Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon’s Biggest Ever Deals Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Some better prices to be had for the same items and deals on amazon.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Lenovo FLEX 10 10.1-Inch Touchscreen Laptop Notebook (Intel Celeron N2840 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1) with Free Windows 10 Upgrade

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-10-1-Inch-Touchscreen-Notebook-Integrated/dp/B010LZHN2G

£129 is the cheapest its been on amazon. ~ €185

*edit* It goes to £133 ~ €190 when you get to the checkout screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Lenovo FLEX 10 10.1-Inch Touchscreen Laptop Notebook (Intel Celeron N2840 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1) with Free Windows 10 Upgrade

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-10-1-Inch-Touchscreen-Notebook-Integrated/dp/B010LZHN2G

Thats because Irish VAT is added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

Wow. Those are some shockingly bad deals. Just bought the horrible boots and the fifty shades Digibook before they get snapped up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the page layout doesn't do them any favours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

The Lenovo deal seems alright, unless someone knows of a cheaper notebook with similar spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

I ordered this Sandisk Ultra Fit 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive with some other **** for £6.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LLER2CS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Serious speeds for a flash drive that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Doge wrote: »
    I ordered this Sandisk Ultra Fit 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive with some other **** for £6.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LLER2CS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Serious speeds for a flash drive that size.

How much was/is delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

I was looking at this too but was told I should get a better spec one with 4 gigs of RAM - double Dutch to me:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Its £6.49 for standard delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

john4321 wrote: »
    Its £6.49 for standard delivery.

For you and all the other amazon noobs, delivery is free when you spend £25 on items eligible for Super Saver Delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭degsie

Amazon Prime available right now for £59 for a year, ends tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

degsie wrote: »
    Amazon Prime available right now for £59 for a year, ends tonight.

Not really worth it in Ireland is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Anyone else having issues with the deals being applied to their basket? I've placed two separate orders now. One had issue with the lightning deal discount, as it wasn't applied. Customer care sorted this out pretty quickly. On the second issue customer care were contacted again and he told me that I could only add one lightning deal to my basket at a time and that they needed to be separate orders. Anyone else ever heard of this? I don't remember this being an issue in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

Excellent perfect timing for an item I was going to buy. Costs €160 here but got it for €104.

So thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Am I blind or is there no different currency option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Am I blind or is there no different currency option?
    What options do you want?

What options do you want?

Euro? Can't see an option to change from sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

At the very end of checkout, just before you confirm your order, you'll have a choice between GBP and Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It is normally visible on the checkout page right hand side under Order details.

Why would you want to?

Generally the rate charged by your card provider is better than the rate offered by amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ah it is one of the things that puts me most of shopping on Amazon having no price displayed in Euro until the basket. Pain in the ass to have to convert everything over manually while browsing.

CH3OH wrote: »
    It is normally visible on the checkout page right hand side under Order details.

Why would you want to?

Generally the rate charged by your card provider is better than the rate offered by amazon

Be handy to have a rough idea how much it is euro while browsing the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

There was talk a while back about a google Chrome plugin that showed the prices in € on the Amazon.co.uk page
    Google " Google plugin to show amazon prices in euros"

Haven't tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Agreed but they aren't going to appease us, given our whole population is the same as just Manchester!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Tusky wrote: »
    Not really worth it in Ireland is it?

Can i ask why? Looks like a no brainer in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

CH3OH wrote: »
    There was talk a while back about a google Chrome plugin that showed the prices in € on the Amazon.co.uk page
    Google " Google plugin to show amazon prices in euros"

Haven't tried it
    I've been using it for ages. :)

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

How much was/is delivery?

I Ordered £21 worth of stuff so got free delivery to Ireland.

I was surprised it was free to ireland, i thought id have to use parcel motel / wizard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

vicwatson wrote: »
    Agreed but they aren't going to appease us, given our whole population is the same as just Manchester!

Almost all other major online retailers do it, so you would think it would make sense for them too. It's not like it would be a major piece of coding for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

The current sterling to euro exchange rate makes the deals, not deals. I'm looking on the german site.

Advertisement