Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thread reopened. Any continuance of the previous argument or bitching will result in a minimum one week ban.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks Penn.

Ok lads lets get this back on track and all be nice to eachother ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Typical Irish weather for most part of the country, might stick around my kneck of the woods this weekend I think...

nat01_weather.png?1319

Sunday will start mainly dry with sunny spells but cloud will soon build up in most areas. Scattered showers will develop, some turning heavy and locally thundery in the midlands and in many parts of Munster through the afternoon. However, northern and eastern counties will have a good deal of dry weather. Winds will become moderate or locally fresh, north to northwest for a time before easing again in the evening. Rather mild; highest temperatures 13 to 16 degrees Celsius.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭prunudo

That actually looks more promising than I had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

jvan wrote: »

Yeah was thinking that myself. Don't think I'll be able to get out tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Where are you meeting lads?

Looks like its getting better too, it was showing heavy rain in half the country when I posted it up first!

Might head to laragh for an over priced cup of coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Managed an hour around the Royal County, good spin nothing mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Managed an hour around the Royal County, good spin nothing mental.

Went up that way myself today, you've some nice quiet twisty roads.
    I decided to start the photo rally seeing as I was at nothing else, got in the Dublin, Meath, Longford & Roscommon points and covered nearly 500km. For a small country you don't see the km's clocking up.

On another note, never seen anything like the bug kill today, had to stop 5 times to clean the visor. Bike, helmet and leathers are going to need a serious clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Went up that way myself today, you've some nice quiet twisty roads.
    I decided to start the photo rally seeing as I was at nothing else, got in the Dublin, Meath, Longford & Roscommon points and covered nearly 500km. For a small country you don't see the km's clocking up.

On another note, never seen anything like the bug kill today, had to stop 5 times to clean the visor. Bike, helmet and leathers are going to need a serious clean.

I went down to Carlow today with the misses on the bike and the bugs were something else. Took me ages to clean the lid . And the bike is in bits but will have to wait until tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads you need more training off Lookbehind you....I just counter steer the bugs and outbrake the bees!

Clean as a whistle I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Some day for a spin today. Was driving home from northern england and there were hundreds of bikes on the roads over there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Jaysus lads you need more training off Lookbehind you....I just counter steer the bugs and outbrake the bees!

Clean as a whistle I am.

You were just driving to bloody slow to catch up with any flies.:D:D:D

Did you check the back of your helmet. ;)

No way bro...I have Blue motion built in. Sure if I dont drive fast my owl' triple over heats.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

***Mod Warning***
    Site Rules wrote:
    Don't abuse people personally

It’s not big and it’s not clever. If you can’t convey your point without abusing someone personally then you don’t have a point to make and perhaps you should close your browser and come back when you are calmer. Not only will you have had the benefit of cooling off if something’s caused your blood to boil, you’re a lot more likely to make a far more incisive, killer point. The great joy of this platform is that you don’t have to answer something immediately; you have time to construct your point and de-construct any arguments against your point.

You either are an adult or you are aspiring to become one. This isn’t a crèche and if we have had to invoke this rule to stop you from abusing someone, and you feel like we are treating you like a child, you might want to consider why that is.

This site is for a wide variety of civil, adult discussion. Personally abusing someone is immature. Grow up.
    Site Rules wrote:
    Don't back seat moderate

Imagine a game of soccer where one player kept running up to the ref and saying "you should have warned that guy" "that was offside" "time is up on this game". Annoying, yes? Sitting back as a user and consistently directing the moderator like a minion is going to get you kicked off the pitch. The correct way to bring something to our attention is to report the post.

But do not abuse this feature. Report posts which clearly break the rules not just posts you don’t agree with or from people you don’t like. That’s just being a dick.

Over the past few months, several issues have arisen on this forum. Most of which stemmed from some posters doing their utmost to undermine one of the forum moderators, and argue with most of the decisions they made, on-thread, and in an insulting manner.

Despite numerous warnings, this persisted and got progressively worse. I should note, I don't feel the posters deserve the full blame for what happened, as I believe more effective moderation would have stopped these situations from developing on-thread, and I even take some of the blame myself for not being forceful enough in putting an end to this sooner when these things were brought to my attention.

I've quoted the two above sections of the site-wide Boards.ie rules because they are very relevant here. There have been several breaches of both of those rules by users of this forum, particularly towards one moderator. Whether you like the moderator or not, or whether you agree with the moderator or not, that does not warrant a breach of these rules. Moderators are volunteers, here to help out the forum in accordance with the site and forum rules. None of them deserve some of the sh*t that has been directed at them from regulars of this forum.

As a result of all this and further to discussions between the CMods & forum mods we resolved to make some changes in how the forum is moderated from now on. Some of what has happened here over the past few months, as evident by some of the posts here on this thread within the last week, is downright shameful. Rest assured, if the same behaviour continues, either to the new mods, current mods, former mods or even normal posters, bans will be handed out regardless of how much you contribute to this forum.

This matter is resolved. If anyone has an issue with this, PM me directly. This will not be discussed further on the forum itself.

Might be a Monday Spin instead this week lads, lets get some non regulars out for an Ice Cream and a Grin.

Might be a Monday Spin instead this week lads, lets get some non regulars out for an Ice Cream and a Grin.

Last time we were out Lookbehindyou said he would buy everyone ice cream at the next meet up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Last time we were out Lookbehindyou said he would buy everyone ice cream at the next meet up!

Grand so, count me in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Wont know until Saturday if im off on Monday but if I am count me in for a Monday spin.

He is a man of his word too....owes me half a bounty aswell. Stuck the open bar down to take a gulp of water and he swiped the thing before I could tell him to get bent!

• Advertisement

That suits me! Iv been told im getting pissed on sat night so thought I'd miss the Sunday spin!

aaakev wrote: »
    That suits me! Iv been told im getting pissed on sat night so thought I'd miss the Sunday spin!

I suppose at least you got advanced warning to prepare! :pac:

lookbehindyou
    Wonda-boy
    blu
    KTRIC - no wheelies mister!
    Richard Tea - if he can get his permission slip signed off!
    aaakev - don't forget to have a wash before Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

my bike is booked in for Monday to have the crabs done.
    I'm gonna miss this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

my bike is booked in for Monday to have the crabs done.
    I'm gonna miss this one.

Sounds nasty, best you stay at home so you dont pass it around to the rest of us !! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

carburetors*

I suppose at least you got advanced warning to prepare! :pac:

lookbehindyou
    Wonda-boy
    blu
    KTRIC - no wheelies mister!
    Richard Tea - if he can get his permission slip signed off!
    aaakev - don't forget to have a wash before Monday!
    I was trying to put it off till sunday night so I could get out sunday for the spin but the majority ruled against me.... worked out well anyway! Haha shower it is boss! That or drive at the back.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Lunch at the roadhouse in Carlow, where we will meet up with the Wexford crew.

Jaysus Mick you must have shares in that place ffs....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

I don't know if I be out yet! I know closer near the day!!

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone needs directions....

RoadHouse Carlow

Advertisement