Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The door-to-door / commission-only jobs thread (super dooper mega merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Out of curiosity, why don't you just state in your advert it is commission based door to door sales?

I have no issue whatsoever with door to door selling or commission based jobs, but surely it would make more sense to be upfront about the job so you only receive applicants from people interested in that sort of work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

These 'sales' companies would have a lot more credibility if they just stated they did door to door sales on their adverts. Typical deceit frankly, a really slimy business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

hi MkM direct, or ladder as you are also know.

you do realsie that i doubt you have ever had anyone who has actually failed the first round interview. as said above would it not be better to advertise the precise role from the outset? surely that would make more sense than bringing people into an office and talking about how managers can be made in 6 months and earn over 100k? it is well knwo that the only way to make a manager is to have a city which has a large enough population to credit a door to door marketing team. alos why dont you name clients? it would seem that only airtricity seem to employ companies like you.

to GOK-blue, if you read previous threads about PMD marketing and MkM marketing you will this user, also called ladder was exposed as a down and out lie in his posts, trying to deny he had ever worked for PMD and didnt know why he was listed with the same number, its the same guy who runs both. so all in all unless you have rich parents or a partner who can support you while you work 10-12 hours a day six days a week or are willing to live a very meager existance look somewhere else.

cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MkM Direct

Denerick wrote: »
    These 'sales' companies would have a lot more credibility if they just stated they did door to door sales on their adverts. Typical deceit frankly, a really slimy business.

Hi Denerick,
    thanks for your post, i do agree, that everyone should know that it is, starting out as field sales, and there is room for change, we do have clients that are event based and business to business, aswell as Business to consumer (door to door), it is in the first round interview that a person would be matched to which ever campaign they are best suited to, we do have a fast track to management system on offer as part of the role, again i would like to say it is direct sales and is hard work, and that these roles are not for everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

If you mentioned that fact on the job advertisement, rather than string people along, you would have a lot more credibility. End of. It is not in your interests to point out that this is a door to door sales job, so instead your industry tried to deceive people, promise them a magical management job, and generally proliferate the scam into uncountably large numbers of organisations that stem from a single host. A bit like a pack of wasps (Which are parasites) who all hail from the single Queen at the heart. A thoroughly dishonest industry that needs a lot of regulation frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MkM Direct

Out of curiosity, why don't you just state in your advert it is commission based door to door sales?

I have no issue whatsoever with door to door selling or commission based jobs, but surely it would make more sense to be upfront about the job so you only receive applicants from people interested in that sort of work?

Hi Mr. Loverman
    in our description it states that we are an out sourced direct sales company,and our key business areas are face to face sales and Marketing through business to business, business to consumer and event campaigns, so not every client is for D2D.
    The ads also state that salary is discussed at interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I can't believe these sort of companies are still around. I worked for Cobra Marketing a few years ago, I'm not sure if they are the same as this company but they are similar in how they operate.

The company works like this. Place really vague ad in local paper- "looking for you enthusiastic people to for 2 positions in marketing company". The reality is there are no "2 positions", whoever applies gets the job.

Next we have the interview. Usually, in an interview you are told how much money you make per hour, o and what the job is too- basic stuff. Not with these guys though. No, instead you have some wankshaft owner(I worked for 4 offices, I'm not generalizing they are all wankshafts), who tells you nothing about the job, deliberately misleads you about the job itself, and basically talks about how much money he makes a year and what sort of car he drives. You leave the interview more confused than ever but he tells you he likes your style and would have you back in the morning for a second interview.

The second interview isn't actually an interview at all. My second interview involved a drive from Galway to Moy Ross in central Knackerville Limerick where I followed a guy in a suit around a housing estate for 8 hours- fun times.

Then you go back to Galway, talk to the owner and bam you got the job! You work on really low commision, 30 % of your wages are "bonded" which you usually don't see back and you work 70 hour weeks for peanuts. And that isn't even half of what's wrong with these guys explained. Keep away from these guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

What amazes me is that an awful lot of ' cannon fodder ' out there fall for this line and fail to spot the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Arent these door to door companies easy to spot?

They all have stupid hyped up company names like - 'Total extreme marketing x LTD'

Followed by - 'need sales experience' & '100% commision'

II wouldnt blame the ad for misleading or the company being a scam as everybody knows what they're about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

MkM MArketing, Ladder, sean, what ever you want to call yourself.

