Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

jondav wrote: »
    thanks not sure if thats image i am ussing,my one says back of e2 on folder,
    not easiest place to find your way round on here i just tried downloading one from march but couldnt get to link dont know if its cos i havnt contributed enough comments in threads . any help appreciated

As I mentioned previous use the search the Thread option.

Here's Freshpots.

Hyperion v4 for Amiko Alien 2 -http://goo.gl/eLaUN1 ***UPDATED 14/05/14***

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jondav

sorry .i found image in end but it was a month older than give credits image reloaded give credits image pictures cleared but sport channels not up to date.went to do autoboquet to update channels ,but after reading in pluggin it says do a search on 28 east first then do autoboquet .its a nightmare cant even perform a search on 28 east with this image.the box constantly crashes.if i go into service searching then auto scan it says tuner a dvb t which is terrestrial. tuner b is also terrestrial. so how do i scan 28 east tried changing set up to tuner 1 simple 28 east but box just crashes then and goes back to how it was. maybe i should delete image and try older freshpots one you provided .??? will try that now see if its any differant

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

hallo dare wrote: »
    As I mentioned previous use the search the Thread option.

Here's Freshpots.

Hyperion v4 for Amiko Alien 2 -http://goo.gl/eLaUN1 ***UPDATED 14/05/14***

I've uploaded this image and everything is back to normal. Is there much difference between this image (May 14) and Freshpots image (March 14)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

cyndale wrote: »
    I've uploaded this image and everything is back to normal. Is there much difference between this image (May 14) and Freshpots image (March 14)?

Hi, as far as I remember I just added a newer version of tsmedia, cooltvguide, a newer sky skin and applied the vfd fix for people with newer boxes.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Hi, as far as I remember I just added a newer version of tsmedia, cooltvguide, a newer sky skin and applied the vfd fix for people with newer boxes.

I've been enjoying your Hyperion 4 image since March and for some strange reason it started to act up two days ago. Just would get stuck on start when I turned the box on.

• Advertisement

I've been enjoying your Hyperion 4 image since March and for some strange reason it started to act up two days ago. Just would get stuck on start when I turned the box on.

Possibly your hard drive is acting up or has become unmounted. Does it get past the swapfile message on the front of the box?

Possibly your hard drive is acting up or has become unmounted. Does it get past the swapfile message on the front of the box?

If my memory serves me right it went through all the usual ... pkteam, swap and then got stuck on the word START!

If my memory serves me right it went through all the usual ... pkteam, swap and then got stuck on the word START!
    Do you have sound? This has happened me a few times across various images. The only solution I could find was to reflash.

Do you have sound? This has happened me a few times across various images. The only solution I could find was to reflash.

No picture, no sound, everything just froze! As I said I am using your more recent Hyperion 4 image now and I will see how that works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 airboos

Anyone got an idiots step by step guide on getting my sly card to work in the AA2. Am running the Pkteam H2 image from a year or so ago that Champ put up. Put in the sly card so that the gold chip was facing up and have restarted the oscam emu numerous times but none of the paid channels were clearing.

This is what my oscam file looks like...

############### General Instruction - oscam.server ###################
    # To activate/deactivate the reader set enable = 1/0 #
    # #
    # You might specify further entries in each reader section #
    # such as "caid =________" and/or "services = _________" but you needn´t #
    # For further details

[reader]
    label = SKYUK
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    group = 1
    caid = 0963

[reader]
    label = SKYUK
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci1
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    group = 1
    caid = 0963

######## end of file ########

• Advertisement

Airboos, take down that bloody post before you get this thread closed

• Registered Users Posts: 11 airboos

Scared of your own shadows. To reiterate for the hard of hearing this is to use MY own sly card out of my Amstrad box in the amiko as I know many of YOU already do in order to take advantage of cross epg etc etc. Feel free to pm me if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

airboos wrote: »
    Anyone got an idiots step by step guide on getting my sly card to work in the AA2. Am running the Pkteam H2 image from a year or so ago that Champ put up. Put in the sly card so that the gold chip was facing up and have restarted the oscam emu numerous times but none of the paid channels were clearing.

