Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Event Thread - Cormier v Jones 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

but lads 4 times a year they get tested come on they have to be all natty built on protein shakes and chicken fillets Ha

I'll say one thing though I can only imagine the injuries they pick up flinging each other round.

Lads yer absolutely obsessed with steroids, do ye not get bored of it? Is it because ye all predicted a Hunt KO in the first?

:pac:

No problem with the fight,I've a problem with people that think hes clean win or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Jones via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    :pac:

No problem with the fight,I've a problem with people that think hes clean win or lose.

almost nobody at the top of any sport is 100% clean lets be real, and people call wwe fans naive...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

Gamebred wrote:
    but lads 4 times a year they get tested come on they have to be all natty built on protein shakes and chicken fillets Ha

Up until 2 years ago you can be sure 90% of MMA fighters were probably on some banned ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Lesnar gonna lesnar...

As Lesnar said himself, Brock Lesnar does whatever Brock Lesnar wants to do!

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    almost nobody at the top of any sport is 100% clean lets be real, and people call wwe fans naive...

True,I believe across all sports football especially but nobodies denying that,a monster just rocked up on a months notice in sick shape and were are all supposed to be ok with that?

I'd say the same about anyone too not just Brock he hardly tried to hide it.

Diaz said it already, everybody is on steroids. I'm sure he is including himself in that...

Gamebred wrote:

I don't think anyone can get that big without a little help, but he was clean for the fight and since he signed for the fight wasn't he, what more can he do?

I believe Hunt isnt one of them cheating,and he was most certaintly at a disadvantage in this fight due to these performance enhancers.

Gamebred wrote:
    True,I believe across all sports football especially but nobodies denying that,a monster just rocked up on a months notice in sick shape and were are all supposed to be ok with that?

Its not like he was sitting on his hole in bad shape, the mans training all his life, he is always in sick shape isn't he?

• Advertisement

Jones via Submission
    I believe Hunt isnt one of them cheating,and he was most certaintly at a disadvantage in this fight due to these performance enhancers.

why cause hes fat? so all his power is natural then and him being a pride/k1 vet isnt suspicious atal just cause he has a belly?

why cause hes fat? so all his power is natural then and him being a pride/k1 vet isnt suspicious atal just cause he has a belly?

Not impossible but Hunt has been tested under Usada testing,his performance show no sign of using enhancers either, all the roids in the world wouldnt turn you into a dangerous striker like him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks..reminder for some of you from the charter..

8) No allegations against fighters, particularly in regard to steroid use. If you want to accuse them make sure you have a bulletproof source or you will be banned, discussing Steroid use at all is not allowed unless it's about someone who was banned for it and it is not just specualtion (this includes steroid advice re. doses, side effects, cycles, substances/steroids-stimulants and sources).

Jones via Submission
    Not impossible but Hunt has been tested under Usada testing,his performance show no sign of using enhancers either, all the roids in the world wouldnt turn you into a dangerous striker like him.

so taking steroids to boost the muscles that give punching power would be of no advantage to his striking?

Gamebred wrote:

What performance enhancers are you on about though, has he tested positive? No.

so taking steroids to boost the muscles that give punching power would be of no advantage to his striking?

Not getting into a drawn out debate,ask mr olympia to throw a punch and see how hard he hits,Hunt is a elite striker doesnt need to win up hayemakers,

What performance enhancers are you on about though, has he tested positive? No.

The ones I suspect hes been on while training for this and came off a month out to give the fight a legit look with ''testing'' in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,203 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If they were legal what point are you trying to make? If creatine is banned in the future does that make every rugby player playing now a cheat?
    Are you seriously asking what's the point I'm making about somebody being caught with hormones? :confused:

Taking steroids or hormones to enhance your performance in a sport is considered cheating. And has been for maybe 50 years.
    Creatine is not considered cheating.

The reason they are cheating has nothing to do with their legality. Steroids aren't actually illegal.
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I'm surprised Joe wasn't making a bigger deal of the lockdown. He usually goes nuts for anything semi-Eddie Bravo related. But maybe lockdown is too widespread at this point. Or maybe he was and I missed it, couldn't hear the sound too well.
    Noticed the ankle sleeves too. He knew what he was in for. There was a moment when DC was in side control, and Silva just lay there baiting the mount, but when DC went to step over Silva locked up halfguard, was a nice move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I know it's a bad match up for Brock and makes no sense for the UFC, but I'd love to see him fight the black beast Derrick Lewis next. That would be an epic fight IMO.

Jones via Submission
    nocoverart wrote: »
    I know it's a bad match up for Brock and makes no sense for the UFC, but I'd love to see him fight the black beast Derrick Lewis next. That would be an epic fight IMO.

wouldnt be a bad call...Id kill to see him against barnett though!

Reem rematch for the belt if he beats Stipe,at 205 in NY.

• Advertisement

Jones via Submission

have a feeling they have that in mind to be fair, sells itself!

I don't think anyone can get that big without a little help, but he was clean for the fight and since he signed for the fight wasn't he, what more can he do?
    Using drugs to increase size and strength, and then coming off them for a fight.
    Even if they are no longer in your system, you aren't "clean". Not for a very long time afterwards, possibly not ever according to some.

Not getting into a drawn out debate,ask mr olympia to throw a punch and see how hard he hits
    You first, I'll be right behind you

phil-heath-mr-olympia02.png

Mellor wrote: »

I would rolling heel hook the man before he thought about throwing a punch iminari style :cool: tapping quicker than you can say juicehead.

wouldnt be a bad call...Id kill to see him against barnett though!

I'd say Barnett, with his catch background, is one of the worse match up for him. Along with Cain (wrestling) and Werdum (BJJ).

I can see it being Reem, or JDS. Probably the two highest profile guys with a sellable chance verses Lesnar.

Jones via Submission

he loves the anabolics he does!

I would rolling heel hook the man before he thought about throwing a punch iminari style :cool: tapping quicker than you can say juicehead.

Good luck getting your leg(s) around his quads, no control = no sub :pac:
    He's like one of the bad guys from Space Jam

Jones via Submission
    Good luck getting your leg(s) around his quads, no control = no sub :pac:
    He's like one of the bad guys from Space Jam

I dont understand how he can walk with the size of them

I wanna see Lesnar fight Mighty Mouse - let's get this party started!

• Advertisement

Speaking of muscle,Sage Northcutt!

He is clearly too ripped for mma there is a reason why nobody else looks like that in the ufc,its of no help.

Advertisement