You really should have a read back over some of your earlier posts, you have been cought out each and every time. i do agree that in this thread you are trying to be more honest, but as someone who has worked in PMD before you do fill people with a lot of sh1t. if you earned well over 100k a year, how coem you were never able to pick up the friday breakfast tab?

also even business to business sales require going from door to door, why dont you say that instead of business to business? also you should highlight that all expenses have to come from the operative and that you also offer very little in the way of helping with income tax allocation and have no way to show a worker how much tax they should pay, just tell them to get an accountant, which you should have as a credible employer.

i have also noted you avoid any direct answers to my questions in the thread and try to defend your company webpage.

also, yes moyross is a hole in the ground, but limerick on general isnt too bad :)

cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Keeb

I recently applied to all of those sales and marketing jobs on jobs.ie DB Organisation, ROAR Promotions and Carpe Diem are all in the same building, located on Talbot Street. Each of these companies had no regard for my CV and just wanted to know if I was over 18 and could work fulltime. I went for an interview with DB Organisation and succeeded to the second phase which was a 2hr presentation on the company. We were given a test afterwards on the content of the slides but unfortunatly, they did not select me for the next phase which would have been one week of calling door to door with no pay. Their working week consisted of 1 - 2.30 in office training. Then you would travel to the set location and sell sky door to door untill 8pm. One would get between 40 - 80 per sale and people average at 2 sales per day, so they said.
    I then went for an interview with XR Marketing in Dun Laoghaire. Clearwater marketing and MGM marketing also operate from the same building. These groups had much higher regard for CVs as it seemed. They also held group interviews and I have just spent the day shadowing someones sales. This company's training starts at 11 and you often would not finish work until half 9, then travel back to the office from the location and back home. It is a very long day and requires lots of motivation and ambition. My body is now aching from walking around all day yesterday. I was offered the job but was told I must work mon - fri 11 -11 basically, with no guarantee of pay. I just need to decide now whether I want to do it or not. This company sells eircom phonewatch alarm systems and 150 is what you get per sale.
    Both companies (DB and XR) certainly had an elimination process with only half of the applicants getting through from each phase. Both companies stressed strong sales skills and made it clear that if you were not an effective sales person, they would drop you. Both groups provided training in sales so that you could be an effective sales person.
    It is a very tough job and has the potential for huge earnings but also nothing. I am undecided whether or not I want to pursue it but I have more information on both groups if anyone wants to know more! Happy selling :)

Keeb wrote: »
    I recently applied to all of those sales and marketing jobs on jobs.ie DB Organisation, ROAR Promotions and Carpe Diem are all in the same building, located on Talbot Street. Each of these companies had no regard for my CV and just wanted to know if I was over 18 and could work fulltime. I went for an interview with DB Organisation and succeeded to the second phase which was a 2hr presentation on the company. We were given a test afterwards on the content of the slides but unfortunatly, they did not select me for the next phase which would have been one week of calling door to door with no pay. Their working week consisted of 1 - 2.30 in office training. Then you would travel to the set location and sell sky door to door untill 8pm. One would get between 40 - 80 per sale and people average at 2 sales per day, so they said.
    I then went for an interview with XR Marketing in Dun Laoghaire. Clearwater marketing and MGM marketing also operate from the same building. These groups had much higher regard for CVs as it seemed. They also held group interviews and I have just spent the day shadowing someones sales. This company's training starts at 11 and you often would not finish work until half 9, then travel back to the office from the location and back home. It is a very long day and requires lots of motivation and ambition. My body is now aching from walking around all day yesterday. I was offered the job but was told I must work mon - fri 11 -11 basically, with no guarantee of pay. I just need to decide now whether I want to do it or not. This company sells eircom phonewatch alarm systems and 150 is what you get per sale.
    Both companies (DB and XR) certainly had an elimination process with only half of the applicants getting through from each phase. Both companies stressed strong sales skills and made it clear that if you were not an effective sales person, they would drop you. Both groups provided training in sales so that you could be an effective sales person. Both groups operate under the COBRA brand.
    It is a very tough job and has the potential for huge earnings but also nothing. I am undecided whether or not I want to pursue it but I have more information on both groups if anyone wants to know more! Happy selling :)

It is a pity that the people who post anything positive about these outfits are always first time posters :rolleyes:
    Forgive my suspicious mind...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Delancey wrote: »
    It is a pity that the people who post anything positive about these outfits are always first time posters :rolleyes:

Let me help you with that then.

I worked for one of these companies for about 9 months many many moons ago. I was young (as where most of the office) it was commission only door to door sales and there were good and bad days. Some people had nothing but bad days and were generally gone after a couple of weeks.

It was possible to make reasonably good money though and at the time I was averaging somewhere between 60-80 a day. It was 9 months of experience that has stood me in great stead since though, and that's far more valuable than any money I may have made doing it.

If you're at a loose end, and you have little or no experience in the business world then a job like this could really help you out. You pick up and learn a huge amount; sales theory, customer interaction, interpersonal skills, teamwork, listening, focus, commitment, dealing with differing personalities, negotiation, pricing and margin decisions, public speaking and so on and so forth. The vast bulk of these are skills you can't learn from a course or a book, you have to learn them in real life situations and build upon them as you go.

With all that being said, I don't think I would want to be relying on a job like this right now and I don't think it's a job that many people will want to spend their lives doing. You can have really bad days (as with all sales jobs) but ultimately if you're learning your way and looking to develop new skillsets it's a reasonable opportunity to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I'm not first time poster by the only conomany i have gone for interview is Field management Ireland.
    I passed the interview it seems everyone does. I was invited to a first day on the job traininig which i went to.

But I've decided to bail as I do something on thursdays which I do all year.

According to their contract the working hours are 12:30 - 8pm Monday to Friday.

It's a good company which pay basic and commission.

From what I can sell from the training day on the field sales is a hard job. You might call to 100 houses in a day and you might get a sale that's how hard it's.

The government should abolish commission based sales only it's like slave labour.

Delancey, I googled sales and marketing jobs and was directed to boards.ie. After reading all the threads on door to door sales I thought it would be helpful for me to share what I learned from it with others hence my joining of boards.ie. So yes it was my first post but what has that got to do with anything? I did not relay the companies in a positive or negative light, I simply relayed the facts of them to try and help others. I don't see why you would bother stating that I'm a first time poster?? Am I supposed to be naiive because I have not always been a member of boards.ie? haha that's a bit ridiculous

Delancey, I googled sales and marketing jobs and was directed to boards.ie. After reading all the threads on door to door sales I thought it would be helpful for me to share what I learned from it with others hence my joining of boards.ie. So yes it was my first post but what has that got to do with anything? I did not relay the companies in a positive or negative light, I simply relayed the facts of them to try and help others. I don't see why you would bother stating that I'm a first time poster?? Am I supposed to be naiive because I have not always been a member of boards.ie? haha that's a bit ridiculous

The reason I commented on you being a first time poster is that in the numerous threads on these companies I have become used to first time posters who I suspect to be the promoters of these outfits poppping up saying xyz is a great place to work , etc.
    Your post mentions a selection process that is at odds with what others have experienced.
    Like I said , I have a terribly suspicious mind.....;)

The reason I commented on you being a first time poster is that in the numerous threads on these companies I have become used to first time posters who I suspect to be the promoters of these outfits poppping up saying xyz is a great place to work , etc.
    Your post mentions a selection process that is at odds with what others have experienced.
    Like I said , I have a terribly suspicious mind.....;)

Hmmm ok so you're saying that I work for one of these companies? I already said that I wasn't accepted into the first one. You think I'm favouring the selection process of the second one because they offered me the job? If you want my opinion on which is better I would have preferred to work for the first one as sky is easier to sell than security and the hours are much shorter. Also the training seemed more effective. However, as I said, they don't just take in anyone and they did not select me to go forward. The other company did choose me thankfully but as these jobs go, it's tough and I don't know whether or not to take it. How is the selection process at odss with what others have expereinced? From my experience, both groups eliminated some candidates at different stages for example both were group interviews. Not everyone in the interview got to the next stage and it was not because they were idiots, I thought they would have been quite good at the job. Anyway I'm going on a rant here am I'm not quite sure what you're saying but I am a student who applied to both and am just saying what I experienced! JEEZ :P and I can't believe I am justifying myself to someone I don't even know! I am an honest person!! Check out what else I wrote in other forums....STUDENT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Hey. Anyone know anything about these companies? They are advertising on jobs.ie and other known job sites. They seem to advertise 'sales' roles, but they don't elaborate anything else. It all seems very vague and secretive (and too good to be true, they seem to often hiring 25 positions). Anyone know anything about these? Thanks.

