Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

That my YouTube "Watch it Again" "Recommended for You" and all the other sections now range from Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to Jelly on a Plate to Three Blind Mice and the millions of other such videos. There's even a special Sesame Street series of videos. This was once a fine, noble page with recommendations for The Bold Fenian Men, The Foggy Dew and Kevin Barry. The ultimate demasculinisation.

Reminder to self: sign 22-month-old baby up for YouTube account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

What annoys me? White people who live in a different country than that they were born in, who describe themselves as 'ex-pats'. You're not an 'ex-pat'. You're an immigrant. An immigrant. Does anyone talk about Somalian or Bangladeshi communities as 'ex-pats'?

And while we're at it, we don't like those furriners who refuse to integrate and learn our ways. But hell, it's mighty fine and charming when the Irish and British set up their own little networks abroad and frequent bars called 'Murphy's' or 'The Red Lion'. Though typical immigrant behaviour I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

When a friend is talking to someone on the phone but keeps looking at me, as if he were talking to me or as if I can hear the whole conversation and find it as entertaining. It's worse when you don't know the person the friend is talking to.

Also, wasting time on Boards when it's a lovely Saturday and there are 1000 better things to do...that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Also, wasting time on Boards when it's a lovely Saturday and there are 1000 better things to do...that annoys me.

Apt user name..ðŸ˜

Someone please clean my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I stopped to look at a really nice display of art supplies when I was shopping today and tumbled the whole lot, shouting "oh God, oh no!" as it was falling. I managed to fix the display before any of the staff came over. TA'd by my clumsiness, though. I also set off security alarms going in and out of another shop. I had forgotten to take my damn library book out of my bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I haven't been on Facebook in months, it gives me a pain in my face. I decided to deactivate my account, but every time I tick the box as to why I'm deactivating, and press deactivate now the session expires and I'm logged out:( It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fúcking back is playing up today, awake since 4am with it. Stopped me going to the pub today too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

People in airports. A lot of them would annoy the sh!te out of Ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Snapchat. What a stupid, irritating name for such a useless app. Sending dog face selfies or whatever other useless, sh1t filters it has. Having to listen to people reference it repeatedly in conversation drives me up the walls and it's so commonplace now. It doesn't matter whether you have a PhD in astrophysics, if you're telling me you "snapchatted" someone I'm going to think you're as thick as two short planks. I just don't get it, teenagers using it -sure. But grown adults, c'mon ffs. Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I've been working all weekend and I think I'm about ready for a global pandemic that wipes out the vast majority of the population.

People are so staggeringly idiotic and I'm at my wits end dealing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The eldest was on a night out in another town an hour away, and said she was going to be home in the early hours. I woke at 4, no sign of her so I text her, no reply. I rang her about 20 minutes later and it rang out. I spent the next two hrs imagining all sorts before I dozed off again. She texts me at 9.30 asking had I not seen her text that she had decided to stay with a friend and drive home today rather than get a taxi out, and sends me a screenshot of our texts. Nope, text was not on my phone FFS. She was snoozing peacefully while I was sh1tting myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hillary Duff and her bf having to apologize over their choice of Halloween costume. She wore a pilgrim outfit with hotpants, him an Indian outfit with painted red face.
    Both have apologized after some people online got offended. Ffs. :(

A slice - slice! - of quiche in Avoca Powerscourt for €14.50 this afternoon. A single slice! I can do without the "choice of three salads" along with it, thank you very much. Eat your heart out Donnybrook Fair/Marks & Spensers/Not-so-Super Valu/Fresh/Brown Thomas! You've managed to be outgouged by Avoca compliments (overwhelmingly) of ladies of a certain delicate disposition.

Which leads me on to my long-standing ta: why when you want (insert food) must restaurants/cafés insist upon giving you something else (almost always stuff you don't want to buy, which of course is precisely why they're adding it to the thing you want to buy) "free" with it? I don't like coleslaws, salad dressings and other sauce type things on my food so kindly allow me to buy a simple ham sandwich, for instance, without shoving all your reject shíte onto me. And the battle to tell them I don't want any added crap isn't worth it; they'll still give it to me and say they forgot!

I don't feel I've got a "deal" because I remember when I could buy a ham sandwich for €2.50 without any of that and I remember the price rocketed to €5, then €6/€7 when you started imposing your unwanted food additions. This imposition is now the industry standard. More restaurants/cafes, but less choice.

/end rant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Sometimes on the mobile site it will bring to the first unread post. Sometimes it will leave me at the top of the last page. It's the second or two of waiting to see what will happen is what TA me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

No!! I don't need a feckin Till Roll! WTF would I use it for?

To wipe........ Just Plss Off :mad:

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Sometimes on the mobile site it will bring to the first unread post. Sometimes it will leave me at the top of the last page. It's the second or two of waiting to see what will happen is what TA me.

This, and so many other things. The differences between the mobile version and the version on my laptop here are too many to mention and consistently surprising. Among the most annoying is that a link which works perfectly on one version of the site will frequently not work on the other.

PS: And it bothers me somewhat that when you're looking at a thread and decide to login to answer it, Boards sends you back to the main page after you login rather than to the discussion you were just looking at/want to comment in. Why!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Back to work today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

have to book a fooking gown for a graduation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A slice - slice! - of quiche in Avoca Powerscourt for €14.50 this afternoon. A single slice! I can do without the "choice of three salads" along with it, thank you very much. Eat your heart out Donnybrook Fair/Marks & Spensers/Not-so-Super Valu/Fresh/Brown Thomas! You've managed to be outgouged by Avoca compliments (overwhelmingly) of ladies of a certain delicate disposition.

Which leads me on to my long-standing ta: why when you want (insert food) must restaurants/cafés insist upon giving you something else (almost always stuff you don't want to buy, which of course is precisely why they're adding it to the thing you want to buy) "free" with it? I don't like coleslaws, salad dressings and other sauce type things on my food so kindly allow me to buy a simple ham sandwich, for instance, without shoving all your reject shíte onto me. And the battle to tell them I don't want any added crap isn't worth it; they'll still give it to me and say they forgot!

I don't feel I've got a "deal" because I remember when I could buy a ham sandwich for €2.50 without any of that and I remember the price rocketed to €5, then €6/€7 when you started imposing your unwanted food additions. This imposition is now the industry standard. More restaurants/cafes, but less choice.

/end rant!

Eurgh. A well known wánker coffee shop near me was selling sandwiches for 7 quid at the weekend. Seven quid, would ye fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Smoking and hiccups dont go

every pull on the smoke...hiccup

Wait a bit...nothing

Another pull....HICCUP

• Advertisement

This time of year always banjaxes my eyes for some reason, more than any other. My eyelids are flaky as 'eck, my eyes always dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Among the most annoying is that a link which works perfectly on one version of the site will frequently not work on the other!

And the fact you have to put the link in the box on the laptop but only paste it on mobile .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People that do this, seriously.....

untitled (22).png

untitled (21).png

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Got my make-up done professionally over the weekend and couldn't believe how well it looked, Smokey eyes and perfect brows!

Tried recreating it today but got nowhere close:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fcking stupid neighbour put on the dryer at 1 am just before I go to bed and it's right next to my bedroom. What planet are these people on that they have no consideration for anyone other than themselves. Who dries clothes at 1 am?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    Got my make-up done professionally over the weekend and couldn't believe how well it looked, Smokey eyes and perfect brows!

Tried recreating it today but got nowhere close:mad::mad::mad:

Trivial thing that annoys me #479

Reading the above post, seeing the user name and then going through "is it a guy who likes make-up? Is it a girl with a guy's name?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Grayson wrote: »
    Trivial thing that annoys me #479

Reading the above post, seeing the user name and then going through "is it a guy who likes make-up? Is it a girl with a guy's name?

I'm a girl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

TA'd that my postman is a bit lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

People who post in threads to tell you they have no interest in said threads, Why post in them if you have no interest in them, Indirectly there only keeping the thread more alive and getting more opinions, Maybe they really are interested and are using a reverse phycology ;-)
    either way that's my trivial thought for today... aren't I lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭trg

People that say of instead of have, could of - would of - should of etc....grinds my gears

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement