Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Which Gk would you choose this week?

Cech away to LEI or McCarthy away to WAT.

Mahrez and Ighalo both in form. The GW cleanie odds might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

lougal88 wrote: »
    Which Gk would you choose this week?

Cech away to LEI or McCarthy away to WAT.

Mahrez and Ighalo both in form. The GW cleanie odds might help.

Has to be Cech IMO. I'm sure the odds will favour him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Kinda forgot about McCarthy seeing as my other keeper is Super Boaz! Myhill home to Everton or McCarthy away to Watford is obvious isn't it?

The question is whether its worth -4 to get Evans in too!?? Otherwise I'll have 3 away defenders in Souaré, Naughton, Kolarov.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

menoscemo wrote: »
    Darmian will probably start this week (Valencia started in the League cup) and United are home to Sunderland, so I'd keep him for one more week.

but when playing my wildcard I don't want to have any transfers I'll want to do one week later.

CSF wrote: »
    Has to be Cech IMO. I'm sure the odds will favour him too.

Cheers man!

Yeah I'd imagine so. The factors that were swaying me towards McCarthy were Watford's lack of goals apart from Ighalo. And the more obvious Mahrez factor.

Cech it is!

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Kinda forgot about McCarthy seeing as my other keeper is Super Boaz! Myhill home to Everton or McCarthy away to Watford is obvious isn't it?

The question is whether its worth -4 to get Evans in too!?? Otherwise I'll have 3 away defenders in Souaré, Naughton, Kolarov.

Who are your other 2 defs?
    Think Id stick with Souare. IMO Everton are just as likely to score as Watford. Barclay, Lukaku are in decent form and are in a lot of people's teams.

Also Souare looks like getting good attacking returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dónal wrote: »
    Any idea when Southampton's press conference will be?

It was yesterday, afaik.

Who are your other 2 defs?
    Think Id stick with Souare. IMO Everton are just as likely to score as Watford. Barclay, Lukaku are in decent form and are in a lot of people's teams.

Also Souare looks like getting good attacking returns.

Its more Naughton I'd not fancy for a CS tbh.

I have Gomez who wont play and Martin away to WHU. I'll probably do Gomez to Evans next week, if WBA had a better fixture this week I'd see that as a chance to make the move effectively for free if Evans seemed very likely to get 4 more than Naughton this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Dónal wrote: »
    Any idea when Southampton's press conference will be?

Is Cédric injured or was he just dropped v Man U ?

Its more Naughton I'd not fancy for a CS tbh.

I have Gomez who wont play and Martin away to WHU. I'll probably do Gomez to Evans next week, if WBA had a better fixture this week I'd see that as a chance to make the move effectively for free if Evans seemed very likely to get 4 more than Naughton this week.

I'm hoping that Gomez will play. Moreno played 120+ mins on Wednesday night afaik.
    Maybe go with the legend Russell Martin!!
    I like that logic though of getting the transfer essentially for free. It's making me thing about doing the Shaw-Evans move for the -4 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Rooney in for Costa this week.

Mr Robot wrote: »
    So what's the word on Benteke? Not gonna make it?

Rodgers on radio there confirming he's out indefinitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will more than likely move Silva on if he's confirmed out. Will either be for KdB, Hazard or Payet. Was hoping to avoid this conundrum and get rid of Gomez instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fuck sake Benteke! The week i take an early 8 point hit he goes and does this! I knew he was going to be a waste of 32 mil! 12 point hit FTW :pac::D

who to bring in though??? Wilson/Ighalo

...Ings:eek:???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fuck sake Benteke! The week i take an early 8 point hit he goes and does this! I knew he was going to be a waste of 32 mil! 12 point hit FTW :pac::D

who to bring in though??? Wilson/Ighalo

...Ings:eek:???
    I seen ings coming into a few teams
    Liverpool are not scoring goals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Will more than likely move Silva on if he's confirmed out. Will either be for KdB, Hazard or Payet. Was hoping to avoid this conundrum and get rid of Gomez instead.

