Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo Staff Member Commits Suicide - Sean Fitzpatrick still laughing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Sean Fitzpatrick should be tried for economic treason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

At least he's still in the country!
    A lot of the rest scarpered and were allowed do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

To be fair, this isn't Sean Fitzpatrick's fault.

It's the fault of the morons who have been/are giving ordinary staff members abuse because of who they're working for.

Standing outside abusing people going in and out of the building? Animals. They're to blame for this guy's death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

why bother with a trial , hes guilty , hang him now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I agree that the public giving abuse to Anglo staff members is not on. That's like giving abuse to any customer service rep, anywhere. Even when frustrated with a company I make a point to tell them "I know this is not your fault, and I'm sorry if I sound agitated," and I find they respond well to that.

How and ever, I also agree that Seanie needs to at the very least find himself chain ganged to a bunch of other jokers who were in the top tiers of Irish society and economy and sent out to clean the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Colour me not surprised, at all. Sure how much did the taxpayer fork out for the Mahon Tribunal, that proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bertie was as crooked as a 7 euro note. That tribunal (which is ongoing) cost us literally millions, and what was the outcome, where was the punishment??? The rich and powerful of this country are laughing their asses off because they NEVER pay for their crimes EVER. But Joe public? Joe public is ****ed until Joe public gets angry and demands change, but I've been waiting to jump aboard that ship for the last couple of years but I really think Irish Society have lost their passion, the lads that died for our independence must be sorry they bothered!!! We've exchanged the English for FF, I know I feel like a serf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Very sad :(

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I feel bad for that guy's wife & kids. In this case, it did say they moved him to a non-public facing role so Anglo did what they could for him. Jesus, just quit* - the only people that should be swinging for this are Seanie, Fingers & co.

*yeah, easy for me to say I know but still, I'd give unemployment a go before the noose. It's not like his wife & kids will be getting any insurance money now or anything. Sorry to be critical of the guy but I've seen this sort of thing in my own life and it's frustrating to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

This turns my stomach. People should be ashamed of themselves.

My heart goes out to his wife and kids. R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

danbohan wrote: »
    why bother with a trial , hes guilty , hang him now
    trial by media?

We are now one step away from mob rule.

• Advertisement

Insurgent wrote: »
    This turns my stomach. People should be ashamed of themselves.
    My heart goes out to his wife and kids. R.I.P.
    Amen.

If the actual un-informed, uneducated spitting assholes of this country want to vent their anger, well the Dail opens up shortly.
    Go to the gates of that building and protest there! Its not as if there isn't enough reason!

Interesting read: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blogs/ireland/as-dil-returns-from-12-week-break-things-are-going-to-get-ugly-p44.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

The two events are not linked. Giving abuse to the ordinary workers in Anglo is not on, obviously if such things are happening they should be reported to the Gardai. Official protests are a different thing entirely, and people should be encouraged to channel their aggro through them.

No one should feel sorry for Seanie Fitzpatrick, he's not on the dole, he's not on the breadline, he doesn't actually live on 188 a month. All his assets are legally held by his wife and children so they are legally offlimits to the authorities of the state.

Obviously, at least he stayed around and is cooperating with the relevant authorities, unlike Brendan Drumm and Co. who scampered off to the far corners of the earth like current and future generations have been condemned to do.

There was a triangle of culpable persons: Developers > Bankers > Government. To date, very few of these have paid any price for their deliberate greed and subsequent destruction of people's lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Looks to be a case of the same incoherent anger that sustains a typical audience on The Frontline except this time it had actual (negative) consequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

From OP's Indo link
    There were extraordinary scenes following the brief court appearance when the disgraced banker was given a warm welcome in the Barrister's Tea Room in the Four Courts.
    A number of lawyers gathered in the law library's restaurant, shook his hand and joined him for mid-morning tea.

I think I'm going to be sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

today independant newspaper

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...t-2349465.html

everyone has to use the four courts entrance facing the river unless you have the ID to use the law library entrance, city centre end, side street, which means that your are a barrister, solicitor, courts service employee, or still a protected insider..sean fitzpatrick

this guy is no longer laughing up his sleeve at us, he is just laughing at us..:cool:

one rule for some
    another rule for everybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Obviously I feel sorry for the man's family but he was part of a criminal organisation that has stolen 10s of thousands of euros fom each of us and he benefitted financially from this. Getting called cunts or being spat at is a very small price for what has been done to the country, no matter what level of the organisation they work at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I wonder when some poor fellow who is down on his last penny, wondering how he'll feed his two kids, will decide for a murder-suicide involving Seanie.