Cold calling , door to door , commission only and zero expenses which means you may find yourself out of pocket - shyte job that is best avoided.
    Take 5 minutes to look at all the threads in this forum about these sales and marketing outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

thanks Delancey. Some odd stories about that/those companies. Cheers for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

All the door-to-door/commission-only job threads are being moved into one thread from now on.

Please consider the words you use; we would rather we can keep these threads open, but if people continue to throw around libellous terms, then the threads will just have to be locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bods22

Hi there, I saw this thread come up on Google when I searched for one of these companies that appears on the list at the beginning. I recently graduated from a top Dublin college and as you can imagine when I got the call from this company asking me to come in for an interview I was over the moon. They made me give up a days worth of study during exam period to go on this "observation day". I followed a trainee and a manager while they flogged a certain product to people in villages all around Ireland. I was asked to be in the office for 12 and was told I would finish at 8. In reality we got back to the office at half 9 and while I was annoyed at this, when I was offered the job it sweetened the long day I had just had.

They described the job as being a "GREAT opportunity" with no experience required. Having come out of college on a high 2.1 in Business, I was a little put out by the fact that they did not realise that I was more than qualified for the position they were offering. Again, being a student desperate for a job, I happily accepted, not realising what I was gettin myself in for. I started last friday, and when I came in I was surrounded by most of the people who had gone for interviews the same day as myself. Everyone, it seemed, had gotten the job too. We did some bonding exercises in thie room where they have music blaring in an attempt to get your creativity buzzing and to give off the effect of a "cool" company. In my first meeting that I had that morning, I was speaking with a girl(the manager) about 2 years older than myself, who stressed the BENEFITS of her dropping out of college to become a part of this company, where you need no degree and can earn SO much money. A similar story ran throughout the company as a whole, with people regailing their stories of how they were stuck in a tough course when they got this "opportunity" and have never looked back. I wonder what they will do however, if this company ever goes bust and they have no qualifications whatsoever.

After my meeting I was taken out onto the road where we drove for 1.5 hours and proceeded to do door to door sales. I had not had much product training to do with said product, yet was thrown in front of someones door to try and sell it to them. It wasn't about product knowledge or marketing skills, it was basically how friendly and outgoing you were that made people feel obliged to buy it from you. Case in point, an old man with an oxygen mask at one of the doors spoke with one of the salespeople for at least 30 minutes, in which time the seller listened to their problems sympathised with them and then slyly convinced them they needed the product because they wouldnt be able to buy presents they might need otherwise, Sick.

We went for lunch at about 4, NOT paid for, and which lasted about 20 minutes. There are no breaks in this job. Just "stopping to get lunch that isn't paid for by the company". It was my first day, yet I was guilted into paying for half the petrol. Funnily enough the person asking for petrol from the newcomer with no money was the same person that throughout the 1.5 hour car journey, filled me with stories about how they are earning 500-1000 a DAY! Yet they ask me for a 5er petrol on my first day, as a broke student.

We did not arrive back in the office until 9, yet my job description stated I would be finished at 8. I then had to hang around the office while they quizzed me on "what I had learned from the day". I then had to get a 40 minute bus home meaning i arrived at my house at 10:30, having begun my work day at 10:15 that morning.
    The ad was advertising a "Cosmetic Marketing position" and I hadn't realised there was such a scandal going on behind all of these companies, which would have set alarm bells off in my head immediately, had I known otherwise.

I started the job under the impression that my hours would decrease as time went on, but on the contrary, a manager is expected to put in more hours, to earn more of a profit. Like a previous commenter above, I was being pressurised to work saturdays, otherwise they would not consider me as someone with ambition who wanted to get to the top. Oh ye, and you don't get paid for saturdays. SHOCKER.
    As an educated person, i'm annoyed at myself for falling for such garbage about earning 100,000 within a YEAR. Sounded to good to be true, and it was.

