box?

The box is running 1.0.83 but getting random reboots which is pretty annoying.

Hate to have to tell you this but my first box was rebooting frequently, it was also very sensitive to movement and would reboot if I tilted it. I got a replacement which hasn't crashed once in 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Are any of ye using the UK Free-To-View card with the Agus Mini? It has Fiver, Channel 4 HD and a few other stations.

dixiefly wrote: »
    Are any of ye using the UK Free-To-View card with the Agus Mini? It has Fiver, Channel 4 HD and a few other stations.

I have the card but I haven't a clue how to get it to work:(.

OneWayBet wrote: »
    Hate to have to tell you this but my first box was rebooting frequently, it was also very sensitive to movement and would reboot if I tilted it. I got a replacement which hasn't crashed once in 3 months.

I updated the firmware and all seems to be fine so far - fingers crossed.

Which unofficial firmware do you need for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

I need help with the box guys, my 2year old daughter was playing with the remote and seems to have messed everything up, i had to re-tune all the stations again but none of them are displaying information of programmes on now and next. how do i fix this?? its really moreso annoying than anything else so i just need to fix it
    Cheers
    BDB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Which unofficial firmware do you need for this?

This one will do it

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=656896&postcount=20

The Argus 2in1 IP is an excellent box for the price but has anyone noticed "jaggies" at times? I can see them frequently during certain movement scenes. I haven't yet identified which types of scenes are vulnerable to this.

Great to see TV3 on the lineup so I can pause the footie :)

slegs wrote: »

There is SD and also HD software. Do I need to install both or will it just accept one?

Thanks

slegs wrote: »
    Dont think AVI but it does MP3. There is unofficial EMU software out since November and multiple releases (much like MVision Speedy). Havent tried Sky FTV cards yet as I havent activated my white card but will do at the weekend.

This box is the real deal. Has received very good reviews and good feedback on forums. Has the feel of a much more expensive receiver especiallty in the menus and quick scanning / channel changing. Has all the output ports and CAM/CI you could need. I have tried over 15 different combo box models and this is well up there.

I have an activated white card for a Sky Digibox but would like to activate it for the Argus Mini. Can you tell me how to go about this?

Thanks,

I have an activated white card for a Sky Digibox but would like to activate it for the Argus Mini. Can you tell me how to go about this?

Thanks,

Hey Dixiefly, if you find out can you let me know? I have one too and I haven't been able to get it working!

Thanks, Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭danny004

Tony
    I was thinking of buying an Argus Mini but with Saortv shop now closed do you think you might stock the Argus in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CircusIntro

danny004 wrote: »
    Tony
    I was thinking of buying an Argus Mini but with Saortv shop now closed do you think you might stock the Argus in the near future.

Not suprised saortv is closed the guy who ran it was a spanner , He cancelled my order because I complained it was taking him too long to deliver ,
    I told him then he would not last long and how right i was :D

Not suprised saortv is closed the guy who ran it was a spanner , He cancelled my order because I complained it was taking him too long to deliver ,
    I told him then he would not last long and how right i was :D

I had a few problems with an Edidion box I bought from him and I have to say his service was excellent replacing a faulty box no questions asked he sent a courier down to swap the faulty box with a new one. sorry to see him close up shop. to be fair if you look around the forums you will see a lot of positive feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CircusIntro

OneWayBet wrote: »
    I had a few problems with an Edidion box I bought from him and I have to say his service was excellent replacing a faulty box no questions asked he sent a courier down to swap the faulty box with a new one. sorry to see him close up shop. to be fair if you look around the forums you will see a lot of positive feedback.

Agreed but my experience was negative , It seems here you can only post positive feedback , When I posted what happened the posts were deleted and I was banned ,

I told guy based on my dealings with him he was doomed to fail , Again I have been proved correct , If he was making a profit he would have kept the site going at all costs , He has simply thrown in the towel

That is my last comment on the matter .

Advertisement