Not that I'd advise such a course.

Just the murder would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

latenia wrote: »
    Obviously I feel sorry for the man's family but he was part of a criminal organisation that has stolen 10s of thousands of euros fom each of us and he benefitted financially from this. Getting called cunts or being spat at is a very small price for what has been done to the country, no matter what level of the organisation they work at.

Are you serious? **** off out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Obviously I feel sorry for the man's family but he was part of a criminal organisation that has stolen 10s of thousands of euros fom each of us and he benefitted financially from this.
    Bull****. That's the most specious reasoning I've ever heard. He benefitted financially because he was just doing a job. It could have been any bank or any institution. Unless he sat at the table that made the decisions, then he cannot possibly be liable for the decisions that they made.

As far as he knew, he was just working in a bank. His former employer screwed up, his employer was taken over by a new board. At no point was this guy involved with, or to blame for what Anglo Irish have done. His continuing employment there does not make him share in the blame.

In before the Godwin:
    No, this has zero resemblence to members of the German Army during WWII.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onedaylikethis

From OP's Indo link

I think I'm going to be sick

Yea, this is definitely vomit inducing. We Irish have always loved a rogue but this man is a parasite who should and i reckon will be brought to justice eventually. The ordinary bank employees get abuse and the top men get a pat on the back and a round of golf with the rest of their elite cronies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Cop to fcuk on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

george hook on newstalk was getting grumpy when sean fitzpatrick got lifted by the gardai one morning with tipped off journalists, (pantomime)

george wants to be part of the in crowd who live near the sea in south dublin..

fitzpatrick is still being protected by some of these folks

another evening george hook described how his mother and grandmother would take the bus to bring food to his special needs aunt who was confined to a facility in cork city where the food was bad and in small amounts

let me spell this out..because of the greed of people like sean fitzpatrick - the very basics of a very basic life for vulnerable irish people will be undermined further, food will be bad and in small amounts for people like george hook's late aunt

and Fitzpatrick has the lack of shame or personal insight to not laugh into the faces of the irish:cool:

in america they go to jail
    in ireland they continue golfing
    you may not believe in irish faeries, leprachauns or the 'little people'
    but david drumm sean fitzpatrick and others know the 'little people' exist, its you and I buddy
    you and I
    'the great appear great because you are on your knees, rise' Jim Larkin, statue, OConnell street Dublin 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

moonpurple wrote: »
    one rule for some
    another rule for everybody else?

Eh yes, are you surprised by that? There is very clear dividing line in this country between the "real" people and the rest of us. People would be better off waking up to this fact, tearing the country apart brick-by-brick (or suit-by-suit) and starting again rather than focusing all their energy on wishing some guy token prison time for what is effectively the cumulative folly of a boys club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The most pathetic post anyone will read on boards.ie today....or possibly longer.

Has a single banker been charged with malfeasance?

I would get banned for posting what I really would want to say in response to that post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

No this man was just a working stiff, he had no say or inkling as to what the the big men like Seanie were doing. Its one thing to despise someone for doing you wrong but this guy was nothing more than a tiny blinking LED in the Anglo machine. You should save your bile and ire for the men behind the curtain that truly deserve it and not waste it on the ordinary folk in the front office. They are average people like you and me who never so much as had a whiff of the good times so why should they suffer our belated anger and rage now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

you are joking ....right??:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

You really are a stupid and ignorant ****. Your post is by far the most pathetic I have ever seen. Go **** yourself.
    Mod note: Poster banned for this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Whether Stephen Doyle couldn't cope with the abuse he was receiving is not the problem. The issue I have is that he left his wife and two nine month old daughters behind like that. I can't respect a man who would do something so selfish, so I won't be giving my condolences to the man. Instead I pray for the family that they will be able to cope now without him. I'm not sure if the wife works or not but these are hard economical times, and if the wife is taken care of the children then who is out bringing in the wages to support the family?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I can't respect a man who would do something so selfish

I suggest you learn about suicide before making remarks like that.

Advertisement