This is what my oscam file looks like...

############### General Instruction - oscam.server ###################
    # To activate/deactivate the reader set enable = 1/0 #
    # #
    # You might specify further entries in each reader section #
    # such as "caid =________" and/or "services = _________" but you needn´t #
    # For further details

[reader]
    label = SKYUK
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    group = 1
    caid = 0963

[reader]
    label = SKYUK
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci1
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    group = 1
    caid = 0963

######## end of file ########
    You probably need to put the card in chip side down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

airboos wrote: »
    Scared of your own shadows. To reiterate for the hard of hearing this is to use MY own sly card out of my Amstrad box in the amiko as I know many of YOU already do in order to take advantage of cross epg etc etc. Feel free to pm me if you wish.

We have been warned lots of times, I will not sit back and let your stupidity close a thread I find valuable. It's against the charter here and against Sky's terms and conditions so please delete your post, we cannot discuss it okay.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91106947&postcount=6401

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

We have been warned lots of times, I will not sit back and let your stupidity close a thread I find valuable. It's against the charter here and against Sky's terms and conditions so please delete your post, we cannot discuss it okay.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91106947&postcount=6401

to be fair to airboos, he is talking about using his card, which is paid for and legitimate, to view channels, the charter says
    DON'T Discuss any methods that allow access to a pay-television service, other than taking out a legitimate, paid, subscription to the provider of that service.

and as per the post above it is not card sharing if he is not sharing his card with anyone else or using another persons card

It may be against the sky terms and conditions but that is a different matter

Jaysus lads, just delete the posts. As same old has already said, there have been numerous warnings already about this with the view to closing the thread if it was to keep happening, so don't be so arrogant and remove and don't ruin it on the rest of us.

@bapplebe, it's not the only thing that's mentioned in his post.

bappelbe wrote: »
    to be fair to airboos, he is talking about using his card, which is paid for and legitimate, to view channels, the charter says
    DON'T Discuss any methods that allow access to a pay-television service, other than taking out a legitimate, paid, subscription to the provider of that service.

and as per the post above it is not card sharing if he is not sharing his card with anyone else or using another persons card

It may be against the sky terms and conditions but that is a different matter

Ffs, i give up. The mods have already said it's not allowed to be discussed. It's not legitimate, it's against sky's terms and conditions to use their card outside their box

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Okay, that's enough. It is not allowed to discuss how to use BSkyB with a third party receiver. BSkyB don't allow it and until they change that stance we have to respect it

I'm not entirely happy with the back seat modding either BTW.

The next time I have to post on this thread it will be to close it

icdg wrote: »
    Okay, that's enough. It is not allowed to discuss how to use BSkyB with a third party receiver. BSkyB don't allow it and until they change that stance we have to respect it

I'm not entirely happy with the back seat modding either BTW.

The next time I have to post on this thread it will be to close it

Just so we are clear, there's no "back seat modding"! Some of us here appreciate the thread and as you don't seem to here to police 24/7 then some of us have to speak up. We don't wish to see it close because of those who post about things they are not supposed to.

You're the Mod, put up a" mod warning " on the first post like every other Mod in the different threads.

We simply don't want to see something beneficial to those that appreciate it go that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just so we are clear, there's no "back seat modding"! Some of us here appreciate the thread and as you don't seem to here to police 24/7 then some of us have to speak up. We don't wish to see it close because of those who post about things they are not supposed to.

Its almost impossible for any mod to be here 24/7 ,its voluntary after all ,and its a tough job to mod such a big forum with 5 different subcategories .
    Maybe its time to get another mod if that's feasible ?

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its almost impossible for any mod to be here 24/7 ,its voluntary after all ,and its a tough job to mod such a big forum with 5 different subcategories .
    Maybe its time to get another mod if that's feasible ?

