Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Grawns wrote: »
    Not according to the original deal - says €9 refunded in first bill Link

I thought I should be refunded €19

If you went through Groupon, you get €9 back in your first bill.
    If you went through Carphone Warehouse, you pay €10 in the shop and get that refunded in your first bill.

You can't order through both Groupon and CPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Soarer wrote: »
    If you went through Groupon, you get €9 back in your first bill.
    If you went through Carphone Warehouse, you pay €10 in the shop and get that refunded in your first bill.

You can't order through both Groupon and CPW.

They asked me for €10 booking deposit when i phoned on the groupon deal. Nothing to with carphone warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Just looking at my sky .. Someone mentioned that there was a free months sky movies in there .. Just says to call them .. Anyone get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

murphf wrote: »
    Just looking at my sky .. Someone mentioned that there was a free months sky movies in there .. Just says to call them .. Anyone get that?
    Just had a look there but havent got that offer. It's showing as €4.50 a month for me but that would be the usual half price figure seeing as I currently have half price sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got a text the day after installation about my bill. I received all paperwork later. I still can't work out it though.
    I got the groupon offer and opted for variety with sports and HD for €43.50 per month.
    I also had to pay a €10 deposit(0.75c fee using debit card) which would come off my bill.
    My bill is €35.25 and it's shows the credit of €19 plus it's says my payment date will be changed.
    I worked out it should be €25.25, I knew things would go haywire and I've no idea why the payment date has changed either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

CPW deal is still avilable but girl in shop said it would probably be ending soon. had rang sky and tried to get them to match the deal but they refused about two weeks ago so got herself to sign up yesterday for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Any one on the 33euro CPW deal add movies to the package after ? was thinking of getting them for december , but seen on mysky it will cost 28 euro or something is this right ?

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Any one on the 33euro CPW deal add movies to the package after ? was thinking of getting them for december , but seen on mysky it will cost 28 euro or something is this right ?

Would be interested in this too.. Someone on here said they had a free month when they went into 'my sky' but mine just says 'call us for latest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

generally sky's system removes existing offer (current cpw half price) while adding a new offer (free movies). so please check with a customer care when you do this. just a caution note.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Was told end of the month on Sunday in car phone warehouse Patrick St Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Im just after coming out of Carphone Warehouse in Limerick and this is what they gave me. Its valid until the end of November.

Variety + Movies =32 a month
    Variety + Sports = 36 a month
    Variety + Movies and Sports €40.50 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    If you're paying €33 a month then I assume you have the variety pack, HD and half price sports. Anyone signing up in the normal fashion with Sky will pay €36 a month extra for the sports pack and to add movies then costs €9 a month. The €28 charge for movies is when you get that pack on it's own without the sports but when you take both there is a substantial discount.

Anyone, like myself for example, who has a discounted rate of 50% on the sports sub can then add the movies for €4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

muffler wrote: »
    If you're paying €33 a month then I assume you have the variety pack, HD and half price sports. Anyone signing up in the normal fashion with Sky will pay €36 a month extra for the sports pack and to add movies then costs €9 a month. The €28 charge for movies is when you get that pack on it's own without the sports but when you take both there is a substantial discount.

Anyone, like myself for example, who has a discounted rate of 50% on the sports sub can then add the movies for €4.50.

I am on the half price Variety plus Sports plus HD at €33 per month and I originally signed up I was told by sky rep over the phone that I could not add movies at a later date for half price and that I could only add the movies for half price from the start.

I said no to the movies but I too would have liked them for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

anyone thats on the €33 a month variety+HD+sports package have a link or image of the deal? I signed up to the €33 a month deal but have been charged €51 by sky and as usual theyre unhelpful on the phone. any help much appreciated
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭bren2001

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    anyone thats on the €33 a month variety+HD+sports package have a link or image of the deal? I signed up to the €33 a month deal but have been charged €51 by sky and as usual theyre unhelpful on the phone. any help much appreciated
    cheers

There is a search function on the thread.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92168776&postcount=135

Lads I had that letter this week that said my package was going to go up by 2 euros a month in feb! Surely they can't do that if we bought into a deal at a set price?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Lads I had that letter this week that said my package was going to go up by 2 euros a month in feb! Surely they can't do that if we bought into a deal at a set price?!
    You'll be allowed cancel your contract if you want due to a change in the terms I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

You'll be allowed cancel your contract if you want due to a change in the terms I believe

check carefully as i believe they may have a clause in the contract for price increases

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

what is the usual cancellation done by phone email and a months notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No, not in this case. Sky's T & Cs say they can increase the price once in the first 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

No, not in this case. Sky's T & Cs say they can increase the price once in the first 12 months.
    Surely have to be protected some way though in that they couldn't for example put it up 20 quid and have you caught under contract

Surely have to be protected some way though in that they couldn't for example put it up 20 quid and have you caught under contract

In the first 12 months they reserve the right to raise prices up to a max of 10%. If there's any increases after the first 12 months, you can walk after giving the appropriate notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

In the first 12 months they reserve the right to raise prices up to a max of 10%. If there's any increases after the first 12 months, you can walk after giving the appropriate notice.

So technically they can offer you 50% off and put it up 80% within the first year. A bit of an exaggerated example I know, but that "out clause" on the price would put me off any Sky deal.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    So technically they can offer you 50% off and put it up 80% within the first year. A bit of an exaggerated example I know, but that "out clause" on the price would put me off any Sky deal.

There's no "out clause" in the first 12 months. That is the minimum term.Sky can screw you, but you can't screw Sky.

Is it only people that signed up through CPW are paying this increase, or are all subscribers paying?

Soarer wrote: »
    Is it only people that signed up through CPW are paying this increase, or are all subscribers paying?

I think its for everyone in Ireland.There's a big thread about the increase on the Talk to.....Sky forum.

I think its for everyone in Ireland.There's a big thread about the increase on the Talk to.....Sky forum.

Could you post the link to this forum please I can't find it!

Could you post the link to this forum please I can't find it!

Here dude.

Robbing barstewards' thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Yep, I got the letter.....and I've been just a regular subscriber for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

@Soarer did the Sky rep ever answer your query on that thread? I don't see a response.

Advertisement