Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

Corvo wrote: »
    Is the €24.99 DLC worth getting, lads? It says it adds 30 hours, but I'm wary...

The rule with season passes is never pay before anything comes out. I'm sure this will be great but why pay now? It's not like it will suddenly double in price by the time it arrives. At least if you wait you can be sure it's something you want to pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Kirby wrote: »
    It's pretty good but I could do without ever hearing that wailing woman from the combat music again. :P

The music on the islands is terrible too, a bit like Clannad and De Danann interfering with the Corrs.

The rule with season passes is never pay before anything comes out. I'm sure this will be great but why pay now? It's not like it will suddenly double in price by the time it arrives. At least if you wait you can be sure it's something you want to pay for.

Shouldn't that be the rule with all video games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CDPR....I don't mind giving them my hard earned dosh and paying full whack.

The Witcher 3 was the best game I played in years, it has ruined other RPGs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shouldn't that be the rule with all video games?

No the rule should be "make a decent game and we will support it afterwards".

CDPR nailed that so i have no issues paying for a season pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No the rule should be "make a decent game and we will support it afterwards".

CDPR nailed that so i have no issues paying for a season pass.

Usually I'd be against the idea of a season pass but in this case I'd be pretty certain you'll get plenty of bang for your buck. The likes of WB ruin the idea of a season pass for me as they just take the absolute mick with their DLC but this game has me thinking I might make an exception.

11049657_939794019393385_2923235654753239838_n.jpg?oh=3dcc9a204c4828331506c8f43c3180a3&oe=5665E8B5

Found this in France recently, fairly sure Drowners live here.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I was reading an article on Rock Paper Shotgun which was effectively a review of all 16 free pieces of DLC released for the game and in it they mentioned that they felt like all the DLC was cut from the main game and released as free DLC as a ploy by CDPR, purely to gain a large amount of community good will which will help drive sales of both the main game and the upcoming expansions. Of course no evidence was provided to back up the theory but then no evidence is provided when people say paid for DLC is content deliberately cut from other games either.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/21/witcher-3-dlc-guide/#more-308913

Those evil geniuses at CDPR....they were worse than EA all along....I knew it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Saw that earlier myself and thought that was a fairly disingenuous article. I mean the main point for me is that this is content that almost every other developer is also putting out, but charging for. Look at the paltry offering that the latest Batman season pass has offered, it's absolutely on a par with the Witcher 3's DLC expect you have to pay €40 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Azza wrote: »
    I was reading an article on Rock Paper Shotgun which was effectively a review of all 16 free pieces of DLC released for the game and in it they mentioned that they felt like all the DLC was cut from the main game and released as free DLC as a ploy by CDPR, purely to gain a large amount of community good will which will help drive sales of both the main game and the upcoming expansions. Of course no evidence was provided to back up the theory but then no evidence is provided when people say paid for DLC is content deliberately cut from other games either.

Those evil geniuses at CDPR....they were worse than EA all along....I knew it!!!

Also who set the criteria of exactly what the difference between DLC and Base Game content is!
    Even if what they say is true, CDPR have not asked for a cent unlike EA and their ilk.
    On a side note I paid full whack for the game along withe the expansion from gog simply because they flogged it DRM FREE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone have any advice for killing the Griffin in the first part of the game? I just can't seem to do it. I can get it down about 1/5 of its health but then I'm dead. Once I got it down to about 1/2.

I'm equipping the crossbow like the game is forcing me to. Plus I have the 3 potions that you're supposed to use but they don't make much of a difference.

Anyone have any advice for killing the Griffin in the first part of the game? I just can't seem to do it. I can get it down about 1/5 of its health but then I'm dead. Once I got it down to about 1/2.

I'm equipping the crossbow like the game is forcing me to. Plus I have the 3 potions that you're supposed to use but they don't make much of a difference.

Lock onto him with the lock on button and attack him from the side, hit 2 or 3 times then move away and wait for the next chance. Dont go head on he will damage you.

Use your sword does a lot more damage.

Should kill him without taking a hit if you time it right.

/that works for basicially everything in the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You need to work on your combat techniques, dodging especially, you tend to roll for monsters/dodge for humans. Get into the habit of casting Quen as you fight aswell to absorb damage. The Griffin is a really easy fight though, shoot it in the face as it swoops, run in and give it a few thwacks, roll away and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soap1978

Skerries wrote: »
    Rot5afK.jpg
    what else will u do for gwent cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Azza wrote: »

In my 12 years working in the games industry on over 30 games I have never seen or heard people talk about "cutting" content from a game to be released as DLC. Not saying it's never happened in the history of game dev but i'd like to think that if it's as common as all these click-bait articles say; I should of seen it by now :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only played an hour or so of the game so far since i got it :P
    Far too many games and genres with so little time,like xcom its one i put on the back burner with plans to return to them.
    Quick question about W3,s there much replayability with the game?
    I enjoyed just roaming around exploring in skyrim, you didnt have to play the story to progress or to have fun.
    Can you do similar in W3 or is it strictly story mode?
    Since the game is supposed to have an expansive open world,it would be nice to have this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

I'm just 12 hours in to the game, and have spent most of the time exploring and doing secondary quests, so yes you can ride around and explore as much as you want, then come back and do the main story quests. I've collected loads of loot at this stage, need to find somewhere to flog it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

there are a lot of sites of interest that are marked on the map but there are also things to see if you just go wondering off the road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well I finally did it. I left White Orchard. I've had the game since launch but I've only been pecking away at it in little chunks. It is amazing how much this game has opened up. The new areas look massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I picked this up last night seen as it was on sale. Downloaded and ready to go for this evening :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I picked this up last night seen as it was on sale. Downloaded and ready to go for this evening :)

See you in around 100 hours :)

Is there much left after
    The Battle of Kaer Mhoran
    ?

I thought it must be finished now after that but it keeps going and going...

Also hope they dont leave
    Nilfgard and the other armies
    unresolved, I want to see what happens there...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there much left after
    The Battle of Kaer Mhoran
    ?

I thought it must be finished now after that but it keeps going and going...

Also hope they dont leave
    Nilfgard and the other armies
    unresolved, I want to see what happens there...

Yea there is a decent amount left,
    You will just be going into Act 3, so there are about 10 missions left - and they are all a decent size

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Corvo

Did anyone else find that the battle against
    Eredin was really easy
    ?
    Saying that, I found Imelrith torturous!

The Quen stone right before the fight was a big clue, I didnt even need a potion taking him down, very easy boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Did anyone else find that the battle against
    Eredin was really easy
    ?

I found them both easy. I think it was because I did all the side quests etc, so my level was probably above what the designers would have expected for most people to be at, at that point. Or maybe not, but it was really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Corvo

Thargor wrote: »
    The Quen stone right before the fight was a big clue, I didnt even need a potion taking him down, very easy boss.
    Noopti wrote: »
    I found them both easy. I think it was because I did all the side quests etc, so my level was probably above what the designers would have expected for most people to be at, at that point. Or maybe not, but it was really easy.

I was a little disappointed to be honest!
    After Imelrith I expected a really tough ending (and I went in a couple of levels over what I should have been along with Mastercrafter Griffin Gear)
    It's at the stage now where I actually can't find a challenge, which is a little bit of a letdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It's at the stage now where I actually can't find a challenge, which is a little bit of a letdown!

What it's there for

NGWITCHER.png

• Advertisement

I was a little disappointed to be honest!
    After Imelrith I expected a really tough ending (and I went in a couple of levels over what I should have been along with Mastercrafter Griffin Gear)

Really?

Go to Skellig and there are a few un named islands to the north, get out of your boat on the one on the furtherst right and make it all the way to the left :)

aAbD0Sk0whO2yAcffmtcXAYGhNzk8_JwPV_p91fpdGyrCDg60L6-D-Q-iwxkMX2dWSULUcRpcu8_wYgdH3SDCukvSIA37Bc_bS8HizSyWpxU23LYmsv5qfgGbOwAynt4

Hf gl :D

Advertisement