I appreciate that, but if the Mod is that busy then i agree that he should have someone from here to help. I have 2 names in mind that i'd be happy to see Mod here. All I'm saying is that it's not fair on the rest of us here for one Mod that's not always here to just turn up and threaten to close a very helpful and informative thread for the sake of a few that don't know/abide by the rules. I'm not blaming the Mod for anything, he just needs to share the workload!

Boards is over modded as it is, normal users taking over for absent mods would be just too much for me to bear !

Boards is over modded as it is, normal users taking over for absent mods would be just too much for me to bear !

I agree, but for there are lads here who are really on the ball with this kind of stuff and are always on here who may be best suited to helping out the current Mod. As I said above, the other Mod cannot govern here the whole time, so let someone who is here on a daily basis help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Anyway I read this elsewhere about the bootloader for the Alien 2 which is very interesting and could add some great new capabilities.
    The last few weeks I have been a little bit distracted by the bootloader source code release by Fulan ( the creator of the spark boxes ). I took some days off to power up my JTAG interface and fiddling around with the source code. I wrote a Blog-Post on JTAG and STI in general and a more detailed instruction how to build the bootloader itself.

So enough technical jabbering. Why was this bootloader source more interesting than a new release?

With this we can provide bootloader upgrades on our own
    We can use the whole flash 512 MB !!!! ( This removes sparks FW )
    We can implement a Mips like CFE Web-based flash tool for easy firmware updates
    We can even run images on UBIFS which decrease boottimes and is more reliable than this JFFS2. Or we can run our images on YAFFS2 like original spark does.

so interesting times

The problem is that this is the biggest thread on this forum but we haven't got an active mod participating in the thread. The thread is so big nobody can go back and read it, they always just jump in at the end. This thread needs closing and splitting into 3-4 different threads with firmware in its own one with an FAQ, it needs an active mod to stop people asking questions in the firmware thread and keep the first post updated with the latest links to plugins and images

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I said that if I had to come back, I would close this thread. Moderation is NOT up for on-thread discussion. I'll give one more chance for this thread to go back on topic, but this really is the last straw

icdg wrote: »
    I said that if I had to come back, I would close this thread. Moderation is NOT up for on-thread discussion. I'll give one more chance for this thread to go back on topic, but this really is the last straw

Pm sent to you.!

I agree, but for there are lads here who are really on the ball with this kind of stuff and are always on here who may be best suited to helping out the current Mod. As I said above, the other Mod cannot govern here the whole time, so let someone who is here on a daily basis help out.

Then this person should be a mod too, Boards.ie is simply modded out, you can't say boo but you get an infraction, reading users trying to mod is annoying.

Threads get too cluttered and this one is beyond the beyond at this stage and all the useful information if fragmented over 430 odd pages.

I think stickies should be more common with only the useful information extracted from threads.

This thread has been very informative and helpful to me, but it's been difficult reading through so many pages out of fear of been chastised for asking already asked and answered questions.

The problem is that this is the biggest thread on this forum but we haven't got an active mod participating in the thread. The thread is so big nobody can go back and read it, they always just jump in at the end. This thread needs closing and splitting into 3-4 different threads with firmware in its own one with an FAQ, it needs an active mod to stop people asking questions in the firmware thread and keep the first post updated with the latest links to plugins and images

I think we are best off doing that asap. I'll start into it tomorrow with enigma2 if nobody else has it started by then. Ill scan the thread for all the latest plugins and images and have them in the first post, which can be updated as needs be via pm to me or whoever takes on the roll of starting the thread. Or if anyone that has plugins and images wants to pm them onto me then well and good or feel they want to start off the new thread then please fire away.

Sound good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

Hi icdg

Can you please confirm if it is possible for lead posys in threads to be editable indefinitely ?

I was considering opening a new thread anyway but a real solution for a new thread would be for additional and updated info to be added to the first post as we go along.

This thread is so long mainly because a lot of info is lost in the middle. If the first post could be maintained like a sticky, that would solve many issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement