Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

dibs101 wrote: »
    Said the locksmith....

I ain't no locksmith but could be a good business to get into.

I am absolutely sick of these scum a## fools robbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

House broken into in Deerpark Drive at 18:00 this evening. Three males, two tallish, slim, dark hair. Forced open gates and front door. Probably 30secs after door was opened the alarm went off as neighbours arrived home. Driver started beeping and the two left the house after making it into what seems to be one room upstairs. Reportedly nothing taken. Neighbours gave chase to two on foot and then all three by car. Guards arrived within minutes and took details. The keyhole wasn't touched but the four locking bolts that are all only on one side were forced open. There were three cars in the driveway, no one was home and no lights were on at the time. The car was a black hatch back about the size of a civic or golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭horse7

Terrible,so they broke through the hall door. Any idea was it pvc. Wooden etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Lad stabbed in Ladyswell at a bonfire earlier. Critical condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

January wrote: »
    Lad stabbed in Ladyswell at a bonfire earlier. Critical condition.

Was that what the garda chopper was after, I wonder? Was hovering about for ages earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Dublin Fire Brigade have been live tweeting their activities this evening. I see there were called to an incident in Clonsilla but had to withdraw due to "anti social behaviour".

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,281 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Dublin Fire Brigade have been live tweeting their activities this evening. I see there were called to an incident in Clonsilla but had to withdraw due to "anti social behaviour".

You'd wonder what sort of fcukwits attack fire crews when they're out doing their job. It's just a pity they can't use their hoses as water cannons on those morons.

Zaph wrote: »
    You'd wonder what sort of fcukwits attack fire crews when they're out doing their job. It's just a pity they can't use their hoses as water cannons on those morons.

Quite a lot of similar incidents all over the country. Halloween is a horrible time of year, brings out all the scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Quite a lot of similar incidents all over the country. Halloween is a horrible time of year, brings out all the scumbags.

Yeah maybe, but i'd expect no better in Ladyswell. They shall reap what they sow.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah maybe, but i'd expect no better in Ladyswell. They shall reap what they sow.

Ah come on. He was stabbed in front of a load of kids at a bonfire at 7.30pm in the evening. I don't know the lad personally but you don't stab someone in front of kids no matter how bad the area is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,281 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm sure there are many good people in Ladyswell, just as there will be complete scrotes in some "better" areas. So it's not really fair to tar everyone with the same brush, especially for something as bad as this.

January wrote: »
    Ah come on. He was stabbed in front of a load of kids at a bonfire at 7.30pm in the evening. I don't know the lad personally but you don't stab someone in front of kids no matter how bad the area is.

I was talking about the fire brigade attack. Where were the good people in the area trying to stop the attacks? They might need the emergency services themselves some day.

I was talking about the fire brigade attack. Where were the good people in the area trying to stop the attacks? They might need the emergency services themselves some day.

They were an ambulance down for nearly 2 hours last night, while they were receiving up to 80 calls an hour at some points. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. What's an ambulance doing to stop them behaving like savages anyway? The fire engines were only putting out fires that were a danger, the ambulances weren't even doing that.

Sorry, where were the reports that people from Ladyswell attacked the fire services last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrMaki

"In Clonsilla the fire crews experienced “anti-social behaviour” twice last night but no fire fighters were injured, the fire brigade said. "

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-fire-brigade-deals-with-700-calls-on-halloween-1.2413089

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?q=select+col2+from+1nJFohbuY7h6S58eMBSSGJi2X-PfEM5r6qxqwjYgo&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=53.3397765864927&lng=-6.207610351269523&t=1&z=11&l=col2&y=2&tmplt=2&hml=GEOCODABLE

I just hope that all these scumbags throwing stones and bottles into fire brigades and ambulances will find themselves in the situation one day where emergency services rushing to help them will get stuck somewhere because of some other idiots.

But unfortunately that would be too much luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I popped into the carpenter off-licence late night about 9, there must have been a couple of hundred teenagers hanging around at the entrance to the secondary school / pub and in the car park - apparently lighting and throwing fire works into a crowd is the in thing to do theses days. Guys in the offy said the guards on the way, but no sign of them when I was leaving. I'd say they had their hands full last night.

People who abuse the emergency services have to be especially socially underdeveloped though - people with this mentality generally lump the fire and ambulance service in with the guards - no distinction for them. They'd be the first ones to complain when their own house or car goes up in smoke or they're stuck at the side of the road injured. Karma would be a nice thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I live in ladyswell, don't you dare tar everyone here with that brush

eviltwin wrote: »
    I live in ladyswell, don't you dare tar everyone here with that brush

I don't, I live in Wellview but I found it very insulting too since my kids go to school in Ladyswell.

Yes, there's a few bad eggs, but there's no need to tar everyone with the same brush.

Nobody in Ladyswell attacked the emergency services last night, where you got that notion from I've no idea. Clonsilla is not Ladyswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

horse7 wrote: »
    Terrible,so they broke through the hall door. Any idea was it pvc. Wooden etc.

It was a fairly decent PVC door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Was woken this morning to the sound of smashing glass. Had old windows kinda behind our oil tank a bit and behind some plastic boxes. These were broken. They've been there almost 2 years never any slipping or anything I think someone came in over that wall and out over the other by getting over the bins. They might have been after the oil or have robbed someone else in the area. Our Dogs started barking in an "alarm" way. Briarwood Area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Noticed earlier that the broken glass had blood on it none of our dogs got into it so it must be the person who was at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

PucaMama wrote: »
    Noticed earlier that the broken glass had blood on it none of our dogs got into it so it must be the person who was at it!

Would the guards bother to check the blood to see if it was a repeat house burglar at work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Would the guards bother to check the blood to see if it was a repeat house burglar at work?
    My money would be on no

Probably not unless something else had happened that night considered more serious than a house burglary.

Probably wouldnt need a blood test to tell them who's operating in the area.

If it was a burglar, I do hope they get tetanus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

If you report that someone was out your back garden and they had smashed the glass which you have subsequently noticed blood on that was not there before they will 100% take the glass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

2 squad cars blocking the entrances outside Applegreen in Clonsilla this morning. Entrances taped off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrMaki

dickwod1 wrote: »

He was granted bail..

http://m.herald.ie/news/courts/teenager-arrested-by-operation-thor-gardai-granted-bail-34195765.html

This is even not funny any more.

Operation Thor should be targeted at judges cooperating with these culprits and letting them go free to commit more crimes.
    Maybe if few judges got locked others would start using their brains.

From the garda perspective this must be very depressing. They risk their lifes on the streets everytime they catch some scumbag, and then some so called judge decide that the poor thing with xxx previous convictions doesn't deserve to be isolated.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

MrMaki wrote: »
    From the garda perspective this must be very depressing.
    Although this is also a little depressing
    Judge McHugh said gardai had not made out a case for refusing bail.
    Perhaps they know from experience though that they are only wasting their time.

Advertisement