Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Platon at the UN. He even makes Cowan look respectable. The little sound bites with the pictures are definitely worth listening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Liking this site http://www.americansuburbx.com/

simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

its always funny when someone asks you to take a photo of them for some reason and then they ask to see it but you have to explain to them its a film camera lol

Online tilt shift creater

http://labs.artandmobile.com/tiltshift/

• Advertisement

creativemugs10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?"
    It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.
    "Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said.
    So I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"
    And that's when the fight started....

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Bud Light for $14.95.
    Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95.
    I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream.
    And then the fight started....

A woman was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.
    She was not happy with what she saw and said to her husband,
    'I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly.
    I really need you to pay me a compliment.'
    The husband replies, 'Your eyesight's damn near perfect.'
    And then the fight started.....

My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was flipping channels.
    She asked, 'What's on the TV?'
    I said, 'Dust.'
    And then the fight started...

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
    She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds.'
    I bought her a bathroom scales.
    And then the fight started...
    /Oh oh, I'm in trouble tonite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I would like to be dissociated from any connection with this email, sent on behalf of the Photography Forum on Boards.ie.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63428850&postcount=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Brilliant bit of stop motion, even if they/he/she is french:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Anyone come accross some cheap sdhc cards lately? lost my spare the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Eye fi card

sounds cool, a novelty for most users though, unless you have a studio etc.

You could stand outside starbucks/place with free wifi and have the pictures upload themselves to flickr directly!
    might be good for people taking sports pictures? You could have a laptop with a 3g wireless dongle in a bag next to you and have the pictures go straight to whatever

that looks amazing... has really good potential

Nisio wrote: »
    You could stand outside starbucks/place with free wifi and have the pictures upload themselves to flickr directly!
    might be good for people taking sports pictures? You could have a laptop with a 3g wireless dongle in a bag next to you and have the pictures go straight to whatever

iphone with wifi or any other wifi phone would be better than using a laptop

just noticed this

michael_bolton.jpg

kevin Costner
    Kevin_Costner_DF-SD-05-08959_crop.jpg

I dont think I've ever seen them both together in the same room at the same time

kevin Costner is 'also' a musician

iphone with wifi or any other wifi phone would be better than using a laptop

Yup, and the combination of an iphone and camera and the facebook app = nightmare on nights out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Slashdot story about a 300 piece puzzle with which you can make a vast variety of images, distorted up close but surprisingly clear from a distance as your brain 'fixes' what you're perceiving. If they were magnetic for the fridge...

I think it's pretty damn cool, if you send a photo to the mnfr they'll send you back instructions to make that image with the numbered pieces. I await an open source version of their software as a Gimp plugin :D

PS ignore the slashdot discussion, it's all based on assuming each piece is like a pixel but in fact they're variously shaded so it's got far more resolution than say a 15x20 bitmap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

democrates wrote: »
    PS ignore the slashdot discussion, it's all based on assuming each piece is like a pixel but in fact they're variously shaded so it's got far more resolution than say a 15x20 bitmap.

no no no. You have that all wrong. It's SLASHDOT, you're meant to ignore the original article and just read the completely uninformed discussion instead. Sheesh.

• Advertisement

"The people hate the lizards, and the lizards rule the people."
    "I thought you said it was a democracy."
    "It is."
    "You mean the people actually vote for the lizards?"
    "Yes."
    "Why?"
    "Because if they didn't, the wrong lizard might get in."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

A Craigslist Ad:
    35-500FT Zoom Camera Lens - $60
    Date: 2009-12-11, 9:43PM EST

Never before used Camera Lens with 35 - 500 ft zoom. Comes with Leather case and T-Mount Adaptor for Nickon.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Hows everyone tonight?

TelePaul wrote: »
    Hows everyone tonight?
    In perspective excellent thanks and I hope you and everyone else is the same.

Personal disaster earlier, met a girl I haven't seen in ages (always liked her she's dead sound, ok and fancied the hoop off her too) and asked her when she's due, she tells me she's not pregnant. Now I'm torn between fix it and stop digging.

Personal disaster earlier, met a girl I haven't seen in ages (always liked her she's dead sound, ok and fancied the hoop off her too) and asked her when she's due, she tells me she's not pregnant. Now I'm torn between fix it and stop digging.

holy sh1t thats a tough one, that is indeed a tough one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Afraid you may have to cut your losses dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Just say "Oh, apologies! You're just fat then?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

stupid question no doubt but whats the difference between a 50mm 1.8 and 500mm 1.4.

and why is there such a difference in the price.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

50mm is about the same focal length as your etc, 500mm is a telescope.

f1.4 is an achievable aperture size with a 50mm lens. The size of the aperture is 1/1.4 times the focal length, ~36mm.

With a 500mm f1.4 lens the aperture would need to be 350mm. That's over a foot!
    In order for a lens to accommodate such an aperture it would have to be the size of a dustbin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

:D Well, there are at least two threads dealing with nifty fifties.
    In general, 1.8 is the absolutely cheapest lense you can get from Canon. Build quality, plastic lenses, motor...
    But it is a prime, therefore it mandatory has to be better than standard kit lenses. Especially with aperture 1.8 you cannot get from most of the available zoom lenses.
    1.4 has USM motor, glass elements, better built quality and overall superior.

If you are surprised by the price gap, check the price of 50/1.2L :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement