Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Is frinks xp multiplier worth the ten donuts for 3 days? I'm level 22

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

I levelled up a lot after getting the frink deal. I was under 30 and now I'm 38/39.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm never going to get the Tenta corp thing. Anyone else finding it difficult to rack up gummies? Again my ID is Kkgirl17. Add me if you want.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm never going to get the Tenta corp thing. Anyone else finding it difficult to rack up gummies? Again my ID is Kkgirl17. Add me if you want.

I've been focusing on upgrading the campfire as much possible. I'm on level 20 with it now, and I'm starting to notice gummies going up a lot faster. Those 5% increases in spawns do add up it seems. I should have Tenta-Corp by tomorrow morning.

A tip though, if you don't end the story and s'more tasks at the campfire as soon as they pop, the nightmares appear to keep spawning. Make sure to clear all nightmares before collecting from the campfire, this ensures you get the max and don't get overrun. If you let the story go on for (for argument's sake) 5 hours instead of the 4, it's actually possible to upgrade the campfire in 2 story cycles instead of 3 (10 hours instead of 12+).

If you're short a few nightmares to upgrade the campfire, remember to visit neighbours. I just cycle through my neighbours and keep an eye out for the particular nightmare I'm hunting. So if I'm looking for zombies, I go to every town, and ignore every town with every other nightmare. So when I finally upgrade and am looking for a new nightmare, all those other towns are still teeming with them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

^ That may be the nerdiest post I've made on Boards.

• Advertisement

I've tried that once or twice but it's so slow going to other towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Anyone else annoys the extra gummies aren't giving donuts? I know it's because of the shopkeepers challenges but I got the last prize days ago so now the gummies are for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Woshy wrote: »
    Anyone else annoys the extra gummies aren't giving donuts? I know it's because of the shopkeepers challenges but I got the last prize days ago so now the gummies are for nothing!

I just stopped, waiting for the next round to start. Did not see the point of carrying on.

I was going to post this exact thing last night. It's really annoying. Even if they made it 4k for 3 donuts or something (I'm currently at 15k so would only have got the first one now or so) it'd be something to work towards. It feels like an oversight to me tbh.

Anyone have any problems with skeletons spawning? This morning I had 1 or 2 after leaving it all night and after tapping the camp to spawn them I didn't get a whole lot either. That was three hours ago and I only had 1 or 2 again. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

guil wrote: »
    Anyone have any problems with skeletons spawning? This morning I had 1 or 2 after leaving it all night and after tapping the camp to spawn them I didn't get a whole lot either. That was three hours ago and I only had 1 or 2 again. Any ideas?

You have to send kids to the "Brown House" now, in order to spawn creatures!

This event is just after crossing the line into tedium for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

marcbrophy wrote: »

Ahhh -I was wondering why it kept directing me to the brown house when I wanted to upgrade my camp fire and spawn...

Mine still say to do it at the camp fire.

This is stupid spawning from the Brown house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Ah FFS, just after sticking all the kids on 4 hour jobs before checking this. I made a post last night about the shopkeepers challenge and it's not there.

No point in doing it anymore as no toffeeapples?

I have tasks coming out of my ears so the sooner this event is over the better.

Act 3 is a pile of sh*te.

8 hours to spawn 2 bloody nightmares at the Brown House instead of 4 at the campfire, plus it seems the nightmares aren't spawning in between these times.

And what's the point of these "spawn" things. Why don't they give you Candied Apples?

Load of bollox IMO.

I'm lost by it. If I tap the brown house I just get a choice to spend donuts for the cash. Tap each character and there's nothing about spawning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

guil wrote: »
    I'm lost by it. If I tap the brown house I just get a choice to spend donuts for the cash. Tap each character and there's nothing about spawning.

Maybe you have some outstanding task that needs to be completed.

I think you have to banish the monster thingy first before you can send the kids on tasks again.

Maybe you have some outstanding task that needs to be completed.

I think you have to banish the monster thingy first before you can send the kids on tasks again.

Yeah there must be. I'm way behind on task because all the kids were going to the fire and as many of the others were going to the house, moes etc to get more gummies.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Act 3 is a pile of sh*te.

8 hours to spawn 2 bloody nightmares at the Brown House instead of 4 at the campfire, plus it seems the nightmares aren't spawning in between these times.

And what's the point of these "spawn" things. Why don't they give you Candied Apples?

Load of bollox IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me if they set it up this way so people would spend real money to get tasks done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

This update is a direct copy from the family guy game comic con event last year.
    And that annoyed me no end.

I didn't realise the nightmare where spawning from brown house until I accidentally tapped on it.
    Its stupid the adult jobs no longer collect things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have a feeling people were finishing Act 1 and 2 much quicker than they expected so they slowed it down for Act 3 so people won't be finished too early. That's basically the only change. Everything is slower. I liked the pace originally as it meant I didn't have to log in several times a day to keep on track. I was able to log in once or twice a day and still finish with a day or two to spare. People who were logging in every four or so hours would have finished with probably a week to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'm stuck trying to get zombie s. 2 every 4 hrs is a pita especially cos friends just have the munster lad spawning. IV given up on this update :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Act 3 is so stupid. The shopkeeper's challenge is to squish 30 skeletons. How am I supposed to do that? Bart is fighting the monster thing so only Database produces skeletons - 2 every 4 hours and the last two times no skeletons have appeared. I went to all my friends towns and managed to get 9. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

It is a pain. But we have until Friday to complete each task, they don't have to be completed on the day they pop up, so it'll just take a while to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Act 3 is so stupid. The shopkeeper's challenge is to squish 30 skeletons. How am I supposed to do that? Bart is fighting the monster thing so only Database produces skeletons - 2 every 4 hours and the last two times no skeletons have appeared. I went to all my friends towns and managed to get 9. That's it.

I tried to go to friends towns but it was taking so long. It takes me about 4 minutes min to do a single friend. That is the real nightmare of this event!

• Advertisement

It's such a pile of balls. I get about 2 skeletons a day because Bart is always of fighting M'nsther.

Seriously, what was the point of upgrading the campfire if they were just going to totally get rid of it in Act 3? It smacks of "Oh, people are actually completing Act 2 and stockpiling resources... I KNOW! Let's make it so it was all pointless and make it so that there's no realistic hope of getting the Re-Neducation Centre unless they spend donuts!"

I legitimately think that once I get the 4th prize (that weird pumpkin thingy) I'll be done with this event. Definitely the worst event this year for me anyway.

Advertisement