Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Moto X Play and Style be on sale in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

tok9 wrote: »
    What's the main difference between the Style and Play?

I'll need to get a new phone within a month and so far I really like the look of Play and I'm living in the UK currently.

There's a world of information right at your finger tips, if only there where a way!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Super response.

You're right, asking about it on a thread about the 2 phones was silly of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I didnt realise it until I did the search myself but there are considerable differences between the two.
    Not great from Motorola as it's just causing confusion:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto-X-Style-vs-Moto-X-Play-vs-Moto-G-2015-specs-comparison_id72052

Biggest changes from what i can see:

Screen Size:
    X Style: 5.7 inches (1440 x 2560)
    X Play: 5.5 inches (1080 x 1920)

CPU:
    X Style: Snap 808
    X Play: Snap 615

RAM:
    X Style: 3GB
    X Play: 2GB

But then the X Play has a far larger battery :confused:

The battery is the main draw for me so I think I will go for the Play. I've been trying to buy one now and I keep getting error's when I put in my address so waiting to hear back from support now.

Also if anyone is in the UK or able to buy off the Uk site, here is a £10 code off - UKWELCOME10

Managed to get past that issue but now you can't seem to buy the phone anymore. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Managed to get past that issue but now you can't seem to buy the phone anymore. :(

they are sold out and your late to the party.

Ya that's extremely annoying. I was trying to buy it all morning and then when I was finally able to it's out of stock.

Hopefully it won't take too long to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

How are you planning on getting it from the UK/Germany.

I couldn't buy it through Parcel Motel and you cannot change shipping country.

I'm currently living in the UK but I'll be going travelling by the start of October.

So as long as I've a new phone before than that's fine. And one of the main things I want is a good battery which to the sounds of it, Play has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    might be locked to orange

Might:rolleyes:...... but its not :p

( 'Orange store' is just another route to market for Expansys )

It's back up as available (delayed) on the motomaker site but again it doesn't let you checkout.

It's back up as available (delayed) on the motomaker site but again it doesn't let you checkout.

Spotted that, says it's a back order order but when you click submit it says "some items in your cart are no longer available" :rolleyes:

I was able to buy it there. Bought the 16GB model in Black with Royal Navy and a red accent.

Didn't see the point of getting the 32GB as I'll just get an external SD for the £40 it would have cost to store videos/pictures etc. 16GB is plenty for apps with me.

It's arriving on the 7th September so if anyone wants any info then, let me know.

Meh, ordered another one a second ago and put my Parcel Motel PM number is as the company name(optional) and used the old Postcode. We'll see. Took about 30 mins last time(s) to dump my order. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Just seen a UK unboxing of the moto x play and one of the little things I like is that while the box doesn't come with a turbo charger (it is 15w quick charge compatible but has to bought separately) I like that the plug that comes with it has 2 USB sockets. So someone can charge 2 devices simutaniously. Nice little touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Am I right in saying in terms of the customisation side of things there wont be any options unless you are UK based?

I'm probably going to buy the Moto X Play but would love to get it white and blue. Its a shame if that's the case. Poor from Motorola really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

You can get it off contract on UK Amazon for roughly €377 with free shipping so there's no point buying it from Orange or Expansy. Pretty ridiculous situation here though, I thought it'd be much cheaper and will probably abandon my quest for the X Play and just get a 64GB OnePlus One for €300...

Famoso wrote: »
    You can get it off contract on UK Amazon for roughly €377 with free shipping so there's no point buying it from Orange or Expansy. Pretty ridiculous situation here though, I thought it'd be much cheaper and will probably abandon my quest for the X Play and just get a 64GB OnePlus One for €300...

One Plus One or Moto x Play...

I have the One, but kind of want the play dont know why.

What would you do? advice appreciated.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    One Plus One or Moto x Play...

I have the One, but kind of want the play dont know why.

What would you do? advice appreciated.

I'd stick with the one to be honest. I imagine it has a better or similar spec.

That said I generally don't see the point in upgrading a phone yearly. Personal opinion is 2-3 yrs.

Which is why I'm moving from my HTC One M7 to the Play and it's primarily for the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

Good but that's very over priced for an apparent budget phone. I pulled the trigger recently on a 64GB 1+1 for 320€ instead.

http://store.orange.com/eu/mobile-phones/sim-free-phones/motorola-moto-x-play-white-280774/

Is another route to the same product via Expansys. But note no delivery charge :).

I've bought from them and would again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hu4rorZ

Clove dotcodotuk have the style version up officially now, claiming Sep 21st stock arrival

(cant post link, soz)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

hu4rorZ wrote: »
    Clove dotcodotuk have the style version up officially now, claiming Sep 21st stock arrival

(cant post link, soz)

http://www.clove.co.uk/motorola-moto-x-style

£350 sterling. That's less than the second generation was when it launched last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Any sigh of them in shops here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I really hope this to be available to us at a reasonable price. I'd buy it in a second.

• Advertisement

Mine has been dispatched today

Edit: Looks like it'll still be a while yet though, I didn't realise it was being dispatched from China.

Advertisement