Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Don't get me wrong i love Sabo, it was ALL i played before teaming up with you wonderful people ;)

I actually like fast games of Sabotage , its great for the W/L ratio and we can have some serious craic :pac: remember ages ago trying to get Ade's win streak to like 50 (on your second account):pac::pac:.

The only thing i don't like is the fact that i could get like 100XP because i could die 4 times without really contributing to the match. But sure that doesn't happen too often.:p:p

I remember one day talking to Kells on Skype giving out about it because i didn't get a chance to get into the game. (Ade kept stealing my kills :pac:)

The game type i like the least is S&D. I know its a popular game type here but just don't really like it. Not face paced enough.:(

Other then that though i like all the other types.

@Ade you should definitely give Drop Zone a chance, had a ball there a week ago playing with Beertons, Perrin , Kells and Balfie.
    The difference between HQ and Drop Zone is that since Care Packages have to land so the DZ is out in the open so you can hang back and pick of the other team as they never look around, they just run straight for the DZ.

Loads of games i got the most kills but was at the bottom of the table because i didn't get near the same XP as the others.

Also a great place to get that "Drop a care package on people" achievement , seems to be the leading cause of death on DZ
    (Also Blast Shield is a must)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

^^
    I Think someone is lost

I saw a load of people playingMW3 last night and I really had to resist the urge to play with ye..

I wasnt in a COD mood but I do love playing in a party with ye lot.. Makes it much more bearable! Was planning on an early night anyway so was glad I didnt coz it can get outa hand with ye sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Sabo is good for about 2 games.. then it just gets boring. Spend more time in lobbies and running across the map than actually killing people. Good gamemode if your up against a decent team, silly when you just steam roll through them.. just turns into a mode for padding your w/l imo.

If your gonna own noobs all night, may aswel do it on a mode with instant respawns and lots of time (Dom/Dem) because frankly it doesn't really matter what the game mode is as the objective becomes nothing more than free points a lot of the time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Work finished, wohoo. I think i'll get rid of the xmas tree and walk the dog first though. So i'll be on at around 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    Sabo is good for about 2 games.. then it just gets boring. Spend more time in lobbies and running across the map than actually killing people. Good gamemode if your up against a decent team, silly when you just steam roll through them.. just turns into a mode for padding your w/l imo.

If your gonna own noobs all night, may aswel do it on a mode with instant respawns and lots of time (Dom/Dem) because frankly it doesn't really matter what the game mode is as the objective becomes nothing more than free points a lot of the time.

aye, long close sabo games with two good teams are fantastic, but I've been in matches where its lasted the lenght of time to get to the bomb, grab, plant and the countdown, boom, game over. half the people in the game didnt even get a kill. prefer demolition, least you have a change to win if you lose the first round.

do people prefer the mw2 or mw3 version of demo? in mw2 if it was 1-1 the final round was another round of the same but you could be on either offence or defence, in mw3 theres a nuetral bomb site that either team can plant at. so it turns into Sabotage for a round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Finally got my first gold gun.mp7 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

On mw2 the team with more kills got defense, on mw3 the team with more kills gets defense spawn on the neutral bomb, is meh mw2 version was probs better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Can only hear my voice in the headset. Booo. Can't get it to work

beertons wrote: »
    Can only hear my voice in the headset. Booo. Can't get it to work

make sure the audio is set to multi output in sound settings on the psn dashboard.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just got in the door, gonna have a shower and a few dozen cups of tea and I'll be on.

Btw, does theatre still create an issue if it is on? Had a couple of nice plays last night with M14 and planting than defending the bomb I wish I had theatre on for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've never turned theatre off, bloody thing won't even render for me anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah, I turned theatre off for a few days but turned it back on and have had no real lag problems with the game.

I really need it for those "how the fk did that happen?" moments :)

Just got in the door, gonna have a shower and a few dozen cups of tea and I'll be on.

Btw, does theatre still create an issue if it is on? Had a couple of nice plays last night with M14 and planting than defending the bomb I wish I had theatre on for.

I had it off for weeks, have it back on now and its fine, and now you've reminded me to upload what could be the biggest knifing fail ever by me later :D I facepalmed myself after it, it wouldnt render for me the other night but I'll record a new clip and see if I can get it working, I was in tears laughing at my epic sh1tness during it :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    I had it off for weeks, have it back on now and its fine, and now you've reminded me to upload what could be the biggest knifing fail ever by me later :D I facepalmed myself after it, it wouldnt render for me the other night but I'll record a new clip and see if I can get it working, I was in tears laughing at my epic sh1tness during it :pac:

Knifing in this game is atrocious to be fair, random ass lunges and when you play for it it doesn't happen plus swiping the air is quite frequent where in previous COD games it was a sure fire kill. Seen similar complaints on Hupit forums as well here too. Bizarre.

