Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2015: Mentored Novices Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

You've got four minutes to knock it back ;) In bed and tucked in by 10:30....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

smiley70 wrote: »
    Only 5 more sleeps !!!

Ha ha hope you're doing good Smiley all set for the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Toulouse wrote: »
    Believe it!!

Just back from 2 awesome miles. Smiled the whole way through. Dublin has gone marathon crazy!

Just up from my house is a big Asics billboard, you know, the go run it one? Started laughing dementedly when I saw that this evening. Then there's a marathon route sign up outside the estate. Finally a got a big beep last night and tonight and a roar of c'mon the marathon both times (it may have been the same car :o )

I'm back to the can't wait phase of taper, this is gonna be epic :D

I'm so hyper :(

Someone sounds just a little excited !!! PJD we're going to have a job to keep this one calm at the start line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Someone sounds just a little excited !!! PJD we're going to have a job to keep this one calm at the start line :)

w00p!! :D Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Made the mistake of taking my RHR before sleep last night and freaked myself out!

What's everyone's plans for the Expo? I'm planning a quick in and out on Saturday morning sometime but if anyone's around for a coffee I'm all over that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

w00p!! :D Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Made the mistake of taking my RHR before sleep last night and freaked myself out!

What's everyone's plans for the Expo? I'm planning a quick in and out on Saturday morning sometime but if anyone's around for a coffee I'm all over that!

Probably Saturday morning for me too, around 11! I think we can drop the mandatory flapjacks for novices meetups this bank holiday weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I won't be down until Sunday, but if anyone in the 4:30 group is around the city centre in the evening and wants someone to do the 2 miles with, I'll be doing it around that area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

What's everyone's plans for the Expo?

I'll be going in Sunday morning I reckon.
    Have a 5 year old's birthday party in the house on Saturday - can't even have a beer after it (I usually need one!)

Singer wrote: »
    Probably Saturday morning for me too, around 11! I think we can drop the mandatory flapjacks for novices meetups this bank holiday weekend :)

Sweet, any more takers for 11ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

One of my colleagues just described his kids disco as "sugar and noise"... that will be us on monday! Just one big kids disco..... with 15000 adults. And running. And not so much dancing.... but definitely sugar and noise!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Hope to be there around that time but subject to getting a two and a half year old out the door on time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Get in, get yizzer numbers, and straight back out the door with ye for the expo.
    Seriously, its like Disneyland for runners and you could pass a couple of hours wandering around.

There's an honest to god chance you could leave your marathon in the RDS, it's not worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Me! :D

libelula wrote: »
    Get in, get yizzer numbers, and straight back out the door with ye for the expo.
    Seriously, its like Disneyland for runners and you could pass a couple of hours wandering around.

There's an honest to god chance you could leave your marathon in the RDS, it's not worth it :)

Just a coffee and a chat, I have no intention of even looking at anything that's not a number collection point or a pacer stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

smashiner wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the course is exactly the same as last year, as I don't remember running through Stoneybatter last year? It was changed a bit due to Luas works I believe......any insight DG or mentors?? Not really a big deal as it is early on in the race just curious.

The course is different in 2 places.

Firstly at the start it goes down Patrick Street, High Street and Ushers quay before turning right up Blackhall place through Stoneybatter - Manor and Aughrim Streets before entering the park (last year it was through the Coombe, Thomas Street, up the South quays and into the park at Chesterfield Gates. A little bit longer in the park this year.

Secondly the finish is straight from Merrion Road, Northumberland Road and Mount Street rather than the right turn down Shelbourne Road and left up Haddington Road before a right turn towards the finish. So once you pass Vincents Hospital its a 3k sprint to the finish. :)

Bring it back Northside I say!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

I'm really looking forward to the expo. Can't wait to see and buy some of the gear they have for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Singer wrote: »
    Me! :D

And me too! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

nop98 wrote: »
    And me too! :cool:

Take photos of you all and then some more in McGrattan's - the before and after effect!

I'm not going to be able to make it on Monday unfortunately and would love to see some pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Gonna be a quick in and out.. plan to be there for 10..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Gonna be a quick in and out.. plan to be there for 10..

I thought it started at 11..?

What's the best way to get out to the RDS from O'Connell St/Heuston?

• Advertisement

Nope - 10am-6pm
    http://www.dublinmarathonexpo.com/

chrislad wrote: »

LUAS from Heuston to Connolly
    DART from Connolly to Sandymount
    10 min walk to RDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

the 7 will get you from O'Connell St to the RDS, the 145 goes from Heuston but would be a walk from Donnybrook down to Ballsbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Luas Red line to Connolly and DART to Lansdowne Road probably (or a taxi).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Its only a 4 mile run from Heuston to the RDS :pac:

Its only a 4 mile run from Heuston to the RDS :pac:

*blank glare*

:D

Me too and I had checked the page this morning and could have swore I saw 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

frash wrote: »

Yeah i was sure it opened at 10 but the confirmation emails are different. One say opening at 11 and the other says opening at 10..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Hemerodrome

Downtime wrote: »
    Luas Red line to Connolly and DART to Lansdowne Road probably (or a taxi).

That section of the DART is not running this weekend. I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread, or anywhere else, but there are major alterations to rail services in north Dublin this weekend, plus some alterations to Intercity services, anyone depending on public transport for their race should check Iarnrod Eireann's website. Replacement buses are running, but that will affect schedules at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Following the chat about breakfast and what people will have, while (as DG said), I wouldn't try anything new, it was still interesting the other day to see this snippet about something different Sonia O'Sullivan has been eating before LSRs in her training for DCM..poached eggs! Will definitely experiment with this before the next one.

http://corkrunning.blogspot.com/2015/10/sonia-osullivan-to-run-dublin-marathon.html

Advertisement