Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭morninwood

My Trek. It's a tripple I know but that'll change eventually. I promise.

SUW7B63DO2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

morninwood wrote: »
    My Trek. It's a tripple I know but that'll change eventually. I promise.

Nice bike, and nothing wrong with Triple!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Ti cage. Very light and hold bottle gud unt tight. Anybody bought anything from Israel? I just got letter from customs. . My "uhegra braktes" are held until I send them a copy of paypal receipt so they know extactly what I paid for them. Sneaky feckers anyway round this? Photoshop the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

I just got letter from customs. . My "uhegra braktes" are held until I send them a copy of paypal receipt so they know extactly what I paid for them. Sneaky feckers anyway round this? Photoshop the receipt?

Photoshopping a receipt to send to customs sounds like a fantastic idea, cant see anything that could possibly go wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I flew home from Spain the other week and I got quizzed by customs about my bike. As I was walking through the blue channel some customs chap came flying over and asks, in manner which led me to believe I was smuggling hardcore drugs, whether or not that is a new bike in my bag.

I told him that it is definitely not new, so he asked am I sure. I was very sure, so I opened the bag a bit so he could see it. I guess he was watching for a reaction. He took the missus' word for it on hers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

After two years on my hybrid, finally i got my first road bike.

154551.jpg

154552.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Raam wrote: »
    I flew home from Spain the other week and I got quizzed by customs about my bike. As I was walking through the blue channel some customs chap came flying over and asks, in manner which led me to believe I was smuggling hardcore drugs, whether or not that is a new bike in my bag.

I told him that it is definitely not new, so he asked am I sure. I was very sure, so I opened the bag a bit so he could see it. I guess he was watching for a reaction. He took the missus' word for it on hers.

Wouldn't matter either way as long as it was bought in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Rew wrote: »
    Wouldn't matter either way as long as it was bought in the EU

Yeah that's what I was thinking. All the flights in at the time were EU too. Unless there's something we both don't know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah that's what I was thinking. All the flights in at the time were EU too. Unless there's something we both don't know?

Probably a US flight at the same time as yours

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Babalons

OMG not only do you have a bionicon (golden willow i presume? whats the spec on it? i saw xtr brakes :eek: ) but you have basically the same bench :D the world is funny sometimes haha

Love the look and idea behind these bikes, Where did ye purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Babalons wrote: »
    Love the look and idea behind these bikes, Where did ye purchase?

i bought it second hand, but i can give you details for one of their dealers in the uk if you wish, ive been in touch with him an awful lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Babalons

i bought it second hand, but i can give you details for one of their dealers in the uk if you wish, ive been in touch with him an awful lot :D

Cheers thanks, pass on the info.

Babalons wrote: »
    Cheers thanks, pass on the info.

sent you on a pm with his email

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

twinsen wrote: »
    After two years on my hybrid, finally i got my first road bike.

How are you finding it? I was thinking of getting the Peloton myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i nearly bougth 2010 peleton, they have blinged up the 2011 verision bit with those wheels, im on the 2010 attempt, cubes are good value, ride can be bit though, but doesnt bother me so much, il be out this sunday be good see that bike in flesh

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

I only just bought that yesterday, so had only chance to go for a quick spin today after work, did about 20 km. So far i find it really fast, it feels like i don't need to change gears all the time, you just push pedal and it just goes, very light , seat is not bad, breaks bit worse than v breaks i have on my trek hybrid, but still good(tiagra).
    To early to say something else, planning to do about 80 tomorrow, that should let me tell you bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭julio_iglayzis

My super happy fun times machine.
    2011 Trek Fuel Ex 6. It makes me very happy.
    img5000wx.jpg

img5002l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Nice view! And nice bike too :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you had travelled from Spain there is no problem so far as VAT and duties are concerned - you could have bought a new one and imported it tax free under EU rules

My super happy fun times machine.
    2011 Trek Fuel Ex 6. It makes me very happy.

ahh a fellow white mtber :D lovely looking bike but i bet its a pain to clean just like mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

180694_1681986322505_1022991753_31840217_2270215_n.jpg

Sweenox wrote: »
    180694_1681986322505_1022991753_31840217_2270215_n.jpg

now this is what im talking about :eek: we need more of this on this forum right now

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

Thanks,I think thats the only time it was actually clean haha

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭julio_iglayzis

i bet its a pain to clean just like mine

You've said it.
    Finding a place to clean it is a problem too - I used to do it out on the balcony in that photo - until a few weeks back in high winds I managed to get a mixture of mud, shlomp and chain degreaser the whole way down the front of the building.
    It had just been repainted.
    Whoops.:o

You've said it.
    Finding a place to clean it is a problem too - I used to do it out on the balcony in that photo - until a few weeks back in high winds I managed to get a mixture of mud, shlomp and chain degreaser the whole way down the front of the building.
    It had just been repainted.
    Whoops.:o

nice haha

Hmm turns out those bottles cages are pretty solid. Pity about rest of it(Look at headtube).. Warranty case now. I will explain after I get a replacement.:)
    68c37_thumb.jpg85c3c_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Hmm turns out those bottles cages are pretty solid. Pity about rest of it(Look at headtube).. Warranty case now. I will explain after I get a replacement.:)

Ouch! Hope getting a replacement goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Can all them headset spacers really crack a frame?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

EF4DC3A0B9574E2DA18CEB4E8278B7CC-0000333844-0002259215-01024L-C736BE2BA1C64F4DBAF7EC45CAC361A6.jpg

I'll take some tasteful shots someday.

• Advertisement

gman2k wrote: »
    Can all them headset spacers really crack a frame?:D
    5 spins in total loads of time to play around with spacers. Shop sold me the bike fitted with an unbranded fork which wasnt part of the spec. Steerer was cut very long for 52 frame. All noted for claim.

Advertisement