Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

chops018 wrote: »
    Here's another link to the vid if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXSp0OQ8whc

If he had arranged to present himself at the Garda Station, he wouldn't have been arrested at his house, handcuffed, and driven away in a Paddywagon.

A lesson in how not to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

If he had arranged to present himself at the Garda Station, he wouldn't have been arrested at his house, handcuffed, and driven away in a Paddywagon.

A lesson in how not to do it.

And again, the whole thing is amusing, but still worrying - this is the kind of stuff thats going to suck people into thinking that debts and responsibilities (such as parking fines) are nothing to worry about. Its pretty small now, but this has the potential to turn neighbour against neighbour. If these guys even give a glimmer of hope, more and more will stop paying their mortgage thinking they are standing up for the small guy (because small guys own stud farms). I'm a mortgage payer - I only want to pay my mortgage, not anyone elses.

So for the legally minded, in the video, is there anything that these guys got right - for example is there anything to the fact that it was a copy of the warrant.
    Was there anything illegal about the gardai coming to the front door.

Basically, did the gardai do anything wrong, that could be portrayed as a victory for these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Marve wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    Latest publicity stunt by Ben hit the tubes earlier, the arrest of John Squires, as expected the usual suspect groups on fbook are seeing this as a glorious event. :confused:
    Anyone rip it apart yet?
    btw, ty to everyone who contributes to this thread, always click in when the freemen come up with another new plan to take over the world, just to see it debunked. :D

Where on fbook are they talking about this? Virginia Court will be an absolute pantomime tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

There is no mention of it there. unless I have to be an invited member of the group?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

That's disturbing. A TNS guy is one of the admins. Main admin says she was a barrister "in a former life".

Only 110 members though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Main admin says she was a barrister "in a former life".

If that was true, would be she be still listed as a member of the law library?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

If that was true, would be she be still listed as a member of the law library?

She doesn't show up in any of the usual places. Seems to live in the North.

Of course, given the general off-the-wallness, she could mean "former life" literally!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I bought the Phoenix today and there's a one page spread on Charlie Allen. Apparently he's a former gardener who's registered "Charles Allen" as a business name for legal services in the CRO. The article gives a general rundown of Freemanism, including that heroic
    Canadian judgment ripping it a new one and mentions how well it's turned out for Francis of the Family Cullen who's apparently still in Mountjoy. Dunne J also hasn't paid him in gold as he requested, to add insult to injury.

Ould Ben Gilroy gets a paragraph at the end as well. They mention him almost as a rival to Allen in the pseudolaw market. According to the Phoenix, he's behind this business of "trademarking" your name for the low low price of €250. Then when the man uses your name in vain, you get to charge them €50,000. With those odds and that return, you can't lose.

Ben's friend Claire Cullinane of Debt Options Ireland is also mentioned. She's the one who's been encouraging all and sundry to issue proceedings against the Goverment, the Banks and whatever else you're having yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

Robbo wrote: »
    I bought the Phoenix today and there's a one page spread on Charlie Allen. Apparently he's a former gardener who's registered "Charles Allen" as a business name for legal services in the CRO.

I think you can find Colonel Mustard's details here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

Robbo wrote: »
    Ben's friend Claire Cullinane of Debt Options Ireland is also mentioned.

Ah yes
    Kinesiologist & Natural Therapist & Trainer.
    Robin Hill Clinic.

Therapies inc

Kinesiology,Hypnoses, NLP, Past Life Regression, Indian Head Massage, Nutrition, Herbs, Homeopothy, Flower Formulas, Tissue Salts, Bio-Kinetics and more.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You have to be a special class of charlatan when you can't even spell the various brands of snake-oil you're peddling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

jd wrote: »
    Ah yes

She's really hit the full-house on the Bull**** Bingo card.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Colm R wrote: »
    So for the legally minded, in the video, is there anything that these guys got right - for example is there anything to the fact that it was a copy of the warrant.
    Was there anything illegal about the gardai coming to the front door.

The garda had the original warrant with him, and he gave a copy to Ben. A garda, as far as I know, is not required to do either (i.e. have the original nor give a copy) when lawfully arresting someone. They obviously knew yer man was a nutter and came prepared.

If you think about it logically, why would it possibly be the law that a warrant for arrest would entail an exchange of a warrant for a person. No same legislature would make a law like that. A warrant is essentially a written permission or authority. For is a preposition indicating purpose not, as it is sometimes used in informal speech, a synonym for "in exchange". Arrest means arrest, they seem to acknowledge that at least. So a warrant for arrest means a permission, the purpose of which is the arrest. No sane person could think warrant for arrest means that they are offering to give a warrant in exchange for an arrest.

Gardai are perfectly entitled to come up to your front door without a warrant, but if asked to leave then they should leave. If they do have a warrant, they are entitled to execute that warrant by entering the curtilage of the premises.
    Basically, did the gardai do anything wrong, that could be portrayed as a victory for these people.

Not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

The garda had the original warrant with him, and he gave a copy to Ben. A garda, as far as I know, is not required to do either (i.e. have the original nor give a copy) when lawfully arresting someone. They obviously knew yer man was a nutter and came prepared.

If you think about it logically, why would it possibly be the law that a warrant for arrest would entail an exchange of a warrant for a person. No same legislature would make a law like that. A warrant is essentially a written permission or authority. For is a preposition indicating purpose not, as it is sometimes used in informal speech, a synonym for "in exchange". Arrest means arrest, they seem to acknowledge that at least. So a warrant for arrest means a permission, the purpose of which is the arrest. No sane person could think warrant for arrest means that they are offering to give a warrant in exchange for an arrest.

Gardai are perfectly entitled to come up to your front door without a warrant, but if asked to leave then they should leave. If they do have a warrant, they are entitled to execute that warrant by entering the curtilage of the premises.

Not even close.

They do have to show the warrant. A garda could not enter your premises without possessing the warrant. In some cases, when checked by home owner, warrant date was incorrect and entry denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

No offence JS, but you've given the argument re use of the word "For" as implying the necessity of an exchange far too much of your analytical time, as I believe did the Guard.

I, like most people like to interpret prepositions based on context.

To be honest, I'm glad I never decided to be a guard, because at the point the argument regarding the word "For" arose, I'm pretty sure I would have used the pepper spray.

And by used, I mean ab-used.

I hope this hasn't been posted before: The Freemen of Waterford.

James (that's his handle) O' Sullivan demonstrates his superior knowledge of contract law to desk staff at Waterford City Council.

He begins casually: "How's it goin', yeah? Few tickets there were issued to eh, this strawman: legal fiction, name of eh; James O' Sullivan, recently, okay?"

The usual stuff: "Please provide proof of the claim that I am a person..." etc.

When the desk clerk points out that it's a fine, not a contract, a disembodied voice responds:
    "Notice in law, read it up. Go into law. It's an offer to contract. We checked it out. No, it is yeah, unless you're makin' up law yourself here now."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

ezra_pound wrote: »
    They do have to show the warrant. A garda could not enter your premises without possessing the warrant. In some cases, when checked by home owner, warrant date was incorrect and entry denied.

I didn't say that they didn't have to show the warrant. I said that they don't have to be in possession of the original, which they don't, nor do they have to provide a copy to the person they are arresting, which they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Marve

chopser wrote: »
    Where on fbook are they talking about this? Virginia Court will be an absolute pantomime tomorrow!

Hi Chops, the, mixed reaction on the TruthfulIrish page (Vins lil helper)
    https://www.facebook.com/truthful.irish

Some comment rage between the followers & lurkers of:
    https://www.facebook.com/ProtestsMeetingsMarchesIreland

The shares that were flooding last night are all 'a great victory' or 'a load of garbage'.

Vin's (MSI radio) has this image uploaded, titled:
    Evil Prevented :eek:
    photo.php?fbid=509424772461561&set=oa.599004210143113&type=3&theater
    1157732_509424772461561_2054325030_n.jpg

From his FB@ https://www.facebook.com/tnsradio.admin

http://www.youtube.com/user/tnsradioireland (vins youtube)

http://corkindependent.com/20130228/news/loophole-law-school-S60373.html

There are FOTL "law" classes being run by a chap who claims to be descendent from Wolfe Tone, in Cork City.

Let me repeat that. There are FOTL "law" classes being run by a chap who claims to be descendent from Wolfe Tone, in County Cork.

Ted Tynan, a city councillor, has described it as a "positive development".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

What fascinates me most about Ben Gilroy is that he ran for election for the legislature yet he doesn't believe in statutes. The mind boggles!

ezra_pound wrote: »
    What fascinates me most about Ben Gilroy is that he ran for election for the legislature yet he doesn't believe in statutes. The mind boggles!

The man's interest is ego and power. I really think he's only involved with the FOTLM for his own purposes. He's been quite forceful in denying any association with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Hi Chops, the, mixed reaction on the TruthfulIrish page (Vins lil helper)
    https://www.facebook.com/truthful.irish

Some comment rage between the followers & lurkers of:
    https://www.facebook.com/ProtestsMeetingsMarchesIreland

The shares that were flooding last night are all 'a great victory' or 'a load of garbage'.

Vin's (MSI radio) has this image uploaded, titled:
    Evil Prevented :eek:
    photo.php?fbid=509424772461561&set=oa.599004210143113&type=3&theater
    1157732_509424772461561_2054325030_n.jpg

From his FB@ https://www.facebook.com/tnsradio.admin

http://www.youtube.com/user/tnsradioireland (vins youtube)
    can anyone get the garda guide?

alyssum wrote: »
    can anyone get the garda guide?

You might be able to borrow a copy from a public library. At €515.00, I won't be rushing out to buy the most recent edition (2008).

€121.50 for the CD-ROM is more reasonable.

Johnny Squires was 'Given' 45 days in Clover Hill Prison - breaking FB news, 12 mins ago

Comment under the status:
    'Ben raising funds to get Johnny released. €800 Euros needed before tonight or Johnny gets locked up'.

update from:
    https://www.facebook.com/tnsradio.admin

E-Begging status for the €800 to 'buy him back':
    https://www.facebook.com/dermot54/posts/10201295351039270

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Johnny Squires was 'Given' 45 days in Clover Hill Prison - breaking FB news, 12 mins ago

Comment under the status:
    'Ben raising funds to get Johnny released. €800 Euros needed before tonight or Johnny gets locked up'.

update from:
    https://www.facebook.com/tnsradio.admin

E-Begging status for the €800 to 'buy him back':
    https://www.facebook.com/dermot54/posts/10201295351039270

The €2000.00 an hour contract went well.

Advertisement