After reading this thread and scanning the internet intently, I realised that this job could cost me more in the long term than I wished to give up. The hours never change so you are basically giving uup your life for the sake of earning a good wage for extremely hard work. Pretty much 5 days a week 10-10, Saturday 9-5 and ALL commision based, no expenses paid. You also have to register as self employed therefore have no health insurance benefits etc. I quit today. The policy I had to sign was not a job contract, merely a piece of paper stating that the products in my possession were my responsibilty. A line on the "contract" stated that at ANY moment either the employer or employee can terminate the agreement, verbally or written. This implies to me, that once they've used you to the best of their ability, they can tell you that " you're not coming along as fast as they hoped" or "you're not right for the job".

I hope this post will give people an insight into what to expect from going to these interviews and once they start their job. Your hours will NOT decrease, they just get worse. I questioned them on this thouroughly before making my decision to leave. Personally, the lure of more money cannot make up for the fact I would never see my family or friends and would basically become a rich (or so they say) recluse.

This type of job would suit a student looking for a bit of part-time work and cash in hand, but not a long term career opportunity. Do not fall for it!! :cool:

That was really helpful, thanks! But unfortunatly, I have been sitting at home for a month now having finished exams, doing nothing and have applied everywhere for a job! This is the only thing I've been offered so I think I'm gonna give it a go, otherwise I'll go crazy at home. I'll post up what I learn there, going in for training days on thurs and fri :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bods22

Keep your wits about you and try not to fall for the lure of great opportunities. Look out for all the things I mentioned that will most likely say to you. It's done to a script. Never the less, it will stand to you that you tried out the job and it wasn't for you. You'll get a little bit of experience in some sort of way with regard to direct selling. Which company are you applying for? Please let me know how it goes!

PS- wear comfy shoes and bring clothes for all types of weather!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

That was really helpful, thanks! But unfortunatly, I have been sitting at home for a month now having finished exams, doing nothing and have applied everywhere for a job! This is the only thing I've been offered so I think I'm gonna give it a go, otherwise I'll go crazy at home. I'll post up what I learn there, going in for training days on thurs and fri :)

just look for ones that say basic and commission like field management Ireland.

it doesn't hurt to call them to clarify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ladder

allibastor wrote: »
    MkM MArketing, Ladder, sean, what ever you want to call yourself.

You really should have a read back over some of your earlier posts, you have been cought out each and every time. i do agree that in this thread you are trying to be more honest, but as someone who has worked in PMD before you do fill people with a lot of sh1t. if you earned well over 100k a year, how coem you were never able to pick up the friday breakfast tab?

also even business to business sales require going from door to door, why dont you say that instead of business to business? also you should highlight that all expenses have to come from the operative and that you also offer very little in the way of helping with income tax allocation and have no way to show a worker how much tax they should pay, just tell them to get an accountant, which you should have as a credible employer.

i have also noted you avoid any direct answers to my questions in the thread and try to defend your company webpage.

also, yes moyross is a hole in the ground, but limerick on general isnt too bad :)

cheers.
    Hi All,

I just wanted to write in an explain about a company called MkM Direct. i have read the previous threads about them and must agree totally. i had gone for an interview with PMD marketing around a year or so ago. needless to say it didnt go very far.

i had looked into MkM marketing before any threads were posted and went in just to Drop a CV in. Funny that the same guy who ran PMD is also running this place from the exact same office, wearing the same suit he had on last year. he didnt remember me and asked if i wanted a chat as i was there so i said ok for the hell of it.

what a load of non-sense, it was the exact same speil as last time, when i said i was on the dole and asked what to do about comming off it i was told that as i would be down as self employed he had no concern about if i came off it or not. what kind of employer would neglect to say that you must come off the dole???

anyway i just wanted to put the word out there, the website make look nice and official but it is the EXACT same company as before, even has a few familiar faces in the office who are still doing the same job a year later, even though we were told we should be running an office inside a year.

thanks all
    Tis a true post, if these companies were so proud of how they do business why do they hide behind lies and promises. company owners telling you how they earn well over a hundred grand or more a year.

another dodgy company is XL marketing from kilkenny. i have had loads of people from this call to my door looking to sell airtricity, even though i had signed up a year ago. they just seem to decend on an estate an call to everyone, i must get 3 calls a month. if they were such a professional company surely they should have a data monitoring system which would show exisiting customers at the least.

thanks
    Hi Guys, and especially scooby.