Knifing in this game is atrocious to be fair, random ass lunges and when you play for it it doesn't happen plus swiping the air is quite frequent where in previous COD games it was a sure fire kill. Seen similar complaints on Hupit forums as well here too. Bizarre.

this is just in another league of knife fail though, I'll put it up later if the thing renders and you can laugh your ass off :D

Going on now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any1 for mosh pit or a mix of gametypes?

jaysus team defender is fast paced.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

playing now if anyone is stuck for players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Thomasheen wrote: »
    playing now if anyone is stuck for players

I'll add you tomorrow. what is your psn? I'm not at home atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Just had a rant there on Skype about it...

But the last game I played, HQ on resistance, I went 18-36.. Not gonna lie, I played horrible, but. One complete legend on our team, went 6-9, an when I died I looked at him, he was on the compete other side of the map, pointing his gun at a door that clearly no one was going to walk through! That has to be one of the most frustrating games ever in my COD history! He was useless!

Another lad, went 6-30 or something, but jaysus everytime I went near the HQ he was right there trying to get it aswell! Just, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Heading on in about half an hour if anyones about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Balfie wrote: »

But the last game I played, HQ on resistance, I went 18-36.. Not gonna lie, I played horrible, but. One complete legend on our team, went 6-9, an when I died I looked at him, he was on the compete other side of the map, pointing his gun at a door that clearly no one was going to walk through! That has to be one of the most frustrating games ever in my COD history! He was useless!

Another lad, went 6-30 or something, but jaysus everytime I went near the HQ he was right there trying to get it aswell! Just, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

there's lads here that do that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I'll add you tomorrow. what is your psn? I'm not at home atm

Amm you can add twogirls1tommy. Dont really play on thomasheen that much anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

krudler wrote: »
    this is just in another league of knife fail though, I'll put it up later if the thing renders and you can laugh your ass off :D

Aw i wanna see it now :p

I might be on late tonight if any one is around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

When I find people like this I sacrifice my game to just go outa my way to annoy them!! Sit in front of them making noise shooting just to give away his poxy position!

hypermuse wrote: »
    When I find people like this I sacrifice my game to just go outa my way to annoy them!! Sit in front of them making noise shooting just to give away his poxy position!

Gotta admit, when I'm playing on my own I'm certainly prone to doing this against people who just follow wherever the camp for their killstreaks namely high ranked players :) Bugs the **** out me seeing that. FFS they have at least 3 days game time to their name a lot of them that do that.
    ___

Speaking of players who were doing ****ing all yesterday, I think it was HQ we were playing on Fallen (?). There was only the one randomer, very low ranked, clearly very raw at the game but I think he went 2-13 or something along those linesbut finished 2nd in the leaderboard behind me, ahead of all of the other boardsies. Objective beast he was :D Couldn't help but admire that.

Oh, Team Defender is brilliant, except people running towards the enemy with the flag constantly. That was just odd. Should be on shortly, half day at work.

was it me :pac: I'm paranois now gonna have to go check theatre mode later lol

Gotta admit, when I'm playing on my own I'm certainly prone to doing this against people who just follow wherever the camp for their killstreaks namely high ranked players :) Bugs the **** out me seeing that. FFS they have at least 3 days game time to their name a lot of them that do that.
    ___

Speaking of players who were doing ****ing all yesterday, I think it was HQ we were playing on Fallen (?). There was only the one randomer, very low ranked, clearly very raw at the game but I think he went 2-13 or something along those linesbut finished 2nd in the leaderboard behind me, ahead of all of the other boardsies. Objective beast he was :D Couldn't help but admire that.

Oh, Team Defender is brilliant, except people running towards the enemy with the flag constantly. That was just odd. Should be on shortly, half day at work.

team defender can be good but I keep forgetting to make a class for it, riot shield, trophy, bouncing betty. get flag and get into a corner, soak up bullets and grenades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Played Black Ops last night with Balfie and OnlyusemeC4 (Perrin). Fisrt time playing it since MW3 came out. Brilliant craic, doubt I'll be playing MW3 for a while now, I find BO so much more enjoyable and stressfree.

Advertisement