Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Any progress?
    Or did a friendly, obliging, neighbouring bull/rig do the job on the repeat? :D

Need to eat my words, she calved a monster this morning. By herself :eek:

Congrats Rosie, you've had a weanling!
    CeC0RLVl.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Kovu wrote: »
    Need to eat my words, she calved a monster this morning. By herself :eek:

Congrats Rosie, you've had a weanling!
    CeC0RLVl.jpg?1

Cripes, he's some calf!

Cripes, he's some calf!

Not the nicest mammy though, had to use a fork to shunt her into the back of the other pen so I could drag him off the slats. Had even checked her late last night and decided she wasn't going to calve because her teats hadn't filled out :rolleyes:
    Fecking flighty cows, can never tell when they're acting off before calving.

Not the nicest mammy though, had to use a fork to shunt her into the back of the other pen so I could drag him off the slats. Had even checked her late last night and decided she wasn't going to calve because her teats hadn't filled out :rolleyes:
    Fecking flighty cows, can never tell when they're acting off before calving.

Have a few that are turning a bit wicked here too this year. Get worse as the years go on in my experience. I try to leave them to their own devices but not always possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,231 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

had a pure chance meeting with another f&f boardsie earlier, nice to meet ya genghis cant:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

whelan2 wrote: »
    had a pure chance meeting with another f&f boardsie earlier, nice to meet ya genghis cant:)

Did he make a move on ya?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

lemme guess Balmoral?

ganmo wrote: »
    lemme guess Balmoral?

50 quid says he was walking her land :D

Have a few that are turning a bit wicked here too this year. Get worse as the years go on in my experience. I try to leave them to their own devices but not always possible.

Would love to know what he weighs but have no way of doing so. Only found out last night she's a Navarin cow, never bothered looking her up on ICBF before. I doubt she'd fully go for me like a couple of others but I had to hunt her from the calf somehow and a fork seemed the best defense.
    To be fair to her she's never needed any help calving and she's had four bulls in a row now, I think after landing that yoke she does it best herself!

You'd want to be careful of that buck Whelan :P

Would love to know what he weighs but have no way of doing so. Only found out last night she's a Navarin cow, never bothered looking her up on ICBF before. I doubt she'd fully go for me like a couple of others but I had to hunt her from the calf somehow and a fork seemed the best defense.
    To be fair to her she's never needed any help calving and she's had four bulls in a row now, I think after landing that yoke she does it best herself!

You'd want to be careful of that buck Whelan :P

Bathroom weighing scales, lift the calf and stand up on it, then weigh yourself and subtract the difference. Easier said than done with an 80kg calf mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Waiting on a flight to knock for a stag weekend in westport... Things are about to get messy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Waiting on a flight to knock for a stag weekend in westport... Things are about to get messy

What is it an over fifty stag?
    Westport for a stag,carrick definitely Westport now sure let us know how ya got on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Cripes, he's some calf!

Yea, I bet that stung :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Hope it wasn't at 5 this morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,231 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

no, met him on road when i was checking the cattle!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A nice little surprise after the lunch earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    A nice little surprise after the lunch earlier

Oh good and evil lamb

Jaysus, there must be an overflow of women in the country, nearly all the personals in the IFJ are ladies/women seeking men this week.

And no I'm not looking, I'm doing the crossword :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Jaysus, there must be an overflow of women in the country, nearly all the personals in the IFJ are ladies/women seeking men this week.

So ya say!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

It's this damn referendum. All the men still in the closet are waiting for the results to come in. If it's a NO vote, they'll all be back advertising next week again. .......

Edit: That was a joke.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Some of those adds can give you a laugh..."man in late 60s, young at heart seeks lady 25-30 for fun on the farm"..

If I was single I'd be replying to those ad's constantly and go for the oldest /most acres and have a good few years out with her .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Bullocks wrote: »
    If I was single I'd be replying to those ad's constantly and go for the oldest /most acres and have a good few years out with her .

Sooner borrow money to by land to be honest

Bullocks wrote: »

I should do one for the craic....what'd I put as my description though? Feisty tattooed lady seeks gentleman for adventures around rushy Leitrim. Must like cats and arses on blondes, cattle that is. BYE (Bring your entitlements)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    It's this damn referendum. All the men still in the closet are waiting for the results to come in. If it's a NO vote, they'll all be back advertising next week again. .......

Edit: That was a joke.....

Joking aside they are getting very sensitive about it over on that other thread :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

The pleasure was all mine!
    tanko wrote: »
    Did he make a move on ya?:D

I'd generally do that at the 2nd meeting:D

Some of those adds can give you a laugh..."man in late 60s, young at heart seeks lady 25-30 for fun on the farm"..

The men lookin for men give me a bigger laugh. Sometimes you'd see a buck looking for a bearded heavyset farmer type in wellies...........

I can but dream:pac:

50 quid says he was walking her land :D

That'll be on the third meeting:D

(Though you're no fool, you know well that's how I meet a lot of people:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Did he have his stick in his hand

Be careful it was the real genghis, he is a big thick Offaly hoor and carries a crossbow

• Advertisement

Sooner borrow money to by land to be honest

Ah it would be win win for me . I like the mature ladies !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement