Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most frightened you've ever been?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

I'm so sorry for your loss FoxT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Jaysus, what did your father say? What year was this?
    it scared him rotton, he was there for us after that, and this was the quiet contryside, it has stayed with me.
    i have reared my own and never let them out of my sight until they each had their first cars, i carried them everywhere, even it it was only half a mile, even when they were eighteen, as i knew too well what could happen,
    god was at our sides that day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Myself and a few mates were in a strip club in Toronto (it was on the way home :p) and we were at a table having a few beers enjoying the view. Then this scots fella comes up and asks us if we were blue or green, we said green we suppose and he said that was a good thing and sat with us.
    He seemed to be pretty coked up and asking us our story, we told him how we were backpacking. He then took $2000 out of his pocket and threw it on the table and asked us to enjoy our trip.
    We couldnt take it though and told him that we wouldnt and he ended up spending it on us anyway (private rooms, champage and tequila :D).
    At the end of the night we saw him having some words with an asian fella at the door and when we came out he was roaring in the window of this merc and kicked the car which then tore off.
    He said that we better wait where we are outside the club but wouldnt tell us what happened. He just kept asking us if we could fight! We said well we can handle ourselves but whats happening? He then said those boys and me dont get on because of business, they'll be back soon and they could have guns but stand your ground, remember that ye're green.
    Well we said thanks for the night but cheerio we're fcuking out of here! This was in a particualrly seedy part of town, our hostel a ten minute walk away and we shat ourselves the who way home, thought every car was a potential drive by

It's weird as that seems to strike a memory with me. Where was this?
    kerry

also my brother was asking me if i would go to psychic with him see would they bring back to us
    the number of the car, it was a black poplar as far as i know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Myself and a few mates were in a strip club in Toronto (it was on the way home :p) and we were at a table having a few beers enjoying the view. Then this scots fella comes up and asks us if we were blue or green, we said green we suppose and he said that was a good thing and sat with us.
    He seemed to be pretty coked up and asking us our story, we told him how we were backpacking. He then took $2000 out of his pocket and threw it on the table and asked us to enjoy our trip.
    We couldnt take it though and told him that we wouldnt and he ended up spending it on us anyway (private rooms, champage and tequila :D).
    At the end of the night we saw him having some words with an asian fella at the door and when we came out he was roaring in the window of this merc and kicked the car which then tore off.
    He said that we better wait where we are outside the club but wouldnt tell us what happened. He just kept asking us if we could fight! We said well we can handle ourselves but whats happening? He then said those boys and me dont get on because of business, they'll be back soon and they could have guns but stand your ground, remember that ye're green.
    Well we said thanks for the night but cheerio we're fcuking out of here! This was in a particualrly seedy part of town, our hostel a ten minute walk away and we shat ourselves the who way home, thought every car was a potential drive by
    good ol' toronto for ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Woke up in the middle of the night after hearing my front door get kicked in.
    I clearly heard more than one person crashing around downstairs and had enough sense about to realise that as a woman on her own it was probably best to let them steal what they wanted and leave.
    The 4 scum bags decided differently and slammed into my bedroom, tore my bedclothes off and screamed at me. I was lying there in my pyjamas while they stood over me with crow bars and hoodies!
    They left, due to my neighbours shouting that the police were coming.

I can honestly say the sound of them coming up the stairs was the scariest moment of my life!

I now have 6 hurls stashed around the house, I doubt I'd ever be brave enough - but I do entertain the fanatasy that if such scum came near my house again they'd get a quick intruduction to Camogie, minus the slither

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I remember round about 1982 or 83 when I was 11 I saw a documentary about what would happen if a nuclear warhead hit London. It described all the effects, the blast, the firestorm and the fallout, all in the minutest detail, what would happen to the people and everything around us, both during and after the bomb, what things would be like for the survivors and how those survivors would die... It scared the living crap out of me. I really was in fear of my life, and for everybody!
    I downloaded that off some torrent site a few years ago it's called Threads. It was seriously graphic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

When I was a young ,around 12 or so ,the mates and I use to play a game where you press against each others chests and faint.
    It didn't happen for anyone ,but come my turn ,I became dead for a minute or so and I had a huge bump on my head to prove it. The lads let me go when I passed out thinking I was faking it ,but I fell head first to the ground with a crack!

It was fun at the time ,but by jaysus it's scary thinking about it now.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

goat2 wrote: »
    kerry

also my brother was asking me if i would go to psychic with him see would they bring back to us
    the number of the car, it was a black poplar as far as i know
    When brother was 5 he was out on a drive with my aunty in Kerry and some nut case started smashing the side of the car with a sledge hammer. Nothing was done about it though as he was never found by the Guards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Jaysus Kerry must be Bandit country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Was walking home late one night years ago when I became aware that there was a bloke walking behind me. Got freaked out a bit by it so I crossed the road and seconds later he crossed the road too,
    I waited a few more mins and crossed back the road again which he did too:eek:
    At this point I was well fcuking freaked out and just ran like mad. He didn't run after me but jesus was I scared.....

I think the fcuker was only messing with me but what a ****ty thing to do to a woman walking on her own:mad:

SugarHigh wrote: »
    When brother was 5 he was out on a drive with my aunty in Kerry and some nut case started smashing the side of the car with a sledge hammer. Nothing was done about it though as he was never found by the Guards.
    the car was one thing
    but i still dread to think what this dangerous person would have done to our skulls if he got to us, still wonder what he had in mind to do to us if he caught up with us,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

easy 1 this,my first experiment with the privates on the top bunk.i thought i was goin to take off,
    and yes there were other people in the house at the time but once i reached the point of no return i didn't give a toss,made more than the required amount of noise for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

The biggest fright I ever got though was walking home from a friends house about 3am about 7yrs ago. I'd had a few beers and was quite merry. As I was walking home there is a dark alley known for older teenagers hanging around drinking and smoking as it's very dark. I'd often take the long way home due to this as they can be trouble makers but this time I went on ahead as it was so late they were unlikely to be there. I walked down the dark lane.......only to come face to face with a Rottweiler the size of a small horse. Well I've never been more scared in my life. I froze trying to think of what to do. My mind was racing and my stomach felt like I had swallowed a building block, I honestly thought I was going to be lucky to get away with my life. I looked around for a stick or a brick, anything to help me defend myself.......then the dog made a "Hurrrrr" sound similar to Scooby Doo, He walked towards me and nuzzled it's head into my hand. The relief!!! He had no collar so I walked him home in my merry state. Cooked him a stake and put him to sleep in my kitchen. The fright my cousin I was living with at the time got when he came down for his breakfast was probably just as bad as mine. LOL. Brought him to the vet that day and he had no Microchip, We put posters up around town but nobody claimed him. I called him Samson and he became my best friend for the next 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I remember round about 1982 or 83 when I was 11 I saw a documentary about what would happen if a nuclear warhead hit London. It described all the effects, the blast, the firestorm and the fallout, all in the minutest detail, what would happen to the people and everything around us, both during and after the bomb, what things would be like for the survivors and how those survivors would die... It scared the living crap out of me. I really was in fear of my life, and for everybody!

That's Threads. I watched it a few years ago; I can honestly say it's the scariest film I've ever seen; really disturbing stuff. I can only imagine what it must have been like for an eleven year-old :S

As for myself, I was inter railing with a friend and we had just arrived in Vienna. I had just woken up so I was tired, dazed and confused. We arrived at a pedestrian crossing and I noticed that my shoelaces were untied. We were standing right at the edge of the road and for some reason I decided to bend over and tie them. My friend immediately pulled me back, and at that moment, a van flew by inches in front of me. If my friend hadn't been so quick my head would most definitely have been hit.

For the next hour or so I kept reliving it and as I grew more lucid I grew more terrified. Still shudder when I remember it; all you need is one senseless moment like that to make a crucial mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eldel

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    When I was a young ,around 12 or so ,the mates and I use to play a game where you press against each others chests and faint.
    It didn't happen for anyone ,but come my turn ,I became dead for a minute or so and I had a huge bump on my head to prove it. The lads let me go when I passed out thinking I was faking it ,but I fell head first to the ground with a crack!

It was fun at the time ,but by jaysus it's scary thinking about it now.:eek:

Christ, we used to do that too. How on earth did we get away with it? It was a craze at my school. Wonder if they still do that, doesn't bear thinking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 xxlily87xx

Was walking home late one night years ago when I became aware that there was a bloke walking behind me. Got freaked out a bit by it so I crossed the road and seconds later he crossed the road too,
    I waited a few more mins and crossed back the road again which he did too:eek:
    At this point I was well fcuking freaked out and just ran like mad. He didn't run after me but jesus was I scared.....

I think the fcuker was only messing with me but what a ****ty thing to do to a woman walking on her own:mad:
    I know how ya feel same thing happened me a few years ago except there was two men that seemed to be following me, only thing was when i ran they ran after me and one caught up wit me and assaulted me, ended up wit bruises and a big bite mark on my neck. That was a truly terrifying experience for me and i wouldn wish it on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

When I was about 7, I was in West Cork on my uncle's farm.
    My Dad and me went out to one of the fields by the house to see a new calf that'd been born recently. We walked around a bit til we found the little calf dozing under some gorse bushes, next thing I remember hearing a dull thudding sound getting louder and louder. We both turned around to see the calf's very angry mother barrelling through a gateway from the next field and heading straight for us.

I remember feeling like I wanted to run but instead started scrambling up my Dad like a squirrel up a tree, and then she just came to a screeching halt right in front of us and just stood there staring at my Dad with a 7 year old girl perched on his head.

I'll never forget the fright I got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Eldel wrote: »
    Christ, we used to do that too. How on earth did we get away with it? It was a craze at my school. Wonder if they still do that, doesn't bear thinking about.

Yep indeed ,all done in innocence ,which is hard to come by these days.

xxlily87xx wrote: »
    I know how ya feel same thing happened me a few years ago except there was two men that seemed to be following me, only thing was when i ran they ran after me and one caught up wit me and assaulted me, ended up wit bruises and a big bite mark on my neck. That was a truly terrifying experience for me and i wouldn wish it on anyone.
    did you ever find out who they were
    how are you now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

The biggest fright I ever got though was walking home from a friends house about 3am about 7yrs ago. I'd had a few beers and was quite merry. As I was walking home there is a dark alley known for older teenagers hanging around drinking and smoking as it's very dark. I'd often take the long way home due to this as they can be trouble makers but this time I went on ahead as it was so late they were unlikely to be there. I walked down the dark lane.......only to come face to face with a Rottweiler the size of a small horse. Well I've never been more scared in my life. I froze trying to think of what to do. My mind was racing and my stomach felt like I had swallowed a building block, I honestly thought I was going to be lucky to get away with my life. I looked around for a stick or a brick, anything to help me defend myself.......then the dog made a "Hurrrrr" sound similar to Scooby Doo, He walked towards me and nuzzled it's head into my hand. The relief!!! He had no collar so I walked him home in my merry state. Cooked him a stake and put him to sleep in my kitchen. The fright my cousin I was living with at the time got when he came down for his breakfast was probably just as bad as mine. LOL. Brought him to the vet that day and he had no Microchip, We put posters up around town but nobody claimed him. I called him Samson and he became my best friend for the next 4 years.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

When I was 13 my Dad was an eejit and left me on my own in a very dodgy neighbourhood in L.A late at night while he went to find my Mam and I came across a not so nice guy. It's definitely the most frightened I've ever been. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

About three years ago, I was at home in my parents house for the weekend, in the middle of nowhere. Everyone was out. I took a shower and when I got out, I saw a shadow outside the window, reaching up... so I figured "Oh my god, someone is breaking in, and there isn't another person for bloody miles!".

I got back in the shower (to hide?) and sat there for HOURS. My parents came home and were like, wtf. Turns out they'd hired a window cleaner.

Seriously though, the most frightened I've ever been is when I was sixteen. My dad was driving me to school one morning when he had a seizure. I didn't know how to drive at the time but I managed to stop the car and not crash into anything. For a while though, I did think the two of us were gonna end up dead so it was really scary.

Fucking hell..... I'm glad you're ok!

I've had a few, getting mugged at syringe point by a junkie being one of the more memorable ones though the biggest fright I ever got was a few years. The entire family was sitting down for dinner and my brother was behind me bringing over some curry sauce when I put my hand out and next thign the curry goes flying and pours down on my youngest brother who wasn't a year at the time. Poor guy was in absolute hysterics and was rushed to the hospital, thankfully it was all okay in the end and he's now a happy little 2 year old and there are no scars.

I've had a few asthma related scares, woke up in the middle of the nightonce, not being able to breath. Thankfully I was able to grab my phone and ring my Mom who came down just in time. Had I been alone in the house I really do think that I would have died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 xxlily87xx

goat2 wrote: »
    did you ever find out who they were
    how are you now
    Im grand now thanks, a neighbour chased them into a building site but couldn find them, i gav a description of them to the gaurds, but never heard anythin more after that. All i know is that they were turkish.

Another one for me was sitting in a bar in Co.Down when 2 masked men walked in and pointed a gun at a man sitting about 20ft away. He scrambled up and ran towards the toilets of all places. The gunman, calm as you like, aimed at his back at shot him twice. He fell in the doorway of the toilets and the man walked up and shot him twice more.
    It wasn't scarey in the sense of my dog story as I knew (as best I could) that I wasn't in danger, but it was the most traumatising moment of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

when i saw a woman outside of he kitchen. It frightened the living daylights out of me. I had heard myths about it but never thought it actually existed

Im grand now thanks, a neighbour chased them into a building site but couldn find them, i gav a description of them to the gaurds, but never heard anythin more after that. All i know is that they were turkish.
    do you ever wonder like me
    that they could have done damage to others after that incident, this is what worry me, we are lucky to have escaped alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

A bungy jump in NZ

When I was driving home late at night on a country road and came across a man lying down on the side of the road

When I was 17 and wrote off my parents car.... that was SCARY!

Advertisement