Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Lads can anyone tell me where the order of merit is currently at at the moment. Im from the band 2/3 having completed all the stages and im trying to predict when i will be called for templemore. for the purposes of fitness/when i have to give notice to my job and the garda reserves/book a flight. Im in the 190s on the new order of merit. Thanks.
    I'm not sure what oom went in last, I'm in the 750s from band 1 group 5 but my vetting wasn't back in November. I know a few more that are in around the same oom as me and are waiting also.

When did u do physical/medical??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

I'm Band 1, Group 4, and i'm place 702 on the oom, everything completed just waiting to go in. When can I expect? Don't really understand the oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kartkrazy

milo101 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what oom went in last, I'm in the 750s from band 1 group 5 but my vetting wasn't back in November. I know a few more that are in around the same oom as me and are waiting also.

Same as that Band 1 also, oom in 670s the wait is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Physical 3 weeks ago medical in december

Lc201395 wrote: »
    I'm Band 1, Group 4, and i'm place 702 on the oom, everything completed just waiting to go in. When can I expect? Don't really understand the oom.

There is a good number of us left so from band 1.. Someone that did physical today said they said summer was next intake so that's not much info and others said April .

• Advertisement

I was told April alright. But since the band one are still in the list I'm not sure if it will be april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PCplod2014

Depending on Government election (Feb 26th supposedly) next intake will be April. I cant see an intake been June though I would Guess July as the last intake went in split - 75 October 75 November they wont all be out by June. They will take 150 in April & 150

Depending on Government election (Feb 26th supposedly) next intake will be April. I can't see an intake been June though. I would Guess July as the last intake went in split - 75 October 75 November they wont all be out by June. They will take 150 in April & 150 in July I believe.

Still quiet a few from Band 1 waiting which I imagine will go in in April intake and band 2/3 will go in July.

New campaign will be looking at late 2016 / early 2017 I think! Unless they house the recruits in Templemore because college can only take 300 per time. April intake will be due out November / December so could be another intake then.

All this is just my opinion and not fact

PCplod2014 wrote: »
    Depending on Government election (Feb 26th supposedly) next intake will be April. I can't see an intake been June though. I would Guess July as the last intake went in split - 75 October 75 November they wont all be out by June. They will take 150 in April & 150 in July I believe.

Still quiet a few from Band 1 waiting which I imagine will go in in April intake and band 2/3 will go in July.

New campaign will be looking at late 2016 / early 2017 I think! Unless they house the recruits in Templemore because college can only take 300 per time. April intake will be due out November / December so could be another intake then.

All this is just my opinion and not fact

Good points! Hopefully we will get a call for April, seems like a lifetime ago we started the apptitude tests!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CT15

I'm in band 1 group 5 and oom is 821! I'd say there's prob 300 maybe more waiting from band 1 I think bands 2/3 are looking at end of the year for intake in to college.

• Advertisement

Good points! Hopefully we will get a call for April, seems like a lifetime ago we started the apptitude tests!!

Yeah I reckon we will be called for early April. I imagine they will try give us 4 weeks notice so hopefully hear next month. :)

CT15 wrote: »
    I'm in band 1 group 5 and oom is 821! I'd say there's prob 300 maybe more waiting from band 1 I think bands 2/3 are looking at end of the year for intake in to college.

Yeah you could be right on that. I'm late 700s but I know people in Band 1 right up to 830 who are waiting. Band 2/3 could be looking at late this year if Band 1 fill up April/July intakes.

Guys are ye sure because the instructors up in the college where pretty sure that the group doing physicals in Jan would be in in april....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CT15

I wudnt go by what they tell ya.I had my physical in September and they told me that I was looking at October they don't know the numbers that are waiting only hrm do!

ya the whole lot of us should get onto hrm about clarifying when we will be going in. people are putting on their lives on hold. Iv been offered a job in the states for 4 months i dont know whether to take it or not,

Guys are ye sure because the instructors up in the college where pretty sure that the group doing physicals in Jan would be in in april....

