Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you define a D4?

Options
  • 24-03-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

I've always wondered what features must a person have to be considered a D4. Is it some person who pretends to be rich and snobby and wears brand clothes for the sake of it? Or is it the actual rich people? I'm interested to see your opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It's a pub in Chicago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

D4?

You've sunk my battleship! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

_Bella_ wrote: »
    I've always wondered what features must a person have to be considered a D4. Is it some person who pretends to be rich and snobby and wears brand clothes for the sake of it? Or is it the actual rich people? I'm interested to see your opinions.
    its a wanker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A hefty mortgage - self inflated opinion maybe? - I'm better than ye miserable lot? - My daddy's better than you daddy!
    or just...
    I'm married to Twink!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

D4? A silly media term, used to label people with...

• Advertisement

old hippy wrote: »
    D4? A silly media term, used to label people with...
    Shut up, hippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I think Urban Dictionary says it best

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=d4
    D4 is an area in Dublin, called 'dublin 4' but abbreviated to suit the accent of people who live there. People called d4s generally never live in d4, they just like to think they do, and follow the d4 culture.
    To be a 'd4' you have to wear streaky fake tan, have a completely orange face, have lips the same colour as your foundation, have really messy hair which is made to look like you just shoved it up though actually took you at LEAST twenty minutes to arrange, abercrombie hoodies, airtex tshirts with the collars up or the rugby jersey of your boyfriends school(preferably zaga), fat man pants or cantos, and dubes or uggs, topped off with a louis vuitton or juicy cotoure handbag.
    To be a real d4 girl, you have to 'like' rugby, ie say you like it and go to rugby matches though not understand the rules at all. You only like it because the guys who play it have supposedly 'hott' bodies. If you are a d4 guy, playing rugby and being on the j's is a MUST.
    You also must go to 'the Wezz', a pathetic under 15 disco beside Donnybrook rugby pitch. The only activities that go on there are slut dancing and 'scoring' people.
    d4 person at rugby match:Omfg loik we loik SOOOOOOOOOO have to go to Wezz tonoiysh after the Junior Cup Final cos there'll be loadsa hot rugby players there omg yeah!!!
    Omg I sooooooo don't get this game, they should put the instructions in the manual!!!*looks desperately through programme*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Don't know loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I just checked - it's a packet of King Crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

anyone that uses that ghey word "scobe"..

Fuppin muppets

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Shut up, hippy.

Yes, it's tough being a newbie but I knew I'd get a warm welcome. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Loike, you know, it's loike someone who loike, comes from dublin 4, loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Anyone who lives within the Dublin postal district of "Dublin 4" I would imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Noopti wrote: »
    Anyone who lives within the Dublin postal district of "Dublin 4" I would imagine.
    Now don't be going all practical on us.
    This is AH and we have a standard to live up to! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

It's a (delusional) State of Mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ringsend and Irishtown

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In D4 the lock.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Biggins wrote: »
    Now don't be going all practical on us.
    This is AH and we have a standard to live up to! :pac:

True, but every now and then a sprinkling of reality is good, to further heighten the normal joys of AH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Anyone who can't go out of the house without their huge Dior sunglasses on top of their head tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

where the girls are good looking and the guys are pompous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I would define a D4 as someone whose primary focus in life is to gain as much popularity as possible, without doing anything to deserve it.

Though I think that publicly, the term should be retired. The species is definitely dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

neil_hosey wrote: »
    anyone that uses that ghey word "scobe"..

Fuppin muppets

Anyone that uses the scobey word 'ghey'..

Muppetin' fuppers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Ringsend and Irishtown

and the rest which are Ballsbridge, Donnybrook, Sandymount.

Superbus wrote: »
    I would define a D4 as someone whose primary focus in life is to gain as much popularity as possible, without doing anything to deserve it.

Though I think that publicly, the term should be retired. The species is definitely dying.
    That will never die.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

as soon as they open their mouth and sound like they are in pain or have a bunch of gobstoppers in their mouth. the worst is the d4 wannabees, who despite being from cork or wexford, speak like said w*nkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Anyone that uses the scobey word 'ghey'..

Muppetin' fuppers

ghey is a internet thing ye big sc... eejit.

Tuppin' Puffers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Fizman wrote: »
    I think Urban Dictionary says it best

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=d4

Ha the definitions are hilarious!

Do you feel that a D4 has to go to a private school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

D4 isn't an address its a frame of mind man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

as soon as they open their mouth and sound like they are in pain or have a bunch of gobstoppers in their mouth. the worst is the d4 wannabees, who despite being from cork or wexford, speak like said w*nkers.

Like my neighbours, from the Galway countryside who now work in a bank, support Leinster and are so loike todally coool?

Bless em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It's a pub in Chicago.

Jaysus.....I'm Chicago and I didn't know about that.

How will I ever find them ?? With their amazing ability to change their accents at will, they will pick up the Peter Griffin accent in not time at all.

We'll be over-run by people who talk like the locals !!

Advertisement