Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Perhaps someone could PM him the details ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Perhaps someone could PM him the details ?

On you go.

hallo dare wrote: »
    On you go.

If I had the details I would gladly help anyone to get themselves sorted.
    Big difference between discussing such items on here & pointing someone in the right direction off forum by pm.

amdaley28 wrote: »
    If I had the details I would gladly help anyone to get themselves sorted.
    Big difference between discussing such items on here & pointing someone in the right direction off forum by pm.

There's plenty of websites that discuss what he's looking for. There's no shortage of help here for people on the legal side of things. Enough warnings were handed out on a previous thread over the same issue. This thread was started off to keep things right and we are trying to stop it from going down the same road as before.

Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Please keep discussions on this thread to Enigma2 FIRMWARE Only

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Please keep discussions on this thread to Enigma2 FIRMWARE Only

Maybe you'll highlight this line business in your first post and it may possibly keep the thread on track.

There's plenty of websites that discuss what he's looking for. There's no shortage of help here for people on the legal side of things. Enough warnings were handed out on a previous thread over the same issue. This thread was started off to keep things right and we are trying to stop it from going down the same road as before.

Enough said.

No Problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

NEW E2 flashing procedure for Amiko 7162 (Alien2) (Golden Media Triplex)

Start with this
    -download an E2 image
    -I presume you do have a decompression application installed on your laptop/PC (7-zip or so)
    -plug a USB memory stick into your PC/laptop
    -format it in FAT32, using Windows capabilities (cursor on the device > right click > format > quick format > FAT32 > OK)
    -double click on E2 image file - you should see (not always but most of the time) the content of the file - choose only the enigma2 folder and unpack it to the USB device you just formatted
    -if the compressed file does not have enigma2 folder, then create one on your USB stick and unpack the two files needed for flashing (uImage and e2jffs2.img) into it
    -unmount/eject the USB stick, take it out and go to your Alien1/2 receiver/multimedia centre

Preparation
    -switch off your Alien1/2 using the switch at the back of A1/2 (electricity off, not just to Standby!)
    -unplug all the USB devices from A1/2
    -plug in your USB stick with E2 for A1/2 - at the BACK USB port, in Alien2 case

Flash it!
    -press and hold the OK button on the A1/2 front panel, then switch A1/2 ON at the back, never letting go of the OK button
    -display should show you various messages, the last one being “FORC”
    -let go of OK button and press the V (arrow pointing downwards) button, just under the OK button
    -when display shows “ENIG” > press the arrow pointing to the right (the ">" button), as you face A1/2
    -you should see (briefly) "FACT" on your display, then U LD (it means "uploading"), then some numbers going fast (percentages of various parts of the image being uploaded)...
    -wait between 5-10 minutes maximum (if it lasts longer something's wrong and you should repeat the procedure, possibly using a different USB stick, plus check the files are OK)
    -when you see SUCC it means you "succeeded"

Finito!
    -when you see A1/2 display showing "BOOT" take out the USB stick
    -if A1/2 boots into the STANDBY mode (front display showing only the red lamp) then use your remote control unit (RCU) to start E2

Thanks to Gorski.

That method is round for a while now mate, for over a year +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

That method is round for a while now mate, for over a year +

Yes and it does not always work. Spark plugin works every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 lfcmayo

Guys i need some help.

A2 box 4months old went to black screen with sound only few days ago and remote wouldnt work. Checked around and found the answer was to select a different image which worked for 2 days until today and now i have black screen no sound when i boot in spark or enigma and remote or menu button on front panel wont let me do anything.
    Have tried installing new image with usb stick but it doesnt load...after i boot spark and go to Fact all i see is T or IO on front panel.
    Im pretty new to this but ive no idea whats wrong.
    Greatly appreciate any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lfcmayo

Wrong thread my apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

Can someone tell me how to watch the amiko on my laptop using champions e2 image?

When I put the ip of the box into the browser it doesn't show any web interface

Thanks

SteJay wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to watch the amiko on my laptop using champions e2 image?

