Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Listed at €45 on the Smyths website, but doesn't seem to be a facility to pre-order it there.
    (That's the standard edition, not the warm-neck edition)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ah jesus a drum with a plug and play game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They could at least have re-wired the buttons to an external CP and hid the plug'n play inside somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭keanebg1

I am not able to post the URL link here as I don't have enough posts in boards yet?

Anyhow do a search on Deal Extreme for "Wired snes interface game controller". They have new SNES controllers for just €7.50 incl post to Ireland. I guess they are Chinese made copies. You can even change the colour to the US grey/purple style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

keanebg1 wrote: »
    I am not able to post the URL link here as I don't have enough posts in boards yet?

Anyhow do a search on Deal Extreme for "Wired snes interface game controller". They have new SNES controllers for just €7.50 incl post to Ireland. I guess they are Chinese made copies. You can even change the colour to the US grey/purple style.

They're cheaper on aliexpress,
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/987259938.html

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭keanebg1

€7.49 is for a pair not a single controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Should be able to get the real deal for about the same price. The Snes pads are really great for lasting the test of time too, any ones I've picked up over the years tend to still work great.

keanebg1 wrote: »
    €7.49 is for a pair not a single controller.

And two from Alixpress is 4.44, still cheaper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They seem to have their own Famicom/Nes flash carts too, with the attractive name of "Jack DIY Ram" and it includes an SD card slot.
    Looks like an Everdrive clone, the giveaway being the word "Everdrive" embossed along the base of the cart.
    It's selling at €65.44 a pop, not bad at all.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They seem to have their own Famicom/Nes flash carts too, with the attractive name of "Jack DIY Ram" and it includes an SD card slot.
    Looks like an Everdrive clone, the giveaway being the word "Everdrive" embossed along the base of the cart.

I got a super ufo 8 from them before, less the fifty delivered. Delivery took about two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I wouldn't be in a rush getting a Famicom/Nes Everdrive clone - if the original developer releases an update for more mappers he could I'm sure could easily blockout any clone carts so no updates for you...maybe...now if it was the Megadrive/Genesis/N64 or SNES cart then I wouldn't care too much

They have those too!

They have those too!

I wouldn't touch the everdrive clones, they're not far off the price of the real ones. As Kerbdog said, you will get zero help on the Everdrive forum if you have any problems.

Oh, I know, I already have all the Everdrives I want, if I need one I'll get the real deal.
    Don't want to buy an IP like and Everdrive that allows you to play stolen IP!

I put G'nG in my bag for you, nearly forgot all about it:o I have a spare CoolBoy400:pac:, yours for a fiver if you're in market for something to tide you over. Not a bad cart, famicom fitment too.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I put G'nG in my bag for you, nearly forgot all about it:o I have a spare CoolBoy400:pac:, yours for a fiver if you're in market for something to tide you over. Not a bad cart, famicom fitment too.

Sure bring her along
    The game is yours

Nice pinball over on adverts :)
    hopefully picking up a table I really want in the next 2/3 weeks

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/jurassic-park-pinball/6307880

Typical,
    Put this up for sale and it develops a fault!
    aaggghhhhh

Anyone interested in these?
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/cocktail-cabinets-for-sale/6309162

I'd be interested in one, but its a bit of a journey just for the one

meant to post that earlier.
    seller seems to be a bit of a tool!

• Advertisement

I've thrown in an offer, let's see what he says

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

People like that annoy me. "They're rare, but I'd rather smash them into kindling than take a lower offer". Surely money in your pocket is better than a load of broken up cabinets sitting in your back garden....

He seems more interested in selling his X-Factor worthy sob story than selling the cabinets.

People like that annoy me. "They're rare, but I'd rather smash them into kindling than take a lower offer". Surely money in your pocket is better than a load of broken up cabinets sitting in your back garden....

He seems more interested in selling his X-Factor worthy sob story than selling the cabinets.

Have a heart man, it's his dad!!
    Damn, I let him get to me!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I think there is more than 3 there, 4 or 5 it looks like to me. the legs are rusted, looks worse than the one i have, which is a pity cause i could do with a good pair of legs ;). glass looks in good condition though.

What are they?
    Can you tell from the cp?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeh thats a black and white Taito Space Invaders, going from that Control Panel anyways, cant see the cpo on the others but they all look the same. if the pcbs are there, they will be 3 layer non jamma boards. the monitors will be 13" black and white, more than likely with some savage space invaders screen burn too!

keithgeo wrote: »
    Yeh thats a black and white Taito Space Invaders, going from that Control Panel anyways, cant see the cpo on the others but they all look the same. if the pcbs are there, they will be 3 layer non jamma boards. the monitors will be 13" black and white, more than likely with some savage space invaders screen burn too!

Withdrawn from sale it seems now. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks! :) I only have one VMU believe it or not, always have to switch it between my lightgun (for red blood HOTD2!) and the arcade stick. Ordered two :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Noticed at the weekend that the RAGE is selling a copy of Probotector on the MD for just shy of 100 euro.

Makes the copy I got there for twenty five a year or two ago seem like a very nice bargain indeed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement