Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine launch Midband Ripwave Replacement - WiMAX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Into Everything

I emailed Imagine to see when their price plans would be available and I was told that it won't be available now until the end of next week.

Losing interest in this very fast.

Copy of emal received:

Hi and thanks for contacting Imagine - great to hear from you.

Rest assured we're reading your email and will be back to you shortly.

Just so you know, by the end of next week our products and pricing will go live on our website at http://www.imagine.ie/ so why not check it out? We think you'll be impressed.

Thanks for the mail,

The Imagine Wimax team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

How hard is it to decide on pricing :confused:

It seems that its very hard. I would have thought that they would have had a pricing structure in place before they had their launch. It seems that is not the case.

I have just received another email from Imagine.

Hi Justin

Thanks for you're mail. We've had a great response since the launch of WiMax.

Unfortunately i cannot give you any indication as to when the pricing will be released. At the moment we are working to make it the very best it can be.

I can assure you WiMax will not be a disappointment. WiMax is a 4G technology backed by some of the biggest names in the industry.

If you have any other question feel free to mail me again

Thanks again

Lynsey

I would love to know how they have had a great responce when they can't even release the pricing plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

We've had a great response since the launch of WiMax.

I'd love to know how they consider this launched? There's no information available on what it will be, what it will cost, where it'll be available, and no one seems capable of answering any of that.

I'm going to launch my passenger service to Mars next week. I can't tell you how much a ticket will cost, how long it will take to get there, or how fast we'll be traveling, but I can tell you that the technology involved will be "space ships".

Watch this space <pun intended>.

• Advertisement

You can put me down for one of those seats on your spaceship. Will it have broadband!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Am I missing something? the site has either changed backed to the old one or this is another attempt at a new one, looks like an older one though but I can't remember what the old one looked like hadn't been on it years and there's no mention of wimax at all now as far as I can see.

(Edit) Its back, and yet still no info apparently it'll be released soon:rolleyes:

Seriously what are they doing and by they I mean you as we know threads like these are being kept an eye on, why not do what other companies have done and have someone come on here and actually tell people some proper info and stop spewing one liners over and over again, by pushing PR and not actually backing it up with anything substantial you'll just turn people against you and even if the service turns out to be okay people will steer clear as a bad rep is a hell of a lot easier to get than to get rid of.
    Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf? its work similarly in this situation, if you keep claiming that this is so great and have nothing to back that up then when/IF the service is actually up and running properly people won't bother listening.

End rant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

jor el wrote: »
    I'd love to know how they consider this launched? There's no information available on what it will be, what it will cost, where it'll be available, and no one seems capable of answering any of that.

Launched and then shilled to bejaysus on boards by imagine staff and associates....and nothing after all that :mad: At this stage I think they did it because

1. Cowen was free on the day.
    2. They are trying to get some spectrum out of Comreg ( nothing is announced in the 3.6ghz band yet )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    2. They are trying to get some spectrum out of Comreg ( nothing is announced in the 3.6ghz band yet )

The intial 3.6 GHz stuff is through and a lot of the rural ISPs were underbid with prices, that aren't viable. It'll take comreg a while to post who got the licenses, but you can figure the rest out yourself.

/M

So the allocations are known to the bidders, thanks Marlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

So the allocations are known to the bidders, thanks Marlow.

The bidders that lost out know, what price they were outbid on. That's about as much information we got. But yes, from talking to the others, we've got a fair clue on who got allocations and who didn't.

If you mean, that the bidders know, what allocation they've been assigned, then yes, the letters of the result for the bidding round arrived a good while ago.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Kev. wrote: »

he mentioned a similar service rollout in Russia called YOTA.

With Yota, internet becomes part of your everyday life. Wherever you are, at home, in office, in a car, in a park, if you are within the coverage area, you always have access to internet. Check your e-mail, listen to the music, communicate on your social networks, watch online videos or download large files. You are free in your choice, and there is no traffic or time limit. Yota offers simple unlimited traffic plans – you pay a fixed amount and enjoy wireless internet with speeds up to 10 Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The Fool wrote: »
    Breeze operates at 3.5G but this is considered Broadband

Considered by whom? Yes, by themselves, but that goes for all mobile bb providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I have just received another email from Imagine.

Hi Justin

Thanks for you're mail.

Good God..

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Look if you live in a city and you have magnet/ntl/fiber into you house you're not going to be blown away, but for many people who live in Balygobackwords and can't even get a decent dial up service are more then happy

flodis79 wrote: »
    Considered by whom? Yes, by themselves, but that goes for all mobile bb providers.

Don't have it myself, but general opinion on boards seems to be ok. Not exactly same as "other mobile providers" as it's line of sight, and not 3g

flodis79 wrote: »

Breeze is a fixed wireless product, nothing to do with mobile BB :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The Fool wrote: »
    but for many people who live in Balygobackwords and can't even get a decent dial up service are more then happy

Happy with what? This will not be available outside of urban areas. People without broadband, or midband, will not benefit from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I though they were launching their price plans on Thursday ?

It's Friday now!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

thats 2 annouced deadlines they've missed, getting a bit farcical at this stage.

copacetic wrote: »
    thats 2 annouced deadlines they've missed, getting a bit farcical at this stage.

The crazy thing is they seem to already know their prices but won't release them judging from the 50% cheaper than what you'd pay with eircom line on the website.

So what are they waiting for? The other BB providers to react before they launch? They don't seem to know how to launch a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

All the expensive PR campaigns in the world won't help your credibility if you don't deliver!

I'd suggest they have a word with the 'Boy who Cried: Wolf!'

Solair wrote: »
    All the expensive PR campaigns in the world won't help your credibility if you don't deliver!

I'd suggest they have a word with the 'Boy who Cried: Wolf!'

Let's get a Lynch party together ;)

I for one am adopting a wait and see for a couple of months n Leave the Sales/Pr gimps spin there spoof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

I was dying to go with Imagine, but after this debacle i dont believe a word they say now. Im just going with someone else and i'll see if imagine have a product when my contract runs out. No point waiting for imagine if they produce rubbish PR like they are now. They might not even be available for years at this rate.

Heard quite a funny story about this, the plan was to recall about 1000 ripwave units and reissue them with wimax units , however they have run into problems.

Lots of these units are with Ho Chi Dwo and Jerzy Slutsky types who have passed them on to friends who have continued to pay the monthly charge . The 'real' customer is long gone and the contact info is out of date , that and many of them have no english anyway .

What was planned as an orderly swap of say 1000 ripwave units and to reuse or sell the ripwave units _somehow_ is now anything but !

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

Heard quite a funny story about this, the plan was to recall about 1000 ripwave units and reissue them with wimax units , however they have run into problems.

Lots of these units are with Ho Chi Dwo and Jerzy Slutsky types who have passed them on to friends who have continued to pay the monthly charge . The 'real' customer is long gone and the contact info is out of date , that and many of them have no english anyway .

What was planned as an orderly swap of say 1000 ripwave units and to reuse or sell the ripwave units _somehow_ is now anything but !

why would this be a problem...? so someone moved out and the new person is paying the bill with old person details.. . doesn't stop them upgrading the units. customer data is out of date , but thats nothing I haven't heard of before.

musicmonky wrote: »
    why would this be a problem...? so someone moved out and the new person is paying the bill with old person details.. . doesn't stop them upgrading the units. customer data is out of date , but thats nothing I haven't heard of before.

The problem is, that you can't easily get hold of who has the unit.

There is another another way of doing this and that is to just basically shut down the Ripwave service and to people that then call in, because it isn't working, ship a new unit.

The issue would be, that there is downtime, possible bad publicity and a chance of loosing the customers. Then again .. ripwave has plenty of bad publicity anyway :)

/M

a shutdown means they will not see lots of these ripwave units ever again and they do want them back

• Advertisement

a shutdown means they will not see lots of these ripwave units ever again and they do want them back

Correct. But that's the risk, when you're selling a mobile product, that any average joe can buy in the supermarket. The product is mobile, you don't know who has it and i'd say it's been paid for some time ago.

Personally, I'd just write'm off. But that's just me.

/M

Advertisement