Has he been confirmed out? For me, it'll be a toss up between KDB and Hazard. Newcastle away seems very inviting for Hazard, and KDB seems to be a very good player, will provide a lot of goals and assists this season imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Has he been confirmed out? For me, it'll be a toss up between KDB and Hazard. Newcastle away seems very inviting for Hazard, and KDB seems to be a very good player, will provide a lot of goals and assists this season imo.

Waiting on the City press conference for confirmation but leaning towards KdB alright. I'm a huge Silva fan but it looks like KdB will score more goals than him and that's a big attraction.

I'm hoping that Gomez will play. Moreno played 120+ mins on Wednesday night afaik.
    Maybe go with the legend Russell Martin!!
    I like that logic though of getting the transfer essentially for free. It's making me thing about doing the Shaw-Evans move for the -4 now.

People seem to have a rule about not taking hits for defenders, but ive always seen it as an opportunity to get a second free transfer if a defensive change i want to make anyway can be done for a hit in a week where the incoming player has a much better fixture than the guy you'd otherwise have to play. I agree you shouldn't take a hit for a defender for just that week, but if the timing is right for a longer term move i think it's ideal for a hit.

If you leave shaw who is the worst player you end up starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I have got in and captained Martial. My worry is games like tomorrow where it should be a comfortable win he will be rested.

People seem to have a rule about not taking hits for defenders, but ive always seen it as an opportunity to get a second free transfer if a defensive change i want to make anyway can be done for a hit in a week where the incoming player has a much better fixture than the guy you'd otherwise have to play. I agree you shouldn't take a hit for a defender for just that week, but if the timing is right for a longer term move i think it's ideal for a hit.

If you leave shaw who is the worst player you end up starting?

It's a great outlook and one that I hadn't really considered before.
    Only flaw for me personally is that I'm already on a -4 as I jumped on the Martial bandwagon at around 5.30pm on Sunday!

I have Kolarov-Gomez-Targett in starting lineup. Naughton to come in.
    But with Bertrand back and Gomez 50/50 it might be worth the -8 at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hazard or Pedro?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

km79 wrote: »
    I seen ings coming into a few teams
    Liverpool are not scoring goals

yes they are... 1 per game ha

It's a great outlook and one that I hadn't really considered before.
    Only flaw for me personally is that I'm already on a -4 as I jumped on the Martial bandwagon at around 5.30pm on Sunday!

I have Kolarov-Gomez-Targett in starting lineup. Naughton to come in.
    But with Bertrand back and Gomez 50/50 it might be worth the -8 at this stage.

Yeah in the case where you could only have 2 starters it could be a free move. Risk is Targett plays.

Problem with starting Gomez is the liklihood if the 10 min cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hazard or Pedro?

I've been on Hazard all along and believe he is a better option if money isn't the main motivation. However on wildcard now I'm tempted to roll the dice with Pedro for a few weeks and see how that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Tempted to take a -4 to bring in KDB for Walcott. I have a feeling if I do Theo will finally get a big score though..

Yeah in the case where you could only have 2 starters it could be a free move. Risk is Targett plays.

Problem with starting Gomez is the liklihood if the 10 min cameo.

Yeah but in my disarray defence the 10 min cameo might be as good as it gets I'm afraid.

IF Targett and Naughton play I'll be praying for a 0-0.
    I really don't want a -8 at this stage. Think I'll mull for another few hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Silva and Benteke out for a -4. Either to KdB/Martial or Sanchez/Ighalo

Anyone care to express a view?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Benimar wrote: »
    Silva and Benteke out for a -4. Either to KdB/Martial or Sanchez/Ighalo

Anyone care to express a view?

Did the same transfer to Martial and Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll likely do:

Ruddy -> Myhill

I'd like to keep big John but he's close to a drop and Pulisball is stronger than my Norwich ties. Bassong on my bench anyway and likely to play if Gomez doesn't.

Then a likely -4 to get Silva out. I can't have him not play 3 games in a row although Fletcher on the Monday night would add interest :pac:

KdB or Sanchez the likely beneficiaries if I do go -4. I've got Ayew, Hazard and Mahrez. I'll ponder on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

still debating on Marital for this weekend ?

Advertisement