Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Hi guys just got one of these boxes 10 minutes ago lol When i go to the menu and then select a menu lets say "installation" so i click ok and it asks me to "input password" Any ideas, I tries 1234, 0000. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If its new then there should be no password so someone at some point has put one in there.

Doylers wrote: »
    Hi guys just got one of these boxes 10 minutes ago lol When i go to the menu and then select a menu lets say "installation" so i click ok and it asks me to "input password" Any ideas, I tries 1234, 0000. Thanks

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

HarryO wrote: »
    danIrl I have the same problem pvr list is empty when the external usb hd drive is powered off through power cut or otherwise although recordings are still on the usb drive they will not show up.
    The only way I can find to restore the recordings and pvr list is to connect the drive to your pc and copy all the contents to a folder, can take a while, then reformat the usb drive (fat 32) using swissknife or similar and copy the folder contents back to usb drive.

This may be the scenic route and there has to be an easier way.
    Would appreciate if any of you guys know fix for this
    Thanks

Use windows error checking

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HarryO

Great thanks rurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Djrio

Hi Guys,
    firstly may I say I have enjoyed reading these forums for the past weeks and they have been an amazing source and help setting up my free to air Sat so thank you all.

I have both a Ferguson Arriva 120 and 220 combo boxes setup, I am strongly considering buying the Cyfra+ Multipakiet + Canal+ HD Card. I was wondering if my Sky Sat Dish will be able to pick up the signals or would I need another Dish?

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

Hi
    yes you can use the same dish, you still need to point the dish to hotboard13

rabii wrote: »
    Hi
    yes you can use the same dish, you still need to point the dish to hotboard13

Thanks Rabii

when you say point, do you mean just select the Hotbird satellite and scan on that frequency or do i physically have to point the dish from the present location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Djrio wrote: »
    Thanks Rabii

when you say point, do you mean just select the Hotbird satellite and scan on that frequency or do i physically have to point the dish from the present location?

He means you would physically have to move the dish. But then you loose all on 28deg east.

Get yourself a 80 cm dish. Have a look atthis thread. You will need 2 lnbs, one focused on 13deg east and 2nd offset at 28deg east. :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055691977

ok, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Hi still having problems with BBC HD and Channel 4 HD. I do a scan they are not spotted on that, then if i enter the TP setup menu, all i get is a message saying "frequency exist" It sets the frequency back to 0 and i get nowhere.

Any ideas. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

deecom wrote: »
    Hi still having problems with BBC HD and Channel 4 HD. I do a scan they are not spotted on that, then if i enter the TP setup menu, all i get is a message saying "frequency exist" It sets the frequency back to 0 and i get nowhere.

Try doing a blind scan rather than a full scan when you search. Worked for me on my Ariva 120

willyb007 wrote: »
    Try doing a blind scan rather than a full scan when you search. Worked for me on my Ariva 120

How is a blind search done? Have read through the manual to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Make sure you change the dvb setting to dvbs2. I had the same problem you describe above and that was my issue.

Tweaky wrote: »
    Make sure you change the dvb setting to dvbs2. I had the same problem you describe above and that was my issue.

Yes i change the dvb to dvbs2. But when i enter the frequency it returns to 0 and tells me frequency exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

How is a blind search done? Have read through the manual to no avail

When doing a new scan rite from the start say, you have options to scan for FTA only, TV or Radio and to do a Full scan, Quick scan or a Blind Scan. Select Blind Scan along with your other preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sourpuss

Apart from the lipsync problem with the ariva 120 has anyone come across a problem when tuning in the Saorview channels,eg,either rte,jnr or rte one+1 does'nt come in or is it just my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

sourpuss wrote: »
    Apart from the lipsync problem with the ariva 120 has anyone come across a problem when tuning in the Saorview channels,eg,either rte,jnr or rte one+1 does'nt come in or is it just my box.

I noticed that the aerial input is a bit loose i.e. the piece in the middle (don't know the technical name sorry!). Anyway, I squeezed it togther a bit with a pliers and the signal is close to perfect now.

I think I read that another poster (possibly willyb007) had the same issue and also fixed it in the same manner.

Hope this helps resolve your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

sourpuss wrote: »

the channels can only be tuned in when they are broadcasting. RTE JR will tune in before 7PM and RTE +1 will tune in after 7PM. Confused the hell out of me for a while when I was trying to set them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sourpuss

Thanks to Tonio and Tweaky for your ideas earlier in the week,sorted,eg,tunes in only when on air and manual scan is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

Has anyone managed to get web radio working on the 200Combo? I've hooked up the ethernet to it, not sure where to go from here. ..

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

I trying to locate the latest update firmware that includes the channel list for the Ferguson Ariva 220 Combo. I searched for ages and can't find :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hustle

Hi,

I have been trying to use the pvr function on the Ariva 200. When i set the timer to record a few programs it comes on and off like its recording but when its finished and i go to play them, there is only the first title present and none of the rest.
    Has anybody had a similiar problem and how was it resolved.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Hi,

Just got the Ferguson Ariva T60. Its for my Dad, he pressed something and NO OSD PRESS OPT popped up and now the remote seems to be very unresponsive and the EPG will not work, any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Anthonyk2010

Just got the ariva 120, not set up yet im abit worried it after reading the about sync problems.

Any positive feed back?

Just got the ariva 120, not set up yet im abit worried it after reading the about sync problems.

Any positive feed back?

This was resolved some time ago with a firmware update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jphealy79

i am so soory for what will seem such a dumb question but i am going insane as i cannot get any satelite channels at all and yes it is connected to the box... ariel for saorview no problem so i know it is not the box in question here rather than could someone post me a tuning in satelite instruction guide for dummies style (just for the likes of bbc/itv/channel4)

any help at all will be greatly appreciated

Is your dish aligned ok ? If not this video might help, just fast forward past the dish assembly part

jphealy79 wrote: »
    i am so soory for what will seem such a dumb question but i am going insane as i cannot get any satelite channels at all and yes it is connected to the box... ariel for saorview no problem so i know it is not the box in question here rather than could someone post me a tuning in satelite instruction guide for dummies style (just for the likes of bbc/itv/channel4)

any help at all will be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jphealy79

Tony wrote: »
    Is your dish aligned ok ? If not this video might help, just fast forward past the dish assembly part

thanks for the swift reply tony but yes i think it is aligned ok as it's a sky dish with fully functioning channels in another room... i am picking up the astra2 satelite and eurobird1 but when i scan them no channels at all are showing up?

I'd try the box in the room you know is working ok to try and isolate what the problem is

jphealy79 wrote: »
    thanks for the swift reply tony but yes i think it is aligned ok as it's a sky dish with fully functioning channels in another room... i am picking up the astra2 satelite and eurobird1 but when i scan them no channels at all are showing up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Got one of these during the week
    All good except for rte 1 which has excellent picture but no sound?
    All other saorview channels are fine
    Any ideas?

Advertisement