Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Moto X Play and Style be on sale in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

kobe, how long until it ships?

I read somewhere it doesn't ship for up to 2 weeks.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

kobe, how long until it ships?

Estimated delivery date is 9th of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

What colours did you go for? I know a BMW salesman - he always tells people to avoid whacky colours as can affect resale value - I'd say the same applies to the Moto X!

digitaldr wrote:
    What colours did you go for? I know a BMW salesman - he always tells people to avoid whacky colours as can affect resale value - I'd say the same applies to the Moto X!

White & light gold front, light gold accent, leather back, looks normal enough for me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Kobe wrote: »
    White & light gold
    Are you sure it wasn't blue and black?

• Advertisement

Update:
    Just got an email from Motorola UK says that my order is on hold and need to call them. Maybe because of the Irish card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I really want the Play, my Moto G 4G is dying a slow death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Niemoj wrote: »
    I really want the Play, my Moto G 4G is dying a slow death.

It's in argos right now for 350.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    It's in argos right now for 350.

Yeah, albeit with no customisability though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yeah, albeit with no customisability though.

But it's a great phone. One of the few left phones left that you can insert an SD card plus android marshmallow will come changes that will give you the option to download apps and files direct to your SD card and will integrate your SD card with your phone storage

Reports say this will be one of the first phones after nexus devices to get marshmallow, quiet soon. The moto g got lollipop a week after its release. Plus its stock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

thomasj wrote: »
    But it's a great phone. One of the few left phones left that you can insert an SD card plus android marshmallow will come changes that will give you the option to download apps and files direct to your SD card and will integrate your SD card with your phone storage

Reports say this will be one of the first phones after nexus devices to get marshmallow, quiet soon. The moto g got lollipop a week after its release. Plus its stock!

Have to agree it's a great phone for 350 and the battery is amazing, with my s4 my days were based around where I'd get a charge in and carrying a spare battery and now ive nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya the battery is fantastic.. It's been lasting 3 days on a charge for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭emo72

my missus has it and thinks its brilliant. i need to get her a case for it though, just seen her chuck it into her handbag:(, followed by a bunch of keys:eek: the wimminz be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

What I love about this phone:

- battery size and life

- stock android

- with that comes the promise of quick android updates. Reports say marshmallow will come very soon after nexus phones get it.

- quickcharge (if that's even needed)

- SD card slot (and like I said from marshmallow onwards SD cards can be merged into phones storage)

- there's also an fm radio transmitter. The FM radio app does not come preinstalled but it can be downloaded from the play store

- on the phone in the rain earlier and my OnePlus one went mental pressing buttons etc. While you can't expect it to be okay in a swimming pool for a prolonged time. It will be more resistant to splashes etc!

This will be my next phone soon. :)

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-X-Play,LG-G3/phones/9554,8347

LG G3 can be gotten for about €25 cheaper, has 1GB more ram, records in 4k, but Moto X Play has a better camera, Android 5.1, speedy update to Marshmallow and is newer.

Hmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Don't forget the main selling point in the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-X-Play,LG-G3/phones/9554,8347

LG G3 can be gotten for about €25 cheaper, has 1GB more ram, records in 4k, but Moto X Play has a better camera, Android 5.1, speedy update to Marshmallow and is newer.

Hmmm.....

The G4 dropped to $400 on-line and I get mine for only 50 more than that on anazon, If you are thinking G3 I'd say G4 is a better deal as it's Camera is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

G4 can be got from eGlobal for just over €400. Great deal if you're after one.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Yeah but the SD615 over the SD808? There has to be a difference in speed and reliability right?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

currently available to pre order on amazon.co.uk
    Shipping October 21st
    I went through the order process to nearly the end and there did not appear to be any issue shipping to Ireland (unlike amazon.de)
    Price 360 sterling (~500 euro)

white
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-Style-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B014UUQG7G/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1443019873&sr=1-4&keywords=motorola+moto+x+style

Black
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-Style-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B014UUQGDU/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1443019873&sr=1-6&keywords=motorola+moto+x+style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I went through the order process to nearly the end and there did not appear to be any issue shipping to Ireland (unlike amazon.de)

Amazon.es have the Style up as presale but no definite release date. Amazon.fr don't have any sign of the Style yet but it will appear there too eventually I'm sure.

Both of these Amazon branches will deliver Motorola stuff to Ireland, I got my own Black X 2014 from France around the time of the summer pricedrop, and I believe others on here got the White/Bamboo model from the Spanish branch around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Been noticing something strange while browsing the German Amazon's Motorola shop.

Some of the devices are available to Ireland and some aren't.

For example 3rd Gen G, 2nd Gen E, X Style, Nexus 6 Blue in 32GB, and some of the 1st gen 360 are unavailable to Ireland.
    Others such as X Play, Nexus 6 in Blue 64GB and both sizes in White, 2nd Gen X, 2nd Gen G, 1st Gen E, most of the 1st Gen 360 seem to be available.

Kind of hard to figure out the reason. I wondered are they prioritising more in demand devices for their domestic market or something like that? But then there's the availability of X Play which would be popular and seemingly busts that theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yeah but the SD615 over the SD808? There has to be a difference in speed and reliability right?

It's not really about the amount of cores it's got but what it can do under load with them. See how the SD810 only does better in benchmarks vs the 808 but in 'real world' tests it's the very same performance wise unless you have +10 apps open...the 810 also uses more power than the 808.

You also have to look at the GPU in the 808 is stronger than the one in the 615 as that's meant for higher end hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have been holding out for a Oneplus Two but the more I look at the Moto X Pure the more I want it.

Staying with a friend in NYC in 2 weeks and if I order now it'll be there for when I arrive, works out about €388 customised and delivered.

Anything I should be wary of in the american handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

maximoose wrote: »
    Have been holding out for a Oneplus Two but the more I look at the Moto X Pure the more I want it.

Staying with a friend in NYC in 2 weeks and if I order now it'll be there for when I arrive, works out about €388 customised and delivered.

Anything I should be wary of in the american handset?

Which one is the Moto X Pure Max? Or did you mean Play? :)

I think it's just what the Style is called in the US?

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-pure-edition

maximoose wrote: »
    I think it's just what the Style is called in the US?

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-pure-edition

Ah yes, that's exactly what it is, I forgot they changed the name in the US.

I just checked the bands of the Pure, and they are below:

Bands

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700 (AWS),1900, 2100 MHz)
    CDMA (800, 850, 1900 MHz)
    4G LTE† (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 38, 41)

The bands of the Style are below:

Bands - model XT1572

UMTS GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    UMTS/HSPA+ (800, 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 25, 28, 40, 41)

So, depending on which bands your Irish network needs, you may or may not be covered if you buy the US edition.

It's a great price all the same :)

Thanks - That should cover me for 4G on 3 Irl so - think I'll pull the trigger later!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

Thinking about buying the moto play in argos for 350 just wondering is this the cheapest price that can be got?

• Advertisement

ieoin wrote: »
    Thinking about buying the moto play in argos for 350 just wondering is this the cheapest price that can be got?

Yeah, it's pretty much €380 in most other places :)

Advertisement