Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Zaph wrote: »
    Where the hell has KBS been all my life???!!! This is quite possibly the greatest beer I've ever tasted. If I was given free reign to make my own perfect beer I could imagine it being very close to this.

I usually buy up any stock i find
    did you buy it recently?

if so where? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dug out my bottle of Franciscan Well Jameson Barrel Aged Stout from the back of the cupboard. Best before September 2015, pffft! :)

Perfect beer for the night that's in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Dug out my bottle of Franciscan Well Jameson Barrel Aged Stout from the back of the cupboard. Best before September 2015, pffft! :)

Perfect beer for the night that's in it.

I will see your FWJBAS and raise you a 200 Fathoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

How did you manage to keep it?

:p

Oooh, close. But I think you win. ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lucena wrote: »
    €8 for nearly a pint? Could do a lot worse in Copenhagen. My OH was over there for work a while back, had to pay a tenner for a very bog-standard 33cl ale.

Radisson Falkoner hotel, one of the flagships of the brand (the service is flagship but the rooms definitely aren't - very dated). My previous trips over only involved another Radisson hotel and a few of the gay bars and they were similarly 7-8 quid per 500 or equivalent; but Carlsberg normal only. Four taps is normal in a bar here - bad Guinness, Carlsberg x2 and Tuborg!

The shop down the road has 70cl Tullamore Dew for 18 euro and 70cl Bacardi for 17.50 which I think might keep me going until we go home next week!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

limnam wrote: »
    I usually buy up any stock i find
    did you buy it recently?

if so where? :D

I think I may have bought it in Martins, but I bought it several months ago so I'm not 100%

It's called self restraint. I have one waiting to be drunk as well. :p

There's another one there too!
    Oooh, close. But I think you win. ;):D

"close"

CU2lNKaUAAAtWlx.jpg:large

Does the brandy snifter add much to the experience Baldy? Never occurred to me to drink beer from one tbh.

I only use it for sipping beers. Definitely wafts more of the aroma up the aul nostrils anyway.

• Advertisement

Does the brandy snifter add much to the experience Baldy? Never occurred to me to drink beer from one tbh.

I'd always drink "big" beers from a similar glass. It gives the beer more room to breathe. I can hear the sound of a thousand eyes rolling but I genuinely think it makes a difference.

I'd always drink "big" beers from a similar glass. It gives the beer more room to breathe. I can hear the sound of a thousand eyes rolling but I genuinely think it makes a difference.

:rolleyes:

:pac:

Must buy myself one as I have a few "big" beers that I've been saving up so it would be interesting to see what they're like from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I've one left as well.

Trying to decide what to do with it, have it Christmas day, drink it with next year's side by side, or wait another year and drink all three side by side

Option 3 sounds the most interesting, but it's two years away

Must buy myself one as I have a few "big" beers that I've been saving up so it would be interesting to see what they're like from it.

Mine is from Ikea

I've one left as well.

Trying to decide what to do with it, have it Christmas day, drink it with next year's side by side, or wait another year and drink all three side by side

Option 3 sounds the most interesting, but it's two years away

Option 4 - get everyone on this forum who still has a bottle together to drink them and then post pics for the benefit of those who don't have any. :pac:

It also makes you feel super grown up when you're drinking it. :)

Mine is from Ikea

Does the job nicely I'm sure, and a lot cheaper than Waterford Crystal. :)

Does the job nicely I'm sure, and a lot cheaper than Waterford Crystal. :)

not as hefty either.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I still have 3 of those...

...and one of those. :cool:

*locks all the doors*

• Advertisement

Stop Hoarding!

An File wrote: »
    ...and one of those. :cool:

*locks all the doors*

Well if we're comparing, I have one too, plus some Ola Dubh 12, 16 and 18. :D

Well if we're comparing, I have one too, plus some Ola Dubh 12, 16 and 18. :D

I've got them in the press, with a O'Hara's Whiskey Aged too.

And the weekend after next I'm brewing my own stout then throwing some whiskey oak chips onto it.

When to drink the Ola Dubh though. I can't even think of a fitting future event really, I'm married, my kid is born. I'll be 40 in 4 years. Suppose I could keep the 18 til then. I don't even think I'll be changing job soon.

by the way O'Hara's clearly beats FW.

FW isn't even craft :p

I've got them in the press, with a O'Hara's Whiskey Aged too.

And the weekend after next I'm brewing my own stout then throwing some whiskey oak chips onto it.

When to drink the Ola Dubh though. I can't even think of a fitting future event really, I'm married, my kid is born. I'll be 40 in 4 years. Suppose I could keep the 18 til then. I don't even think I'll be changing job soon.

Yeah, it's funny, I buy these beers and then like you have it in my head that they're too good for ordinary drinking and need an occasion. But today was one of the busiest days we've had in work for a long time so I decided that was good enough reason to break out the KBS. I'm glad I did, and I think I'll be adopting that approach from now on or they'll never get drunk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

When to drink the Ola Dubh though. I can't even think of a fitting future event really
    Drink it now! I was once like you.

"Beechwood aged, for a more refreshing taste", whatever the hell that means. :rolleyes:

I'm not drinking it right now because I've just had a 10% 200 Fathoms and I've a 19 month old son whop'll be up watching Peppa in 6 hours.

"Beechwood aged, for a more refreshing taste", whatever the hell that means. :rolleyes:

are you drinking Bud?

• Advertisement

are you drinking Bud?

God no. Just a TV ad on in the background. Markeshun schite tbh. It's like the Hop House "Double Hopped" nonsense. What does that even mean?

Just on the subject of stashing beer, there must be something in the air because I've been picking away at my beer stash lately. Always looking for that occasion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement