Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

Two from the Tolka on a black gnat and a black f-fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

jr2yk0.jpgvbulletinr8rxn5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

That's a nice cock fish there. Nice to see some wildys about of that size.
    C&R?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Daroxtar wrote: »
    jr2yk0.jpgvbulletinr8rxn5.jpg

That's a fine trout. He's been around a few years I'd say! Please tell me that he's still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

myself and the father out last night, literally every throw we kept getting 3/4 Pollock, there was a huge shoal out there, gannets were going crazy got one 3lb'er too.

into the freezer for winter as my dad refuses to go fishing, only from May-september/October really as its "cold"

Tide was almost full, and it was pitch dark when we left, cant beat the southwest breeze and fog coming off the atlantic, only decent catch so far this year!

100_1235_zpseb37ceae.jpg

100_1216_zpsab67ec54.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Some fun filleting and skinning all of them I would say, I wouldnt bother keeping a pollock unless it was at least 3lbs, too much effort cleaning them for whats on them otherwise. Looks like west Clare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Some of them fish are tiny. Im not usually one to preach C&R but thats taking the p!$$

Personally I dot see the point in taking all that much home.
    Some are quite small but jesus give them a chance to grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If they are all being eaten it's not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gaz croke

a nice bar of gold and some wrasse
    fish016_zpsec0771b9.jpg
    fish014_zpsdbc287c0.jpg
    fish013_zps854d4cda.jpg
    fish017_zpsc840eba0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Some fishing from Iceland. Not huge fish but the conditions were tough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Made the pic better
    1069993_215811991902702_54397054_n.jpg
    What size was he?!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

Made the pic better
    What size was he?!

What fly was it taken on?

Brown hare's ear fly pattern

Made the pic better
    What size was he?!

Looks 3/4lb to a lb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Personally I dot see the point in taking all that much home.
    Some are quite small but jesus give them a chance to grow.

You would have freaked out if you had have seen what I saw the other day on West Pier Howth.

2 Chinese men fishing in between the rocks on the outside of the pier.

Dropping down handlines with size 2 hooks and pulling up tiny Pollack from within the gaps in the rocks and the water under them.

They put them into plastic bage as they caught them.

I was fishing close to them and was both shocked and annoyed to see what they were doing.

So I went over and asked them why they were taking/killing such small/young fish.

Answer in broken english was .."we eat this fish,very nice with rice and soy sauce".

I told them both to stop taking such small fish,and any more they catch,to put them back alive into the water.

They packed up fast and walked hurridly back up the pier.

I fcuking well hate people like this..:mad::mad:

Pj! wrote: »
    If they are all being eaten it's not the end of the world.

Thats a rather poor attitude to have with regards to taking young/juvenile fish,future fish stocks and species conservation.

We all have a part to play in this.....and we all should do our part too.

A little bit of cop on there and thought for the area and local fish stock seems to be lacking with the people who caught and killed all those fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

paddy147 wrote: »
    You would have freaked out if you had have seen what I saw the other day on West Pier Howth.

2 Chinese men fishing in between the rocks on the outside of the pier.

Dropping down handlines with size 2 hooks and pulling up tiny Pollack from within the gaps in the rocks and the water under them.

They put them into plastic bage as they caught them.

I was fishing close to them and was both shocked and annoyed to see what they were doing.

So I went over and asked them why they were taking/killing such small/young fish.

Answer in broken english was .."we eat this fish,very nice with rice and soy sauce".

I told them both to stop taking such small fish,and any more they catch,to put them back alive into the water.

They packed up fast and walked hurridly back up the pier.

I fcuking well hate people like this..:mad::mad:

I hope you reported this to Inland Fisheries Ireland. Don't know exactly what they could do but sure report it anyway. Maybe if you see these guys at it again take a photo of them and tell them you are reporting them. At the very least they will stop and move on?

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I hope you reported this to Inland Fisheries Ireland. Don't know exactly what they could do but sure report it anyway. Maybe if you see these guys at it again take a photo of them and tell them you are reporting them. At the very least they will stop and move on?

In fairness there is no law there to say its illegal. It is probably worse for fish stocks to be taking the bigger breeding fish however it doesnt change the fact of how pointless it is to take such small fish. On another note I caught 4 proper sized pollock yesterday and they were all hungry looking fish, very strange for this time of year.

mp22 wrote: »
    I must confess that when i caught the fish i was unsure as to the type it was, so i took a close up pic of its tail.imo the wideneck leading to a flatter type tail looks like a trout?I also took a close up of its head both are attached,

Nice where is that man I live in the west thinking of starting salmon fishing.

• Advertisement

Auldloon wrote: »
    Two from this weekend from the Aberdeenshire Don

DSC02384.jpg

DSC02373.jpg
    Wheres the river In the nroth?!
    NIce fish!!!

Thanks, It's in scotland.

In fairness there is no law there to say its illegal. It is probably worse for fish stocks to be taking the bigger breeding fish however it doesnt change the fact of how pointless it is to take such small fish. On another note I caught 4 proper sized pollock yesterday and they were all hungry looking fish, very strange for this time of year.

I know there's no law against it but should have a bit of cop on about it.

I know there's no law against it but should have a bit of cop on about it.

Im not arguing that point with you dodderangler. I meant there was no point pestering ifi staff about it when there is nothing they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

8lb 9oz, caught on 3 rubber casters during a 48hr session last weekend.

slpc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Tzetze wrote: »

slpc.jpg

Fish of a lifetime. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Double post.

Bizzum wrote: »
    Fish of a lifetime. Well done.

Thats Simon Pegg....:pac::D

Lovely fish.:)

Im not arguing that point with you dodderangler. I meant there was no point pestering ifi staff about it when there is nothing they can do.

I agree there. For the likes of sea fishing and taking too many fish and fish under size they wouldn't be bothered about it.
    Tell them about someone hooking a salmon and they'd be down in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement

Tzetze wrote: »

slpc.jpg

That's some slab mate

Advertisement