I could bet anything that the people who done there physicals in January will not be going in in April. What about all from band 1 who have everything completed for 6 months plus? You guys will be looking at July earliest. Go to the states and come back if you get called but I can't see it being April for your group. We done ours in September and were told we would be in before 2015 was out. It's Feb 2016 and we're still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

ya the whole lot of us should get onto hrm about clarifying when we will be going in. people are putting on their lives on hold. Iv been offered a job in the states for 4 months i dont know whether to take it or not,

If there is 190 ahead of you from band 2/3 alone then unlikely it will be april for you. Its hard to know exact numbers that are left from band 1 as there is some from 700's etc still around but there is prob some after that number already in the college. It all depends who's file is complete at the time of intake so no one knows who will be in. That is why there are people waiting around so long as there vetting held them up. Hrm dont seem to want to give any info on what the story is and id say the college know no more than us about who will be in this summer. I mentioned it to a few instructors below and they didnt know anything about order of merit so that speeks for itself.

Depending on Government election (Feb 26th supposedly) next intake will be April. I cant see an intake been June though I would Guess July as the last intake went in split - 75 October 75 November they wont all be out by June. They will take 150 in April & 150

They seemed solid enough about june intake aswel down there, and apparently people will if not already are being housed outside college this year as there isnt a hope they can recruit 600 this year otherwise. I was told in the college that they can only sleep 200-250 recruits in the college.

thekopend wrote: »
    They seemed solid enough about june intake aswel down there, and apparently people will if not already are being housed outside college this year as there isnt a hope they can recruit 600 this year otherwise. I was told in the college that they can only sleep 200-250 recruits in the college.

Yeah they'll have to house the students if they're taking more in in June. I wouldn't really listen to what they said at physical. It's HRM and the minister of justice that call the shots and know what numbers are waiting etc. The staff at physical are only guessing. College sleeps 300 in total but they could need some rooms for visitors but at the minute there is 300 and none housed outside the college. Plenty of us have been told for 'certain' that we would be in plenty of times and we're still waiting. Vetting is complete so it's not a case of waiting for that. Recruiting 600 doesn't necessarily mean they will take 600 into the college. They could be passed all stages and just waiting to start. It's easy for them to have 600 people ready to start. The only way we will know is when offers go out. We can all speculate I suppose.

I just double checked my OOM of the public jobs site. Im in the 990s actually not the 190s and my groups starts at 889. So what does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

That means if they are recruiting 150 in the next intake and there are 75 from band 1 waiting, the next 70 will be from 889 to 969 to make up the 150. Thus you would then be in the next group to go down. You have to hope really that there is less than 50 band 1s left waiting if class sizes are 150 to make the next intake.

Hoping for a call in the next month about april intake so, hoping they give plenty of notice for work etc

Hoping for a call in the next month about april intake so, hoping they give plenty of notice for work etc

In the same boat. Hoping for an offer next month. I'd need at least a month to give to my current employer it's only fair. Can't leave current employers in limbo. Here's to hoping we hear soon.

Feb 26th has been announced as election. Good news for those waiting.

In the same boat. Hoping for an offer next month. I'd need at least a month to give to my current employer it's only fair. Can't leave current employers in limbo. Here's to hoping we hear soon.

Unfortunately the prob seems to be everyone that's went in so far seems to reckon they've only been given 2/3 weeks notice. Not expecting to hear anything for 5 or 6 weeks at the least

Unfortunately the prob seems to be everyone that's went in so far seems to reckon they've only been given 2/3 weeks notice. Not expecting to hear anything for 5 or 6 weeks at the least

Yeah have noticed that myself. If that's all the notice we're given not much we can do but it will be fairly bad leaving our current employer high and dry. Nah me either. It'll easily be 2 weeks after the election date.

Is it good news tho? If FG get the boot it could hold things up maybe?

thekopend wrote: »
    Is it good news tho? If FG get the boot it could hold things up maybe?

True. I think because it's already been authorised for X amount of garda the new government wouldn't decide not to recruit any further. Well let's hope so anyway. High possibility FG will stay put.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Yeah they'll have to house the students if they're taking more in in June. I wouldn't really listen to what they said at physical. It's HRM and the minister of justice that call the shots and know what numbers are waiting etc. The staff at physical are only guessing. College sleeps 300 in total but they could need some rooms for visitors but at the minute there is 300 and none housed outside the college.

There are students housed outside the college. Students began living out over a year ago.

Turbo T wrote: »
    There are students housed outside the college. Students began living out over a year ago.

Ya i was told below that they are being housed outside already and that the college only sleeps 200 or 250 recruits. The rest are for inservice and retirement courses etc .

• Advertisement

Can anyone that's in the college shed some light on what the food is like up there??. What options do you have?? Is is healthy food? Also what time do you eat at?? I would like to hope it's healthy bit have no clue whatsoever.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement