Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭SteM

Wicklow is a bit closer to Dublin though... I don't know many people commuting from Limerick to Dublin on a daily basis! Still I'll pop into liffey valley today and check it out, if they can they can, if they can't they can't!

Anybody know what documents they need? Proof of address might be tricky as we only moved in last weekend!

Doesn’t matter - the shop don't do the install or have anything to do with the install. All the shop do is call Sky for you, hand you the phone and you arrange all of the installation details directly with Sky.

Don't know what commuting anywhere has to do with anything, you brought that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

You don't need to call into a CPW store.
    Just ring sky direct and say you seen the offer while out shopping yesterday and do you have to go back to the shop to sign up or will sky do it for you there and then.
    Thats what I did and they signed me up pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Heads up! When phoning their rotten 0818 number, tell them you're short of credit or something and they will ring you back. Not mentioned on their website but a rep told me it was unofficial policy as I ranted about their so called lo call number when activating the groupon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

SteM wrote: »

Don't know what commuting anywhere has to do with anything, you brought that up.

Signing up for sky in a Dublin store for a Wicklow house would be a bit more common than a Limerick one as people tend to commute from Wicklow to Dublin, that was the point I was making!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭SteM

Signing up for sky in a Dublin store for a Wicklow house would be a bit more common than a Limerick one as people tend to commute from Wicklow to Dublin, that was the point I was making!

As the shop has nothing to do with the install is a moot point.

• Advertisement

Figured as much, I was only making sure, thank you for the help guys!

Figured as much, I was only making sure, thank you for the help guys!

You pair have taken over 40 seconds of my life and I want them BACK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Is the carphone warehouse deal extended until the 12th? And do u need to ask for anything in particular when u go in or is it properly advertised in the shops? Sorry if these questions have been answered before

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Is the carphone warehouse deal extended until the 12th? And do u need to ask for anything in particular when u go in or is it properly advertised in the shops? Sorry if these questions have been answered before

Got it earlier today so it must be running for a while longer at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭bren2001

Got it this morning in Clerys CPW. Girl in the shop didn't know much about it, sky were not great help on the phone. Only got it when I showed her the sheet attached earlier in the thread. She had no idea when it was over.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    Got it this morning in Clerys CPW. Girl in the shop didn't know much about it, sky were not great help on the phone. Only got it when I showed her the sheet attached earlier in the thread. She had no idea when it was over.

The young lady in CPW was also slightly confused when I went in, I simply asked her "what's the best deal on sky you can give me?" And she pulled out the leaflet attached to this post, she didn't realise hd was part of the deal until the guy on the phone at sky said it to her

Also be prepared to be on hold to sky for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just wanted to post my thanks to the poster who shared the CPW deal. GOt it 2 weeks ago and was installed last monday. Aside from the billing issue, where they chanced their arm in billing the full amount, everything ran smoothly and the deal is an unbelievable price.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bdeal

The guys in CPW don't seem to know much about this offer. I called Drogheda who said it was over today and the Navan store said it is on til the end of this month. I availed of it a few days ago and the staff are clueless to the offer. I mentioned it about the first bill while talking to Sky and she said it is a glitch in their system and if I get billed incorrectly for the first month simply call and they will amend it.

Got mine installed this morning. Lads did a great job, in and out of the house in 35 minutes.
    Got a text around tea time from sky saying my 1st bill would be taken after 25/10 and would be €51.
    Got them to ring me using the golden pages trick and the operator siad she could see that there was an error and would put in a resolution form for me and it should be sorted within 2 working days. If I ring back wednesday I can check to make sure its corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

You can view your account and billing online and on phone/tablet app "mysky"

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

bdeal wrote: »
    The guys in CPW don't seem to know much about this offer. I called Drogheda who said it was over today and the Navan store said it is on til the end of this month. I availed of it a few days ago and the staff are clueless to the offer. I mentioned it about the first bill while talking to Sky and she said it is a glitch in their system and if I get billed incorrectly for the first month simply call and they will amend it.

Walked in to Castlebar cpw, and signed up no problem.

Offer ends this evening i was told

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

so no more sky half price deals left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Just wanted to post my thanks to the poster who shared the CPW deal. GOt it 2 weeks ago and was installed last monday. Aside from the billing issue, where they chanced their arm in billing the full amount, everything ran smoothly and the deal is an unbelievable price.

W

Nobody was chancing their arm, its a simple technical error

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Nobody was chancing their arm, its a simple technical error
    Technical error it may have been but they weren't exactly cooperative when it came to correcting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cavanman..

What is the golden pages trick please?

Berberis wrote: »
    Got mine installed this morning. Lads did a great job, in and out of the house in 35 minutes.
    Got a text around tea time from sky saying my 1st bill would be taken after 25/10 and would be €51.
    Got them to ring me using the golden pages trick and the operator siad she could see that there was an error and would put in a resolution form for me and it should be sorted within 2 working days. If I ring back wednesday I can check to make sure its corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

cavanman.. wrote: »

Yes, I'm also curious!

cavanman.. wrote: »

Go to this golden pages link.
    You will be brought to the golden pages info on sky.
    There are then entries for
    Sky nationwide
    Sky property management ltd
    sky conway etc

Then hover the cursor over the blue sky and "More Info" beside the Sky Nationwide picture and then on the right hand side of the page an option for you to request them to call you appears and you just enter your phone number and they ring you back within seconds. You still have to go through the old rigmarole of pressing 1 for this and 2 for that etc, but at least its free:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Berberis wrote: »
    Go to this golden pages link.
    You will be brought to the golden pages info on sky.
    There are then entries for
    Sky nationwide
    Sky property management ltd
    sky conway etc

Then hover the cursor over the blue sky and "More Info" beside the Sky Nationwide picture and then on the right hand side of the page an option for you to request them to call you appears and you just enter your phone number and they ring you back within seconds. You still have to go through the old rigmarole of pressing 1 for this and 2 for that etc, but at least its free:)

Good to know.

Quoting in case your post is removed for any reason. ;)

Soarer wrote: »
    Good to know.

Quoting in case your post is removed for any reason. ;)

Yep its a handy one.
    Someone else posted it up recently, Can't remember where though.
    Might have been on the satelite forum. I have been on so many sites recently, its hard to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Cheers for the phone link guys, its quick! My bill came in as €76.60! Even with two months should have been for €50 (multiroom 15 and variety 15 less 10 deposit paid) but the girl has credited my account - actually why is it two months to begin?

my bill has come in at €38 which includes the €10 deposit but no sign of the €9 groupon credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Grawns wrote: »
    my bill has come in at €38 which includes the €10 deposit but no sign of the €9 groupon credit?

It's one or the other AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

murphf wrote: »
    Cheers for the phone link guys, its quick! My bill came in as €76.60! Even with two months should have been for €50 (multiroom 15 and variety 15 less 10 deposit paid) but the girl has credited my account - actually why is it two months to begin?

The current month is pro rata & a full bill for November. You pay in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

before I was disconnected end of September I rang up a couple of times and each time told I had exhausted all my discounts because I was on 1/2 price for so long.Rep told me they saved me over €2k bla bla bla in the last couple years .3 weeks on I got an email today come back to Sky for 1/2 price for 9 months.Not going to take it up .Freesat for me will do fine.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    It's one or the other AFAIK.

Not according to the original deal - says €9 refunded in first bill Link

I thought I should be refunded €19

Advertisement