Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. Engineering Project 2010/2011

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

God damn it... I did two extra questions anyway so I should still be alright I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

Ahh thank god! Never even crossed my mind during the exam when I was doing it, and when I saw what answers ye got I thought Id messed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

kpac wrote: »
    Thank you. :) This gives an answer of around 340, and it's always been around this.

I think a lot of people messed that up, thankfully I've been doing those graphs with the last two years so if I got them wrong at this stage, the teacher would be in for it tomorrow. :cool:

You could well be right, I actually brought it across at the top of the straight part of the graph by accident. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

God damn it... I did two extra questions anyway so I should still be alright I think.

Wow. I only did 4 questions, and finished only about 15 mins early. The incineration took me about an hour.

Got an A2. Fuming considering I spent countless hours on my project and preparing for the practical.

Considering the exam's all over now, I thought it'd be appropriate to start posting some photos of our projects.

Render 1
    <exam material removed pending result appeal>

Render 2

I have real photos of it but they're all still on my phone. I may post them later...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 14_characters!

cool! :) i like your steering mechanism! nicely drawn up too! i dont have solidworks so any cnc drawings i did were just a free version of google sketchup. needless to say, they dont look as good. heres a pic of mine shortly before finishing

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

partyatmygaff, that's a pretty bad-ass project. A friend of mine got an A1 this year and his snowmobile wasn't nearly this good. I'd definitely get it rechecked if I were you, unless you screwed up some question in the theory or your practical was a mess.

partyatmygaff, that's a pretty bad-ass project. A friend of mine got an A1 this year and his snowmobile wasn't nearly this good. I'd definitely get it rechecked if I were you, unless you screwed up some question in the theory or your practical was a mess.
    That's what's annoying me...

I got 98% in my Mock theory exam and never got below an A1 since the start of fifth year. My practical exam went fine too. I honestly don't know how I only got an A2 when I was set all year for an A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Got an A2. Fuming considering I spent countless hours on my project and preparing for the practical.

Considering the exam's all over now, I thought it'd be appropriate to start posting some photos of our projects.

Render 1

Render 2

I have real photos of it but they're all still on my phone. I may post them later...

That project is miles better than the one I made. I wasn't too confident about the theorey exam either and I thought I'd get a B yet I got an A1. I would definatly get that rechecked if I were you.

Temporarily removed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

jasus lad get that checked.
    i did a fairly good project but taut my practial was not great and still got a a1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 0987654321

You'd be foolish to leave that unchecked.
    I got an A1 and my model wasn't nearly as good.

I will be getting it rechecked, no doubt about it. The only problem is that the ten extra points will have come too late to have any effect :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 0987654321

You'll have to appeal....Thats a major problem I appealed a subject last year didnt come til nearly November!
    BTW compliments on an unreal project!

Damn I hate the SEC... No change.

Advertisement