i have also had experiance both working for these types of companies and seeing how they operate. when i did my interviews you were told half truths,and a good few lies. yes there were upfront about the fact you would be on commision, but as to how that works eg tax and welfare and such you were not told at any stage. also the commisions only works if the entire sale goes through, a customer can still cancel and order days after and you get nothing for your trouble.
    there is also a lot of information left unanswered in when you are given your product. you could not leave any info with customers or could not give any factual answers as you are told to avoid them with side leading questions and very hard line sales designed to really push consumers.

also from the other side of the fence we have employed in my current role a direct marketing company for a product launch, but removed them very quickley due to complaints from customers. these mainly centered on very young and in-experianced staff who knew little to nothing about the product and were very evasive to answering questions. there were other issues regarding employee insurance and tax that i will not go into.

all in all some companies may have genuine jobs, and listen up scooby, but they do hide a lot of information from you in the hopes that you will come on board with half notions of what to expect and how much you can earn. many people who said they would make 500+ a week were often signing on and were always asking for petrol money etc fro the new commers.

regards
    hi MkM direct, or ladder as you are also know.

you do realsie that i doubt you have ever had anyone who has actually failed the first round interview. as said above would it not be better to advertise the precise role from the outset? surely that would make more sense than bringing people into an office and talking about how managers can be made in 6 months and earn over 100k? it is well knwo that the only way to make a manager is to have a city which has a large enough population to credit a door to door marketing team. alos why dont you name clients? it would seem that only airtricity seem to employ companies like you.

to GOK-blue, if you read previous threads about PMD marketing and MkM marketing you will this user, also called ladder was exposed as a down and out lie in his posts, trying to deny he had ever worked for PMD and didnt know why he was listed with the same number, its the same guy who runs both. so all in all unless you have rich parents or a partner who can support you while you work 10-12 hours a day six days a week or are willing to live a very meager existance look somewhere else.

cheers.
    not every post is true on these threads here is an example of that.

I would like to say that there are so many of these posts that are true, i own a company and i can confirm that i came through the field, when i did it was hard work and most weeks i did earn between 400 and 500 per week, and some weeks i didnt.
    If you are reading this and are just looking for a job then, these positions are not for you, if you are looking for something that you can make money in then maybe its for you but be warned its not easy, its hard work and direct sales is not for everyone, it takes a few weeks to learn how to sell direct face to face if you have never done it before, and there is alot of rejection. If you are looking for a career in sales and want to run your own company then this is again, only maybe for you, it is 100% commission based and you are self employed, there is no basic salary at any stage, running your own company means you only get paid for the results you get.

Thanks for that long and informative post bods22.

I laughed at some of the points you made like the so-called mentor who while bragging about how much money he gets is dressed in rags and begging petrol money or a loan for a sandwich ! Many others have reported identical experiences.

At the moment one of these outfits is recruiting on job.ie ( shame on them for running these ' job ' adverts ) and they won't even give their name - it just goes to show what an awful set up these companies are. Their reputation is appalling and richly deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭col89

Thanks for the great replies about this company(s). I received a phone call today to tell me that my CV was selected for a premium interview and chance to start my career in sales and merchandising. But after looking further into their website - that is, the ROAR Promotions website - it seemed that they had very little to say about what their company actually does, but that it DOES give *GREAT OPPORTUNITIES* for individuals with no qualifications, whatsoever. As a recently qualified student, I don't think I'm desperate enough to go for the position, so I'll lay low until something better comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Thanks for that long and informative post bods22.

I laughed at some of the points you made like the so-called mentor who while bragging about how much money he gets is dressed in rags and begging petrol money or a loan for a sandwich ! Many others have reported identical experiences.

At the moment one of these outfits is recruiting on job.ie ( shame on them for running these ' job ' adverts ) and they won't even give their name - it just goes to show what an awful set up these companies are. Their reputation is appalling and richly deserved.

A lad telling me that he'd have to be in the office at 8am then off at 7ish, then he'd be up till around 9 or 10pm doing call backs (calling back people that signed up but didnt have their bank details) - all this and a lot of the time he didnt get a single penny for a days work.

• Advertisement

I know I've said it before but these outfits seem to be able to procure a steady stream of ' cannon fodder ' . Some people seem blissfully unaware of what they get themselves into.

Advertisement