When I put the ip of the box into the browser it doesn't show any web interface

Thanks

Wrong thread m8

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

Wrong thread m8

Thought it would be here because the firmware is in this thread

I'll put it in the other thread so.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Hi all

Here's a link to my complete OpenATV 4.2 based Image

http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank with sample lines), automounting your HDD, Streaming, SambaServer, RTEPlayer, OnDemand and finally Permanent Timeshift (turned off).

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance. Don't forget to download the Readme file too for full details like FTP and Telnet logon details and more other stuff.

For any feedback or questions, please ensure they are posted in the Enigma DISCUSSION Thread and NOT in here.

And Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

BETA OpenATV 4.2 backup Image for Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162
    Below is a link to my new OpenATV 4.2 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

Build with OE-A 2.2
    many many more Plugins
    complete identical Linux and folder structure like all mipsel boxes
    online Update system via IPK like all mipsel Boxes
    rework drivers less e2 hacks needed

Full Feature openATV 4.2 Image

Full Online Feed

all Source are open Source for all every can build where own image

thanks to all SH4 Developer
    thanks to Duckbox-Developer
    thanks to TDT Duckbox Team
    thanks to Project magpie

and all plugin devs
    Enjoy!

This image is working with the following:

AutoBouquets 21st August 2014 version (All unwanted channels removed)
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    Alternate softcam Manager
    Ondemand Full Version (Smart dns required for BBC and ITV player) Now includes TV3 player
    Rats Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 7.5
    rte player
    oscam
    And Much More!

Installation instructions

1. Unplug USB Stick from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup in spark.
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.
    atv2_zps67581920.jpg

Link here :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqanomrt5xw6xd5/back_of_e2atv4.2.zip?dl=0

I have removed this image backup for legal copyright reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Will this work with a Openvix S*y skin? I think it's called something like 'Fraggle's skin'.

Will this work with a Openvix S*y skin? I think it's called something like 'Fraggle's skin'.

Please post in the discussion thread, this is for firmware post only. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm uploading a copy of my Hyperion 4 backup which has a few modifications.

Firstly it has the amixer audio boost script running so the audio levels are louder and more like Spark and other receiver levels.
    You will no longer have to increase the volume levels on your tv to high levels and the fix doesn't distort the audio.

Secondly the extended keymapper is included so extra buttons can be mapped in the blue panel.
    Its the same as the official inbuilt PKT keymapper but with added code.Thanks to data devil

The tuxtext.ttf file has also been replaced,the teletext font is alot more rounded,larger and easier on the eye ,unlike the inbuilt teletext which is designed for eastern european languages.

History Zap Selector is included ,handy for channel browsing .(Prev/Next Button)
    Use Recall to switch between 2 channels.

Record Infobar is also included

I have also tweaked a few of the button configurations and settings .

The Vfd fix has been applied so newer boxes have a working display panel.

It is configured for 28e and Saorview ,all picons are installed as is an up to date channel list .
    Autobouquets (most recent version) and Rats Bouquet Loader are installed if you'd prefer to use these .

The following plugins are installed and working well:
    AutoTimer,AutoVolumeAdjustment,CacheFlush aka Clearmem,CrossEPG 0.8.1,CoolTVGuide v7.0 (opens on EPG) ,Rats Picons,RTE Player,1channel (latest version),IPTV Loader,TMDB,TVDB,Mediaportal,Airplayer and WebInterface

Oscam is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file.
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam
    FTP: user:root ,pass:pkteam

Crossepg 0.8.1 is configured to update when the box is in standby .

Virtualzap is not installed as I am unhappy with its performance ,it is a memory hog.

It is running PLi-HD skin but there are a few other Skins to try if you dont like that.
    The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 720p.
    Saorview is tuned for Mullaghanish

This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,I have been running it for the last 3 months .
    Many thanks to the PKT team,data devil, and other plugin developers who have put in sterling work with the different code involved in this backup.
    Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AADLsHRr3Hu-aTDzhyKRemhna/Hyperion%204%20%20Backup%20Sep%202014/Hyperion%204%20Public%20Backup.zip?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm uploading a copy of a Hyperion 4 backup which has a few modifications.

Firstly it has the amixer audio boost script running so the audio levels are louder and more like Spark and other receiver levels.
    You will no longer have to increase the volume levels on your tv to high levels and the fix doesn't distort the audio.

Secondly the extended keymapper is included so extra buttons can be mapped in the blue panel.
    Its the same as the official inbuilt PKT keymapper but with added code.Thanks to data devil

The tuxtext.ttf file has also been replaced,the teletext font is alot more rounded,larger and easier on the eye ,unlike the inbuilt teletext which is designed for eastern european languages.

History Zap Selector is included ,handy for channel browsing .(Prev/Next Button)
    Use Recall to switch between 2 channels.

Record Infobar is also included

I have also tweaked a few of the button configurations and settings .

The Vfd fix has been applied so newer boxes have a working display panel.

It is configured for 28e and Saorview ,all picons are installed as is an up to date channel list .
    Autobouquets (most recent version) and Rats Bouquet Loader are installed if you'd prefer to use these .

The following plugins are installed and working well:
    AutoTimer,AutoVolumeAdjustment,CacheFlush aka Clearmem,CrossEPG 0.8.1,CoolTVGuide v7.0 (opens on EPG) ,Rats Picons,RTE Player,1channel (latest version),IPTV Loader,TMDB,TVDB,Mediaportal,Airplayer and WebInterface

Oscam is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file.
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam
    FTP: user:root ,pass:pkteam

Crossepg 0.8.1 is configured to update when the box is in standby .

Virtualzap is not installed as I am unhappy with its performance ,it is a memory hog.

It is running PLi-HD skin but there are a few other Skins to try if you dont like that.
    The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 720p.
    Saorview is tuned for Mullaghanish

This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,I have been running it for the last 3 months .
    Many thanks to the PKT team,data devil, and other plugin developers who have put in sterling work with the different code involved in this backup.
    Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wa5t9ld27...ackup.zip?dl=0
    Thinking of putting this image on my SAB triple box, I'll backup my channel list from the box first & reload it after new image is installed,..thanks, just have to recall how you do this as it's not like it was on the old dreambox.
    **UPDATE** just got a 404 error on that link Zardos!

lensman wrote: »
    Thinking of putting this image on my SAB triple box, I'll backup my channel list from the box first & reload it after new image is installed,..thanks, just have to recall how you do this as it's not like it was on the old dreambox.
    **UPDATE** just got a 404 error on that link Zardos!

This is the firmware thread, post in the other discussion thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Franco__

will zardoz's hyperion 4 image work on amiko 2 and 8990?

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Franco__

will zardoz's hyperion 4 image work on amiko 2 and 8900?

regards

Franco__ wrote: »
    will zardoz's hyperion 4 image work on amiko 2 and 8900?

regards

No, it's for the alien 2 only. Don't ask questions in this thread, it's for firmware only, there's a discussion thread for questions

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction for a backup hyeprion 4 image configured for 28e uk/scotland

thunda wrote: »
    Hi can anyone point me in the right direction for a backup hyeprion 4 image configured for 28e uk/scotland

As mentioned in the post just before yours, this is a firmware thread only. Please ask on the discussion thread.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

Sorry about That! I had just googled Amiko Alien 2 images and found this post , sorry if I requested a backup image in the wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Here's a copy of my latest openatv 4.2 backup for anyone whos interested. Still in beta but it seems to have improved a good bit in the last month or so so I thought i'd put up another backup.

The image includes:
    AutoTimer (Series link)
    AutoBoquetsMaker
    Xmltv-importer (7 day tv guide info)
    Ondemand (rte player, 3player and radio player)
    OpenWebIf
    PermanentTimeShift - Pause, rewind live tv
    Saorview Picons included (Download uk picons from downloadable plugins menu and save to usb.)
    Softcam manager and OSCam (blank)
    Advanced remote setup.

Hdd auto mount enabled and 512mb swapfile enabled

Stream / Record a $ Channels while watching another $ channel

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p.

Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

OSCam - http://box_ip:83 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip (Default Port 80)

Screens:
    CiEtHKrl.jpg

1TwEnoil.jpg

54365aHl.jpg

td9yqlpl.jpg

jn9oESml.jpg

Download Link: Openatv 4.2 Beta Backup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement