Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

20.3mm rain here so far. Currently drizzly, cloud base is about 10 metres higher than me here. Looks like a second rain batch is working its way westwards on the radar so may see an inch of rain before the day is out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Looking at the met.ie animated radar,you can see how my area is missing a lot of the rain and how the main band isnt really movin E or W just south to north.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Soaking wet here, SAT24.com shows the conveyor belt of rain we're enjoying at the moment ! Looks like the cool easterlys are making ground towards us....maybe some snow Sun/Mon for the East?

Looking at the met.ie animated radar,you can see how my area is missing a lot of the rain and how the main band isnt really movin E or W just south to north.

Just be thankful its not a band of snow :p..you'd be a little frustrated!. In a NE you could be in an optimal position for some pretty high totals.

Its not stopped drizzling/raining at all here today and has gotten darker and wetter again here last half hour.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

24hr total here 16.8mm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tipping down and windy all day. Still, its not too cold! :pac:

mike65 wrote: »
    Tipping down and windy all day. Still, its not too cold! :pac:

It aint getting any warmer, probably not for another week!!
    I just hope the roads are kept clear, i really don't want pissed off workmates covering my night shifts in the freezing cold!!
    Currently 5.9°C with 22.1mm rain so far, I guess its probably snowing on the top of Lug again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

WEATHER HERE............. SNOWLESS :(:(:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

7C feeling mild
    This is the last grasp of mild air for quite some time i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

YE HOPE IT GETS COLD.....TO THE EXTREME HAHA! :D:D:D

<iframe src="http://live.xbox.com/member/SilentKnite29&quot; scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Been quite wet this evening.
    22mm for the day.
    6C

Seriously wet overnight with more than 30mm.
    Jan 09 is my wettest month since Oct 05

Last three days have been pretty wet 9.1, 27.7 and 10.9mm so far today here. Currently 4.2°C

Another 3mm since I posted last.
    It'll be near 40mm during the 24hrs to 9am making it about 5th wettest day in my records .
    Exact figures in an hour.

38.6mm past 24hrs
    Wettest Jan day and overall 7th wettest day on record

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

16.8mm here for last 24 hours. Tipping down on and off this morning.

This rain along the east coast seems to be fairly localised. Both Casement and Dublin AP are reporting very little rain (currently and yestaerday) while I'm being drenched!

All this rain and soden ground is not going help any snow settle next week!

5.5c

Rain on and off all night.
    24hr total now 27.2mm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Still raining here. 4.1c. Everywhere is totally sodden with floods everywhere.

arctictree wrote: »
    Still raining here. 4.1c. Everywhere is totally sodden with floods everywhere.
    Ditto here, every time it seems to be dying off it suddenly picks up again. I want to get out for my daily jog but its too shagging miserable and I'm a wuss!
    14mm since midnight after 27.7 yesterday and 9.1 the day before, floods everywhere here too.

Still mild! And totally wet, if this clears during the day and it freezes tonight there will be mayhem on the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

A fabulous morning here
    12.6c , SSE 5mph , bright sunshine :).
    Spring has arrived......:rolleyes:.
    (yeah right)

EDIT:make that 14.1c...:pac: lots of insects about....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

three days of rain on and off now resulting in lots of flooded field.

current temperature is a manky 9.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

38.3mm of rain so far in the last 16hrs, 6.4c, winds up to 9km/h, dull here all day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

alot of rain here past 24 hours but already much cooler than yesterday, 6C and drizzle

Still raining, spare a thought for Clonmel.

Advertisement