Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    I loved the old sawdust, rough and ready Brogue from years ago. I was never mad about the upgrade about 10 years ago - very bland, suburban lounge type feel. I hope this latest re-incarnation impresses - it will be good having a new venue for nightlife in Tralee. I wonder will they have a late bar at the weekend?

Had some great nights there in the late 90's early 00's when they got DJ's in and a late bar & the crowd got a bit younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hoping the Brogue is a success as well,its a landmark pub in Tralee and to see it closed has been a pity,going to be interesting to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

hi All just quick question does the cash for clothes place beside dunnes take shoes and handbags too?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

hi All just quick question does the cash for clothes place beside dunnes take shoes and handbags too?

that place is closed now! I think there might be one opposite the road to Connolly park, next to Joanne Barry's dance studio. I don't know what they accept though, but as its all by weight I'd say its all sorts of clothing etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

The opening of the Brogue has been delayed about 24 hours, looking at Thursday now, hope they do manage to get 1 days trial run before the 'official" opening on Friday or else it could be pandemonium on the big night

• Advertisement

One of our other regular posters probably doesn't want to brag ;)
    but congratulations are in order for Ms Barrett of the Gluten Free Restaurant who has been selected to participate in the Theatre of Food during the Electric Picnic, well done indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Reading in Radio Kerry website this morning that 35 people will be employed in the relaunched Brogue.

Good employment boost for Tralee and well done to getting an iconic Tralee landmark open again. Will pop in for a look when I'm down for the bank holiday but it will probably be jammers that weekend!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Reading in Radio Kerry website this morning that 35 people will be employed in the relaunched Brogue.

Good employment boost for Tralee and well done to getting an iconic Tralee landmark open again. Will pop in for a look when I'm down for the bank holiday but it will probably be jammers that weekend!

It's jammers today!
    A feelgood air about the place today, and it seems to be doing quite well at the minute, long may it continue.

Good article here with pics,that snug looks nice spot for a few sneaky pints :D

http://traleetoday.ie/photos-look-inside-new-brogue-opens-doors/

Good article here with pics,that snug looks nice spot for a few sneaky pints :D

http://traleetoday.ie/photos-look-inside-new-brogue-opens-doors/

looks really nice, like how bright they have made it inside! looking forward to popping in for a bite to eat or a drink some night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Am really delighted for them.Seeing it closed there at the bottom of the Rock was probably the lowest point of the recession. Seeing new life breathed back into it with the doors wide open again and all the lovely flowers in bloom, is the start of better times for the Brogue and hopefully Tralee, as both go hand in hand.The very best of luck to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Ladies of tralee wear can l buy some stockings in town?? Not hold up ones, ones you attach to suspenders :o None in debenhams or TK maxx.....not sure about shaws??

Ladies of tralee wear can l buy some stockings in town?? Not hold up ones, ones you attach to suspenders :o None in debenhams or TK maxx.....not sure about shaws??

Shaws would be your best bet, that or Dan Fitzgerald's, just on the corner of the Mall & the Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Was in the brogue over the weekend, same layout as has always been there. Pity, thought this may have been a chance to really break from the past and actually change the pub. Those pillars in the middle of the bar are still there , causing congestion as always! :)

100k Ultra Marathon this weekend,good god what would want you to do that,getting pains just thinking about it :D

http://www.traleemarathon.com/tralee-100k-ultra-marathon.html

Looking at the route,the famous Barrow Hill is being used.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/472633838

Brian Lee's old ship is getting a facelift at the moment, there's a planning notice on the window too, maybe a tenant has taken it on?
    The old Castle Off license in Castle st seems to be opening up too, perhaps as an Asian foodstore (just a guess on my part)

Brian Lee's old ship is getting a facelift at the moment, there's a planning notice on the window too, maybe a tenant has taken it on?
    The old Castle Off license in Castle st seems to be opening up too, perhaps as an Asian foodstore (just a guess on my part)

I think it is an Asian foodstore going in there. Someone mentioned it might be the one further down Castle street (blue shopfront) just moving up the road.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I think it is an Asian foodstore going in there. Someone mentioned it might be the one further down Castle street (blue shopfront) just moving up the road.

An, that's Yusuf Spice, you could be right, rent must be cheaper on the other side of the road :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BusyMummy

Sorry post should be removed

BusyMummy wrote: »
    hi guys . i need some help, see i have a friend, ahem..... if that is what you call enemies these days. Mr <mod snip> and well he is making my life hell. Who the **** is this dude, can anybody give me some info .............. please

I'd advise private messaging if you are going to give info on anyone. I know him but I'm not commenting on anything to do with him. If anyone wants to bash him, then do it privately to be safe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'd advise private messaging if you are going to give info on anyone. I know him but I'm not commenting on anything to do with him. If anyone wants to bash him, then do it privately to be safe!

This is good advice.

Please do not request information or comment on private individuals in these forums.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

BusyMummy wrote: »
    hi guys . i need some help, see i have a friend, ahem..... if that is what you call enemies these days. Mr <mod snip> and well he is making my life hell. Who the **** is this dude, can anybody give me some info .............. please

First post on the site. Hmmmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Did anyone else get private messages last night from the newest member of the forum?

Did anyone else get private messages last night from the newest member of the forum?

No, did you?

No, did you?

Ya. Much a long the same lines as her earlier post. Just with more information and accusations.

I'll be saying no more on it!

I'd appreciate it if you could report those PMs so the Admins can take a look.

Cheers,

tHB

It's almost like old times on here
    ;)

I'd appreciate it if you could report those PMs so the Admins can take a look.

Cheers,

tHB

How do I do that?

When you view the PM there should be a small black/white/red triangle icon like for reporting posts. Click that & follow the instructions. ; )

Failing that - forward the PM to me & I can do it.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

When you view the PM there should be a small black/white/red triangle icon like for reporting posts. Click that & follow the instructions. ; )

Failing that - forward the PM to me & I can do it.
    Thanks!

I'm on the touch site on my phone and none of them options seem available.

Admins can access my PMs if necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement