Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Events are a bit too long. A week to 10 days max would be grand. Plus, I've been at this so long that they're no trouble to finish. I still have two snake logs from Whacking Day, so anything I need snakes for is done in no time. Likewise, the Freakmobile from a previous Halloween event hatches zombies every few hours. I've so much real estate that I can generate a million or so a day. Act 2 was finished 6 days before the end. All I had to do was tip in once or twice a day to get the 20 donut bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It's such a pile of balls. I get about 2 skeletons a day because Bart is always of fighting M'nsther.

Seriously, what was the point of upgrading the campfire if they were just going to totally get rid of it in Act 3? It smacks of "Oh, people are actually completing Act 2 and stockpiling resources... I KNOW! Let's make it so it was all pointless and make it so that there's no realistic hope of getting the Re-Neducation Centre unless they spend donuts!"

I legitimately think that once I get the 4th prize (that weird pumpkin thingy) I'll be done with this event. Definitely the worst event this year for me anyway.

You can send kids to the Brown house to spawn different nightmare types now seeing as the campfire no longer does it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Venom wrote: »
    You can send kids to the Brown house to spawn different nightmare types now seeing as the campfire no longer does it.

Oh I know that (thanks to a previous post here), it's just I find doing that spawns so few in comparison to the campfire. With the campfire, you could easily rack up 200 of a nightmare in the space of 8-12 hours. Now, getting 200 of anything takes days. I think I've got about 6 skeletons total since Act 3 started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nolan, I got the pumpkin thing earlier.
    Just an animated decoration!
    Does sweet FA :pac:

I now need over 4,200 items to get the final prize after only collecting over 5,000 so far.
    Going to be a close one, if I even manage it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Seriously calling B/S on Act 3. Put all my kids on tasks to the Brown house last night. This morning got not one purple bunny for the campfire upgrade and not one skeleton for the shopkeepers challenge.

• Advertisement

I went 30 campfire levels in the first 2 acts.
    Now I'm still on level 30.
    I don't know what I'm doing, or how I'm collecting the apples, but it's slowly working.

There's no actual missions going on right now, except the tree guy telling me to upgrade the campfire.

They'd want to do something for the last week, as people only remember the bad, and act 3 of this event has been pretty woeful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What annoys me most about it is all the missions in the Simpson house, Kwik-e-Mart, Moes and Krusty Burger are all pointless now. Like, if those gave candy apples (even 1 apple per hour per job or something) then at least it'd feel like you're making progress. I honestly don't understand why those jobs were added to the event if they don't contribute to it in any way.

It all just feels slapdash and ill-thought-out to me.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Seriously calling B/S on Act 3. Put all my kids on tasks to the Brown house last night. This morning got not one purple bunny for the campfire upgrade and not one skeleton for the shopkeepers challenge.

It's to make you buy boost items like the Pet Cemetery and Mausoleum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pat john

Anyone have any idea what a star spawn is

Pat john wrote: »

They're the little dudes that run around your town after M'nsther's temple has been sunk. They're sort of like the Formless Terrors, except more pointless.

• Advertisement

They're the little dudes that run around your town after M'nsther's temple has been sunk. They're sort of like the Formless Terrors, except more pointless.

Haven't come across them yet

Haven't come across them yet

When you go into the screen that shows your progress on tapping the Star Spawn, click on the blue "Do It" button to be brought to one straight away.

If you have none in your town, it'll probably bring you to the monster fella, who you need to defeat in order to spawn more Star Spawn.

They've been wondering around since the start of act 3 though, the brown headed fellas!!! :D

Are they the green things with the head of brown hair?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Are they the green things with the head of brown hair?

These guys :D

latest?cb=20151104130016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Completed yesterday and today's shopkeeper's challenge but still not finished Monday's one. Bart is the only one who can spawn skeletons too. When you've finished defeating the Munther or whatever it's called why can't you go back to spawning at the fire is beyond me. Hate this act. Visiting neighbours is only good for friends points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Used all my donuts speeding up production of skeletons. I am at 26 and no matter what I do it won't spawn them when Bart and the other one that spawns them is finished at brown house. It does all other nightmares but skeletons. Somehow managed to do yesterday's challenge but no idea what it was.

Anyone else have this problem? What is today's challenge for those who are there already?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    When you go into the screen that shows your progress on tapping the Star Spawn, click on the blue "Do It" button to be brought to one straight away.

If you have none in your town, it'll probably bring you to the monster fella, who you need to defeat in order to spawn more Star Spawn.

They've been wondering around since the start of act 3 though, the brown headed fellas!!! :D

Ah have it now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Used all my donuts speeding up production of skeletons. I am at 26 and no matter what I do it won't spawn them when Bart and the other one that spawns them is finished at brown house. It does all other nightmares but skeletons. Somehow managed to do yesterday's challenge but no idea what it was.

Anyone else have this problem? What is today's challenge for those who are there already?

Can't remember the last time I saw a skeleton.
    Loads of zombies rabbits and snakes but no skeletons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

The skeletons appear to build up in a spawn buffer. This afternoon eight or nine spawned when I was only due four, allowing me to complete the task.

The way I've noticed it happening is as follows.

After you tap the brown house when the nightmare spawning timer is finished, the zombies and the snakes spawn first.
    A few mins (2 or 3) later, the bunnies start to spawn and a few mins after that, the skeletons finally spawn

At least that's what I've notices anyway :)

• Advertisement

Getting there with the skeletons, slowly... I have 26 out of 30 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭corkie

I have found the House can only produce a certain amount of terrors at a time!

If you stagger the Kids so that only one kind of terror is produced at time, you get more terrors. Plus be assured a drop of the particular terror your looking for.

You could also send the kids for certain terror to different houses and store the IRS building so you don't release all in one go! Handy for doing it overnight

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

^^^
    Good strategy!!! :D

I have crafted everything that was needed but still have loads of bunnies, eggs etc. Should I craft other things or just leave it. Every previous event I have never been able to keep up with crafting.

I just crafted a load of spooky walls to make myself a little park!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Judging by the popularity of this game, im guessing that it was just me that found all the tapping very annoying and boring.

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Judging by the popularity of this game, im guessing that it was just me that found all the tapping very annoying and boring.

You do know the name of the game right?

Galway K9 wrote: »

It's not just you. This style of freemium game isn't for everyone.

13/30 Skeletons now. Getting there I guess...

2000 / 4220 apples with 4 days to go. Might just scrape over the line. Crap tonne of crafting resources left, with nothing I want to craft.

Act 3 ends in 4 days, but the event itself doesn't end for another 14 days... That's going to be one long ass epilogue.

And since it's not over until the 26th, it doesn't give me much hope that we might get a nice break before the Christmas event begins.

And since it's not over until the 26th, it doesn't give me much hope that we might get a nice break before the Christmas event begins.

Is there not a Thanksgiving event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Xmas/Easter/Valentines events are always a bit shyte.

Advertisement