Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Marathon 2011 Novices Mentored Thread

1535455565759»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Sounds like your mile 20 time was wrong - either that or it took about an hour to run your last 6.2 miles.
    Congrats on your time though, that's very good for your first marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »
    Sounds like your mile 20 time was wrong - either that or it took about an hour to run your last 6.2 miles.
    The 3:30 pacers would have had to be at 20 miles in under 2:40, (8 min/mile) so quite rightly would have been 2 minutes down the road at that point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Hey guys,

After a disappointing DCM im eyeing up my next marathon. Im thinking either rotterdam or Edinburgh? Am I mad to go straight into my second marathon?

Im thinking rotterdam might be a little too soon?

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

RayCun wrote: »

I did my last 6 miles in 58 mins...I clearly died, averaging 9.25 per mile. Overall, I averaged 8.23 which I am happy about.

The thing is what ever inspiration/motivation I had left was tied to the pacers. I even had a conversation with another runner at that point regarding their pace, as they were definitely out of sight!

The wall isn't called the wall for nothing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

i saw a spectator with a great sign
    "The Wall has a Door"

It brought a smile to my face & thankfully all the other runners had smashed the wall down by the time i got to it!!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Younganne wrote: »
    i saw a spectator with a great sign
    "The Wall has a Door"
    I must've missed that one - brilliant though!! Must remember for the next marathon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

finisklin wrote: »
    I did my last 6 miles in 58 mins...I clearly died, averaging 9.25 per mile. Overall, I averaged 8.23 which I am happy about.

The thing is what ever inspiration/motivation I had left was tied to the pacers. I even had a conversation with another runner at that point regarding their pace, as they were definitely out of sight!

The wall isn't called the wall for nothing.....

As I explained above, it is normal that the pacers were out of sight if you went through 20 miles in 1:41:3x, they had to be through 20 miles in 1:39:3x to be on schedule.

finisklin wrote: »

I ran between the 3 pacers all the way around and finished in 3.29.12
    I think they were running a little behind schedule at halfway (I went through in just over 1.45, and two were behind me) so maybe between them speeding up a little and you starting to slow down, they put a big gap into you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 suseoh

Hi all
    Hard to believe a week has passed sine big day!Had first run yesterday, a very slow 4 miles, enjoyed it but have to confess to being a bit stiff after.
    I plan on running 3 days a week for the winter, one 4 miler easy, a longer tempo run on a Wednesday or Thursday (7 or 8) and a longer run of 10-15 at the weekend.
    lots of races here in Cork but will aim for half - marathon in December, either Clonakilty or Waterford. Just wondering what other plans people have? Anyone taking a long break from running?

• Advertisement

Have you seen this thread?

Advertisement